Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

CHANGE PRIEST VOICES (BOTH MALE AND FEMALE) BACK!!

PastaPasta
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,130
edited 7:27PM November 3, 2018 in Priest
The new voices are too deep. Out of all the female character voices, the old Female Priest was my favorite!! Who asked to change this!!? Can we get an option to choose our voices when playing priest? Am I the only one that likes the old priest voices better than the new ones?

Edit: I had an extra copy of the gms2 cbt voices laying around. Feel free to use it if you want to play with the original priest voice.

Download Link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dqwhtth2t608wfv/AAAUb7TpzuJKN0PhfcXRFp5na?dl=1

Folder Path: Nexon>Library>Maplestory2>appdata>Data>sound

Rename the downloaded folder to sound (You should also backup your current sound folder)
SkynSeaDarbiiRueIseikiLa3elleAinzGhouLNekoLilyemperor52Solarisxp
  1. PETITION TO CHANGE PRIEST VOICES BACK TO ORIGINAL!!67 votes
    1. YES!! CHANGE IT BACK!!
       72% (48 votes)
    2. nah...
       28% (19 votes)

Comments

• ZanfyrZanfyr
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630
    Agree it simply does not match the character.
    SkynSeaLa3elle
  • GhostipuffsGhostipuffs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    My friends and I are all very deeply upset and put off by the new unenthusiastic, bored sounding voices of the priests. They used to be so enthusiastic and fun to play, which is the reason we chose them in the first place. We wish they would be changed back!
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Lol they should of covered priest voice in the twitch stream questions, people seem outraged by the new voices D:. I found the female voice for priest in CBT2 was, like has been said, matching to the char. There were a few lines that sounded kind of iffy but the majority were nice.
  • FaevirFaevir
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Female priest voice sounds really depressed now. Not to mention she sounds lifeless. I can't speak for myself about the male voice since I only played female. But it seems both parties are displeased with this sudden change. It makes no sense? The female priest voice was so cute before.

Please change back D:
  • DuniaDunia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 880
    Her voice was perfect emotional before. We have to make a topic inside the feedback section.
  • BazzazBazzaz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    I like their voices, very neutral and calm. Fits the theme.
    ShadowKyoyaZyphiraOneConfusedMilletianGintonicLunami
  • IseikiIseiki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    It would be awesome to have the old voice back
  • ShadowKyoyaShadowKyoya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 440
    keep the voices, its fine :) or at least give multiple voices for each class
    JirachuYêuLunamiActualChabby
  • JirachuJirachu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    keep the voices, its fine :) or at least give multiple voices for each class

This would cater to a wider audience. Many mmos allow you to select different pitches for voices. Letting us choose one of many voices for each class would allow even more character customization.
    YêuRestinChinPiece
  • VerrosVerros
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,615
    What even is this thread? The priest 'voices' were fine but the lines and execution didn't match the game (or games in general) at all. The current priest voices are quite excellent in my opinion: I am thoroughly impressed by the new direction and presentation we have been given. The current voices really feel like they fit a game and less like they are out of a movie or tv drama. If the voices weren't changed, I wouldn't be playing priest right now; the old voices were unbearable to have enabled while playing the game.
    GintonicLunami
  • ElyxthaxzusElyxthaxzus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    I never played a priest with the "Old" voice, so can't say if it's better, but I'd take just about anything over the new one. Out of all the classes I play (currently leveling them all), the priest sounds the weirdest with their battle responses...almost creepy. Other classes growl, snarl, yell...my priest goes "ooOOoo". I can't tell if shes fighting the minions of darkness or enjoying her favorite boy band magazine in her room. just feels weird. give me a Holy Holler for justice please.

outside of that the other comments aren't bad, except the farming one. it's just meh.
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    I can't tell if shes fighting the minions of darkness or enjoying her favorite boy band magazine in her room.

You do realize some of us do both at the same time, right?

Does anyone have a link to the old voices? I've only ever heard the new voices myself.
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    edited 10:42AM November 1, 2018
    Does anyone have a link to the old voices? I've only ever heard the new voices myself.

Never mind, found it:

The first-exposure bias is strong here - I think I like the new voices better.
  • KumeiKumei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    I like the male priest voice. It fits my character well.
  • ZenislavZenislav
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    GOD NO! At the moment it is only male class that does not sound like 13 year old and I love his normal or to some deeper voice.
  • Akuma_no_TsubasaAkuma_no_Tsubasa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 910
    edited 1:41PM November 2, 2018
    I just started playing a female priest and the voice really does not fit into the game. She sounds way too deep. A voice similar to the wizard would fit much more.
  • TamieTamie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,460
    edited 5:08AM November 16, 2018
    I do wish we had the option to choose which voice to use and not be stuck with the same.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,490
    Don't let this sink in! Let them know we still want it changed!