May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

World Chat 30 merets?

Mochachino0Mochachino0
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,165
in General Chat
Does world chat really cost 30 merets, I thought once we make it to level 50 we were able to chat free.

Comments

• PDFSPDFS
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Yes, it does cost 30. It keeps the spam away (hahaha).
  • JazipcJazipc
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,500
    Let's first talk about the fact that it costs merits to send a message via world chat :/
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,730
    so? its one. to keep people from spamming, 2nd its a great way for for them to earn money. 3rd its only 0.3$. so if you dont like it dont use it. simple as that
    KewkkyParanoidCleric
  • FriagneFriagne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    Can you not understand how chaotic chat would be on an mmo if there were a world chat included every channel in every zone? It needs to be paid.
  • Mochachino0Mochachino0
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,165
    FeverJaws wrote: »
    so? its one. to keep people from spamming, 2nd its a great way for for them to earn money. 3rd its only 0.3$. so if you dont like it dont use it. simple as that

I asked without any ill intensions or shadyness. So, is Maplestory and that is the cup of the day - daily -- like the rewards.

Second - I am a meret buyer. Really! Not imaginary.

Third - I love buying all I want with Merets. I CAN DO IT. No stress and easy...

If the game is trying to prevent spam -- I have reported so many Meso Seller Spam - They keep coming. Clearly the Chat vouchers must be remove or taken away because something is not working.

• PinkFoxxyPinkFoxxy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,090
    it would be better if there were daily quests that gave like 10 world chat vouchers per day, instead of charging for each chat. id rather that, than pay 3$ for each chat
  • LuciannLuciann
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 920
    FeverJaws wrote: »

I asked without any ill intensions or shadyness. So, is Maplestory and that is the cup of the day - daily -- like the rewards.

Second - I am a meret buyer. Really! Not imaginary.

Third - I love buying all I want with Merets. I CAN DO IT. No stress and easy...

If the game is trying to prevent spam -- I have reported so many Meso Seller Spam - They keep coming. Clearly the Chat vouchers must be remove or taken away because something is not working.

If world chat was free the spam would be significantly worse. Obviously the gold sellers will spend money because there is a market for mesos. If they get banned they can charge back.