Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Dance Dance Stop?...

GummybitesGummybites
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,895
edited 9:13AM October 19, 2018 in General Chat
Has anyone noticed the amount of people purposely lowering the barrier when the clock is about to run out in Dance Dance Stop? It is incredibly annoying and ruins the fun of the game.
idontreallyknowman

Comments

• NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Honestly no I haven't seen that, but the amount of people who screw over the person on a 1 space is immense.
    GummybitesHosuMadokaMagicaFloeNaosHeartdonorTseneRrabbix
  • TheAngryBadgerTheAngryBadger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 755
    yes to both posts above, idk why deactivating is even a feature in the first place and why we cant activate defenses for 1 man platforms
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    If there was no risk, there would be no reward. What you view as 'toxicity' is simply the balancing measure put in place so that you can be given something for your time. Otherwise you would just walk away with 20% of your level and a coin every time you jumped into Dance Dance Stop.
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,435
    Dance Dance Stop Lowering thE BARRIER YOU MOTHER F-
    IritokiHosuUmiSonodaFanidontreallyknowmanTseneRrabbix
  • Banana BreadBanana Bread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    When I first played I deactivated defenses because I had no idea what was going on so I give people the benefit of the doubt when they do it lol. I don't think I've ever seen anyone deliberately doing it to troll.

The 1 blocks though? I don't even go near them unless I'm out of options, I've definitely had people decide to take me down with them because they couldn't find another block.
    NikynoonooTseneMissFortune
  • Tonto151Tonto151
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Honestly, I just think most people either have a weird compulsion to hit F every time they see it (Like there's no reason for people to activate traps in Crazy Runners but the bastards do it anyway) or they just don't pay attention at all and are just constantly spamming their keyboards.
    I just tell myself they're just kids even though I'm sure they're not.
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    Oh man, that sucks...I've been fortunate not to get any of those yet. It would be cool if there was just an auto-lock feature maybe. Like if the correct amount of people get on the tile, it auto-locks. That way no one gets screwed.
  • GotexGotex
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 860
    The way i see it, either they are trying to troll or have no Idea whats going on. LOL the one square idea is toxic too. i have even seen people move on to a square and refuse to move in hopes of scaring a person to move. Buuuuuuuut the events hppens so much, i forget it even happens some times.
    Gummybites
  • DonPatchDonPatch
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 440
    That lowering that barrier right before the time rights out is a dirty move and it's happened to me, like why toss away your win like that lmfao.

People crying about the one man tile and calling it toxic literally never played a game of chicken in their lives though, ain't nothing wrong with the one man tile.
    GummybitesGretaTsene
  • Techn0mancerTechn0mancer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    To play devils advocate here, I've been hosed by that a few times myself, but I've actually found it funny. Surely I'm not the only one? Also, I think the majority of it is people with laggy computers hitting the activation button a second behind you by the time their pc registers it, but that's just supposition. Nexon pretty clearly put traps into Crazy Runners for people to be able to hose each other, for example, so I'd say it was very intentional and potentially amusing. Those kay coins are about worthless anyway, unless you just desperately want a full beard for your character. lol
    NaffyTrip3xTsene
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    Tonto151 wrote: »
    Honestly, I just think most people either have a weird compulsion to hit F every time they see it (Like there's no reason for people to activate traps in Crazy Runners but the bastards do it anyway) or they just don't pay attention at all and are just constantly spamming their keyboards.
    I just tell myself they're just kids even though I'm sure they're not.

Thank you I'm not the only one who notices that.
  • MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    I never forgot the time I was on a 1 spot on the last round and someone goes and runs on it the last second ;-;
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    How do you even play that game lol? I only played it once but had absolutely no clue what was going on or what I was supposed to be doing.
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    How do you even play that game lol? I only played it once but had absolutely no clue what was going on or what I was supposed to be doing.

Best tips I can give is these three.

Find a yellow square with around 2 people at the start and whatever you do don't move unless you absolutely have to trying to find another spot is almost guaranteed to make you lose if there isn't another option right next to you.

Don't go for the bonus red squares it's suicide because people constantly move in and out.

People will screw you over on a one square just because they are going to lose attempt to avoid them at all costs.
    Greta
  • JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    If there was no risk, there would be no reward. What you view as 'toxicity' is simply the balancing measure put in place so that you can be given something for your time. Otherwise you would just walk away with 20% of your level and a coin every time you jumped into Dance Dance Stop.

What's the point though since both of the people/groups are going to just lose anyway. This isn't about risk at all. It's about trolls just trolling around bc they think it's the "cool" thing to do. It's not like you can make people lose while you still end up winning. If you make a person(s) lose then you lose as well. So you are basically screwing over everyone for no rewards to anyone. It's a stupid mechanic that needs to be changed. Don't allow deactivation and allow activation on number 1 blocks. Otherwise no one will be doing this mini game anymore due to idiots who like to troll.
  • PoppyBrosJrPoppyBrosJr
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    The 1 blocks dont have a barrier for a reason.

Think its perfectly fine they can be messed up.
    Tsene
  • JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    edited 10:43PM October 19, 2018
    The 1 blocks dont have a barrier for a reason.

Think its perfectly fine they can be messed up.

It's pointless though since even if you decide to mess someone up you also lose. In crazy runners the traps do basically nothing even when activated. As long as you know what you're doing you can still end up winning that mini game. Dance Dance Stop though you're just being a troll which has no benefits for you but the lols. Now if you were able to somehow make other people lose, and still end up winning the game. Then that be a different story. It's just an idiotic thing to do and shows how much of a jerk you are.
  • NaosNaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,115
    DDS is my favorite MC game so I've played it quite a bit.

Over that time I've seen a LOT of people not knowing what they are doing with the barriers. You can tell as they de-activate it here and there thinking they need to as they are not sure what it does. ONCE, however, I was on a 5 square where a player was spamming F deliberately to troll us. We asked him to stop and he did not, which verified what he was doing.

As for the 1 squares, that's just scorched earth. "If I can't win I am taking as many with me as possible." This happens way too frequently and says more about the player than the game.

You get a really good view of the wide swath of human nature in that game. I've seen the 6th man on a 5 spot step off just at the last second to save the group. So there is some noble action to be seen. Lot's of bad math skills as well......
    Tsene
  • MiunaMiuna
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    I could doubt about people who lowers the barrier at random continuously or right after we put it up... but those who wait till time is almost up they do it totally on purpose so I'm not taking or giving any good words about that people. And about the one person tiles, well, unless whoever is standing there never played, everyone else knows they're risky, still I personally try to not step on them if there's already someone but that's not something that people does often.
  • KileshaKilesha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 425
    If there was no risk, there would be no reward.

wheres the "risk" in the games like quiz etc?