Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

Big Props To Nexon For Standing Up Against SJWs

ZarozianZarozian
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,520
in General Chat

Finally a game where we can be ourselves without others hating on us for our ideologies. ;>
DragonicWolf

Comments

• GretaGreta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,080
    What the hell? LOL.
  • PizzaBearPizzaBear
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,795
    Ideologies are the last thing this game should have.
    CariseiRoyton
  • ZarozianZarozian
    PizzaBear wrote: »
    Ideologies are the last thing this game should have.

You're right. We either have all of it or none of it.
  • Techn0mancerTechn0mancer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    LoL Last night there was a "debate" in which this LGBTinsertrandomletterhere guild was recruiting in world chat. This one random guy simply said something to the effect of "Wait a minute. Gay rights activists fight for inclusion and inclusiveness, and the first thing you think of when you get into a new game is to segregate and exclude people because of their sexual preference?" And the world chat lost it's mind. It was hilarious!

Another "normie" said "I'm straight and white. Does that mean I can't join?" and they basically tore the dude up in world chat, with all that progressive nonsense. I seriously couldn't stop laughing last night from reading their responses. I'm highly pro gay rights, but seeing people "do it wrong" by excluding people and making sexual preference a requirement to join a guild is cringy and counterproductive, just like that hit piece you linked above about store items. I wouldn't be caught dead in a maga hat, but a giant portion of the UGC shop is rainbows and "Gaymer" merchandise, so why shouldn't the other side be represented as well?

If the game is really tailored to children, then why would it be okay to actively recruit children into a guild in which the only qualifying factor is a question about those children's sexuality? Can't have it both ways folks. Either it's a game for kids and you need to terminate all that sexually suggestive gay pride content, or it's a game for everyone and everyone should be represented. Take your pick.

Well played Nexon. Take a page from Steam another company that's stood up to the SJW nonsense. Get woke and go broke pretty well sums up the SJW agenda so far. It's a bad corporate policy. Just ask EA. EA done got woke and look what's happened to their dumpster fire releases lately, most notably battlefield V.
    YuforiaZarozianCariseiArkivesMiguelx
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Lol yes because this game is totally "for the kids".
    Kram
  • BazzazBazzaz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    Nikynoonoo wrote: »

Feels like it 90% of the time though.
    Greta
  • ZarozianZarozian
    LoL Last night there was a "debate" in which this LGBTinsertrandomletterhere guild was recruiting in world chat. This one random guy simply said something to the effect of "Wait a minute. Gay rights activists fight for inclusion and inclusiveness, and the first thing you think of when you get into a new game is to segregate and exclude people because of their sexual preference?" And the world chat lost it's mind. It was hilarious!

Another "normie" said "I'm straight and white. Does that mean I can't join?" and they basically tore the dude up in world chat, with all that progressive nonsense. I seriously couldn't stop laughing last night from reading their responses. I'm highly pro gay rights, but seeing people "do it wrong" by excluding people and making sexual preference a requirement to join a guild is cringy and counterproductive, just like that hit piece you linked above about store items. I wouldn't be caught dead in a maga hat, but a giant portion of the UGC shop is rainbows and "Gaymer" merchandise, so why shouldn't the other side be represented as well?

If the game is really tailored to children, then why would it be okay to actively recruit children into a guild in which the only qualifying factor is a question about those children's sexuality? Can't have it both ways folks. Either it's a game for kids and you need to terminate all that sexually suggestive gay pride content, or it's a game for everyone and everyone should be represented. Take your pick.

Well played Nexon. Take a page from Steam another company that's stood up to the SJW nonsense. Get woke and go broke pretty well sums up the SJW agenda so far. It's a bad corporate policy. Just ask EA. EA done got woke and look what's happened to their dumpster fire releases lately, most notably battlefield V.

I'm with yah there bud.

While I am not white (I'm Asian), I really feel like this whole movement from the left has been pretty backwards, all this is doing is creating more new enemies against them in the future by antagonizing the people they are supposed to be trying to win over and it will all just be a vicious cycle of hate.

We either include all the Alt-right memes and the LBGT stuff or we take all of it out. I would prefer to have it all in the game without anyone obstructing the others from their fun and freedom of expression. ;>
    Techn0mancer
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    edited 3:12PM October 18, 2018
    Bazzaz wrote: »

How many kid games do you see that have girls in bunny outfits?

• ZarozianZarozian

All of them and they don't really care.

I caught my niece reading Dungeon Seeker on her own on manganelo and boy was I surprised. I questioned her on why the hell she was reading it and she was embarrassed but she did state the plot was really good despite the scenes being pretty graphic and she understood pretty much everything that was going on. That's when I remembered how when I was a kid, I was already kind of sharper and smarter and understood a lot of things that went on, but pretended to be ignorant since most adults around me at the time didn't want me finding out about this stuff.

