Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

[SUGGESTIONS] UGC Weapon Template Ideas

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,350
Administrator
edited 11:22AM October 19, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hey Maplers! As many of you may recall, we sent out a survey to see what types of future UGC Weapon Template designs you all would like. We're here to share the results of the survey!

OLGso47.jpg

As you can see, the Top 4 most desired templates are the Priest, Wizard, Berserker, and Heavy Gunner!

Our Developer Studio is very open to creating new template styles for Maplers to design with. Based on these results, we would like your suggestions and ideas on how the Priest, Wizard, Berserker, and Heavy Gunner's weapon templates should look like.

Reply to this thread with concepts and sketches!
We also encourage fellow Maplers to "Like" their favorite ideas posted!

This thread will be closed by end of next Wednesday, October 24th @ 11:59 PM.
We have a very talented and creative community, and we can't wait to see what you come up with! :-)
TamieShawnyyHallangreJeanKirschsteinSooeinySeasiderCubeNoobMinJunSproutiTummyand 19 others.

Comments

• ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,110
    edited 11:38AM October 19, 2018
    Welp as always it’s screw you thief players. Man for once I wish this damn game did something for us thief players.... if only the tables were turned we had our day at the top.....why the hell does no one ever do anything for us thief players? They might as well just take the damn class out the game if they not gonna do anything to make it better.

In terms of suggestions. If they plan on having them ready by December I recommend doing something theme based for that time so Christmas snow related. Possibly a snow blower looking template for heavy gunner or something along those lines and maybe even a huge candy cane for zerker. For priest and wizard I’m not too sure. Maybe some Christmas ornament based templates in which people can then make their own designs to which adds to creativity I guess. Could also double as a Christmas template design event for who makes the best weapon skins or something for Christmas.
    BizusupermikyTummyFuntømNoxxus
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,180
    edited 11:50AM October 19, 2018
    @Shawnyy: this was a community vote. You can't blame Nexon for something the community asked for. If the community's lowest preference for a template redesign was the dagger, then it would be pretty bad if Nexon just ignored us and focused on the dagger instead of the eight other options that everyone collectively considered more important. As an archer main, I would love a cool new bow template, but I also recognized that the bow is one of the best templates we've got right now, and the scepter, staff, and cannon were my votes.

I've heard people complain about thieves, but I have never heard anyone complain about the dagger template. It feels, to me, like you're picking the wrong fight against the wrong thing.

EDIT: But to get back on topic, I'm really surprised the blade was voted as high as it was. I considered the blade to be possibly the best template. The top four are all definitely the most important, and I was expecting to see a clear divide between the top four and the bottom five, but it looks closer than I imagined it would be. I wonder how many people just voted for their own class' weapon instead of considering which template actually needed an overhaul.
    NXACuddlesBrancliffSooeinyDopeJinAnhyuEpicStingmewberiPoofcatSproutiTummyand 33 others.
  • BizuBizu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,595
    edited 11:50AM October 19, 2018
    Hahahaha Greatswords at #3.

At least Priest and Wizards are getting something better than box-on-a-stick.

Can we have a poll on UGC thieves next
    ArgetlamVixieSmellyMellyArchixAshieEXEHeartdonorpaulonn
  • AVioletGamer8AVioletGamer8
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    as a priest main, I feel the love.
    ArgetlamNibboSyrusMarufujiIdeghalliaNoxxusLincuxeAshieEXE
  • ElzaYuukiElzaYuuki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460
    I don't get what he has with Thief... You can make lots of good UGC with Thief template
    ArgetlamFoxBoxMintyliciousAshieEXE
  • AnhyuAnhyu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    magical girl scepter templates please :D stars/hearts/wings etc anything instead of a cube qqq
    SproutiLouvainLa3elleArgetlamSooSooKerriadangoSyrusMarufujiElaoriUmiSonodaFancutiebotand 16 others.
  • supermikysupermiky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,940
    Maple Guide
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    Welp as always it’s screw you thief players. Man for once I wish this damn game did something for us thief players.... if only the tables were turned we had our day at the top.....why the hell does no one ever do anything for us thief players? They might as well just take the damn class out the game if they not gonna do anything to make it better.

In terms of suggestions. If they plan on having them ready by December I recommend doing something theme based for that time so Christmas snow related. Possibly a snow blower looking template for heavy gunner or something along those lines and maybe even a huge candy cane for zerker. For priest and wizard I’m not too sure. Maybe some Christmas ornament based templates in which people can then make their own designs to which adds to creativity I guess. Could also double as a Christmas template design event for who makes the best weapon skins or something for Christmas.

