Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Unobtainable Mini-Game Trophies

KaiieaKaiiea
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
Forum Moderator
in Suggestions and Feedback
I wanted to bring attention to a few mini-game trophies that are realistically unobtainable. I'm going to use Spring Beach as an example, but this could apply to other mini-games.

To max out the Master of Spring Beach trophy, you need to WIN 1000 times. Grueling and time-consuming (what would that be...80+ hours of Spring Beach with only wins counting?) but okay.

Even worse though, the participant trophy at max level:

paEbuYr.png

It requires a participation of 10,000 times. Let's say you are only going to participate and then peace out (which I don't think is intended and not really good for gameplay) and you are going to allow yourself one minute of participation each time. That would be 10,000 minutes which equals 166.67 hours of just "participating" in Spring Beach. That's only if you're going in and leaving, it would take even longer if you tried to win and actually played the mini-game. Also keep in mind that you can't just grind out plays on these because the mini-game choices pop up at random.

I know that some trophies are things that you just need to grind out and others you just need to put in hours over the course of your account while playing, but this is rather impossible. I don't think it's realistic for people to get this trophy over the course of years.
NikynoonooVerloEekvolem

Comments

• FantasykittenFantasykitten
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,610
    i bought this up doing CBT1 an whas told by the comunity to just deal with it becouse the game is meant to be played for years -.-
    NikynoonooVerlo
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 2:22PM October 15, 2018
    This trophy is insanity you get this minigame about once an hour because they rotate so I'm going to do the math of just how long it would take you in real time if you showed up to every event every hour.

60 minutes X 10,000 games = 600,000 minutes of real time passing to get this trophy.

600,000 divided by 1440 to get the days = 416.6 days

416.6 divided by 365 to get the years = 1.14 years

So for you to get this trophy you would have to show up every hour of every day for over a year and only play spring beach that's completely unreasonable especially if the other minigames are also like this.

WAtheAnumKaiiea
  • AynixAynix
    I dont see any problem here.
  • CryoGXCryoGX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    edited 2:37PM October 15, 2018
    The main problem I've got with it is that it's not listed as an (Account) trophy. It's somewhat feasible to attain on a main in the absolute long run but you're not gonna be going full completionist on alts if you have any sanity.
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    CryoGX wrote: »
    The main problem I've got with it is that it's not listed as an (Account) trophy. It's somewhat feasible to attain on a main in the absolute long run but you're not gonna be going full completionist on alts if you have any sanity.

Except this is just one minigame there is a lot more which are just as insane to even attempt.
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    I think it's more ridiculous that these trophies have no rewards.
    Who the hell is gonna spend two years making sure to play Spring Beach every single time it shows up for a lame +1 to trophy count?
    You couldn't even give a trophy this absurdly time consuming to get a reward, because none of them would be worth it.
    So just remove them.
    RuskiiKaiiea
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    I thought MC Kay events were limited time only. Hmm.

In any case, UPDATE THE PRIZE WHEEL FOR MCKAY, HALF OF THEM SUCK, theres very little incentive to do these games once you hit 60 as well.
    Heartdonor
  • VerloVerlo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,000
    I too have brought the issue up multiple times on these forums about character-bound trophies with ridiculously high goals that will take years. I dont even see my self participating let alone winning mini-games more than 500 times at best.

If they had made these trophies account-bound though I wouldnt complain.

There are a lot of trophies that need to be reconsidered and looked over.

There is a trophy to be logged in for 3 years real-time in each character for example

TT.TT
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    <3 Hey,dear friend , we very sorry you no like but no open dispute please.
    Play game 130years and you fine ok? Close dispute now please,bad for business.

Sincerely Wing Nana-Chi
    Kaiiea
  • KaiieaKaiiea
    Forum Moderator
    edited 11:16PM October 18, 2018
    Verlo wrote: »
    I too have brought the issue up multiple times on these forums about character-bound trophies with ridiculously high goals that will take years. I dont even see my self participating let alone winning mini-games more than 500 times at best.

There is a trophy to be logged in for 3 years real-time in each character for example

TT.TT

You know, I'm okay with that last one...I mean, there should be a handful of trophies are based on length of time playing...though 3 years per character rather than account bound is tough.

These mini-game ones though would take even longer than that. You have to take so much into consideration.

For EACH mini-game you would have to play only ONE minute which involves you not even getting to play the game (which would make you ineligible for the other trophy that is granted for WINNING) the game.

So, if you are actually playing the mini-games the way they are intended to be played...which is what, say 5 minutes? Then each of these trophies would take 5x the amount of time than the math that was done in the comment above, which was more than a year. We're now at 5 years per each of these trophies...and that's for trying to win the game EVERY time it pops up in 24 hours.

We should then get more realistic and say you play the mini-game 8x per day (which is still to most people pretty unrealistic tbh). We're now at, what, 15 years it would take for just ONE of these trophies with "normal" gameplay?
    Nikynoonoo
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    Kaiiea wrote: »
    Verlo wrote: »

TT.TT

You know, I'm okay with that last one...I mean, there should be a handful of trophies are based on length of time playing...though 3 years per character rather than account bound is tough.

These mini-game ones though would take even longer than that. You have to take so much into consideration.

For EACH mini-game you would have to play only ONE minute which involves you not even getting to play the game (which would make you ineligible for the other trophy that is granted for WINNING) the game.

So, if you are actually playing the mini-games the way they are intended to be played...which is what, say 5 minutes? Then each of these trophies would take 5x the amount of time than the math that was done in the comment above, which was more than a year. We're now at 5 years per each of these trophies...and that's for trying to win the game EVERY time it pops up in 24 hours.

We should then get more realistic and say you play the mini-game 8x per day (which is still to most people pretty unrealistic tbh). We're now at, what, 15 years it would take for just ONE of these trophies with "normal" gameplay?

These minigames trophies need a serious rework they are completely unfeasible in their current state I might make a thread about what new amounts to get them should be.
    Kaiiea