While I do get what Yoshi said, I do agree with you. It just feels like the thief players are overshadowed.
  • HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,585
    I think a few stereotypical greatsword bodies couldn't hurt... I didn't put more time into them since they're just concepts for blank slates.

k2iInTh.png
    mewberiThanaturgistAngelicaxoxoSproutitorimisuMissLlamanessYasunokunArgetlampeacheryVixieand 14 others.
  • SeasiderSeasider
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,375
    edited 3:55AM October 20, 2018
    Yaay! As a HG main I'm so happy it made top 4!! ♥ I Really hope whatever we get is much more lightweight and sleek looking, as many cannons in the game just look like a solid hunk of metal or some other material.

Here's my idea for a Cannon! I was inspired by the look of sniper rifles and gatling guns (I'd swipe hard for anything resembling a sniper rifle..!) I tried to create the majority of the design from cylinders and cuboids to bring down the complexity. I think, if possible, it would look really cool if the lens of the scope had a texture on it similar to how the lights on the car/motorcycle templates look. So it would sheen at different angles.
    wPSI7hT.png
    I'm not at all experienced with drawing guns or 3D modelling so I hope it came out alright! As for priest/wizard, I'd kill for anything with a bow on it or something really magical girl looking. Maybe with floating/levitating parts in its design?
    ArgetlamYoYoFigaroFigaroSephySamaPoofcatTheCinderJTIGNoxxusZintackDuniaMatchaParfaitoand 3 others.
  • NekkoalaNekkoala
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
    Greatswords instead of cannons shows the downside of a community vote.
    Would like to see more armor templates next.
  • mewberimewberi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,635
    so glad the two classes that needed it most got voted top!
    looking forward to seeing the new templates once they hit the shelves
    SproutiArgetlamcyuubii
  • TummyTummy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    I'm surprised Runeblade got so much votes, I personally love the Runeblade design the most out of all the other sword/dagger designs. I do wish the Knight's sword and Thief daggers were a bit more skinnier than they currently are right now. I also wish there was a visible guard between the blade and the handle.

However, the top 3 votes just looks like blocks on sticks, they need a new design the most.
    Argetlam
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,110
    im not knocking any of the templates or the community choice. I 100% respect the vote and the vote outcome. HOWEVER that being said, my point is that I don't like how thief is always overshadowed. literally always. you cannot tell me a single scenario in which thief is put as a priority in terms of issues to be solved because frankly no one in the position to do anything about it cares. So to that I say you might as well just take the class out the game if that's the case. the CM and GM both says "oh its being worked on" ok that's fine but we have yet to hear anything official from the producers in terms of it being worked on. they updated us on things going into effect all the way in December YET we cant even get a single inkling of whats gonna happen with these so called "thief buffs/ discussions in the works". so that only leads me to believe 2 things. 1. they will never do a single thing about it. or 2. they know and they just don't give a damn frankly and that's ok. however if you don't give a damn just remove the class all together.

and I also gave my imput on possible templates so its not like im hating on their other classes or nothing but being a thief main its just disappointing and very unfortunate that a whole section of the player base is shunned into exile by the rest of the game and the developers and producers for that matter. its just sad tbh and very unfortunate.
    Zemial
  • PoofcatPoofcat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,950
    edited 12:49PM October 19, 2018
    If major changes to shape are permitted I think that would free up a lot of options especially for Priest codexes!

dZ7m3dJ.png

La3elleMissLlamanessYasunokunArgetlamAxisCariseipeacheryKuroefvElaoricutiebotand 22 others.
  • LouvainLouvain
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,660
    I think things like spheres, hexagons, and circles for the staff head instead of, well, a giant block, would be really nice. Same thing for the scepters.

A circular object or a sphere for codex could be pretty neat too, if you wanted to go that route.
    ArgetlamKerriadangopeacheryTheCinder
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,475
    edited 10:29PM October 19, 2018
    Here are a couple ideas for each class, and usually the simplest interpretations of these the better.

Wizard - Scythe. Naginata, basically the runebladers blade, but with a hilt, on the end of a long pole. Pole with a ball. Pole with U shaped crescent and floating/spinning ball in the center.

Priest - Stick with ball. Dagger. Ice cream pop. .... And for Codex: Thin book/magazine. Bowl with a slight dome inside to make icecream/spaghetti/cereal/etc. Sphere. Flat disk. Doughnut.

Berserker - European greatsword. Naginata/katana. Scythe. Halberd. Pole with 3-4 spheres, like Japanese dango.

Heavy Gunner - Tube. Boombox/stereo. Banana?
    NekkoalaElaori
  • HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,585
    I'd suggest to the modelers that complex shapes be allowed.
    ArgetlampeacherySeasider
  • YasunokunYasunokun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,370
    ./cries

I am so happy I will be able to have more than just a giant cube now as a priest.
    ArgetlamLuniiJTIGpeacherymaddoggyzDanteYoda
  • torimisutorimisu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,245
    Hey just wondering, what is the target poly count for models when making template shapes? Is there any sort of limit you guys aim for? I understand complex shapes might not be achievable in some cases (and people can certainly get creative with what they're given).
    peachery
  • Ene6Ene6
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    Heavy gunner 2 guns instead of just one
    driedmangoeJTIGQtz