Cause I realized that kids these days are a lot smarter than the previous generations, them viewing stuff like this or that don't really affect them psychologically, cause they are all basically doing the same stuff and viewing the same exact stuff we did when we were around their age, so I'm like what the heck am I gonna do? Embarrass her by telling her parents and family which may result in her getting some pretty severe social anxiety from the humiliation of being exposed, lose her trust in me and have trust issues in the future, for snitching on her instead of relating to her and just giving her, her privacy to read what she wants so long as she doesn't do some crazy af crap in the future.

We're not snowflakes and neither are they. Think of the children in Japan who get exposed to this stuff consistently in their anime and daily lives and yet they turn out spectacular. So much so that their population is declining. What is there to really be afraid of? Why is there so much fear in American society and culture?
    Greta
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    edited 3:47PM October 18, 2018
    Zarozian wrote: »

I caught my niece reading Dungeon Seeker on her own on manganelo and boy was I surprised. I questioned her on why the hell she was reading it and she was embarrassed but she did state the plot was really good despite the scenes being pretty graphic and she understood pretty much everything that was going on. That's when I remembered how when I was a kid, I was already kind of sharper and smarter and understood a lot of things that went on, but pretended to be ignorant since most adults around me at the time didn't want me finding out about this stuff.

Cause I realized that kids these days are a lot smarter than the previous generations, them viewing stuff like this or that don't really affect them psychologically, cause they are all basically doing the same stuff and viewing the same exact stuff we did when we were around their age, so I'm like what the heck am I gonna do? Embarrass her by telling her parents and family which may result in her getting some pretty severe social anxiety from the humiliation of being exposed, lose her trust in me and have trust issues in the future, for snitching on her instead of relating to her and just giving her, her privacy to read what she wants so long as she doesn't do some crazy af crap in the future.

We're not snowflakes and neither are they. Think of the children in Japan who get exposed to this stuff consistently in their anime and daily lives and yet they turn out spectacular. So much so that their population is declining. What is there to really be afraid of? Why is there so much fear in American society and culture?

Oh I don't have a problem with that, but acting like all these things are for the kids is just being dishonest. I'm pretty sure the extremely sexual nature of the NPCs was for well the anime crowd and not the kid friendly ones either just look at Ophelia. I don't think that little of the kids believe me I know what I was doing at that age, but the addition of these things was not to attract kids it was to attract the adult crowd and the teenagers. I think you and I have a different age when we think of kids.

Edit: Out of curiosity what's the meaning behind your name?

Zarozian
  • PringifiedPringified
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 455
    edited 12:20AM October 19, 2018
    I saw that. [redacted]

Anti-minority = diversive and prejudiced

Anti-majority = aFfIrmAtIvE aCtIoN

What's logic?

It's too bad I have a preference for games that tend to attract these people.
    Zarozian
  • ZarozianZarozian

Oh I don't have a problem with that, but acting like all these things are for the kids is just being dishonest. I'm pretty sure the extremely sexual nature of the NPCs was for well the anime crowd and not the kid friendly ones either just look at Ophelia. I don't think that little of the kids believe me I know what I was doing at that age, but the addition of these things was not to attract kids it was to attract the adult crowd and the teenagers. I think you and I have a different age when we think of kids.

Zar like Czar and that means King, Zian like Xian which can mean immortals or Gods. Czar of Xians, King of Gods, Zarozian.

Or you could tie me in with Zaros from Runescape like everyone else, since he's also a pretty darn good god who follows the real life philosophy of Taoism.
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo

Zar like Czar and that means King, Zian like Xian which can mean immortals or Gods. Czar of Xians, King of Gods, Zarozian.

Or you could tie me in with Zaros from Runescape like everyone else, since he's also a pretty darn good god who follows the real life philosophy of Taoism.

There it is you zarosians are evil with no morals you need saradomin in your life.
    Zarozian
  • MissVanjieMissVanjie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,535
    edited 7:20PM October 18, 2018
    Can't have it both ways folks. Either it's a game for kids and you need to terminate all that sexually suggestive gay pride content, or it's a game for everyone and everyone should be represented. Take your pick.

okkk... hold up wait a minute let me put my 2 cents in it...
    how is A PRIDE FLAG sexually suggestive?
    I wouldn't be caught dead in a maga hat, but a giant portion of the UGC shop is rainbows and "Gaymer" merchandise, so why shouldn't the other side be represented as well?

Theres a difference though, not to bring politics into this... but to bring politics into this, us gays are literally doing our own thing, minding our own business. The rainbow flag symbolizes pride in being gay. After years of oppression, getting kicked out of our houses, getting bullied, being told that WE are demons in form of humans, that flag is the thing that lifts of up.
    On the other hand.... M.A.G.A hats symbolize trump, and everything he has ever said and done since he popped up out of nowhere, all the homophobia, all the racism ect. and to make matters worse, the people in game and out of game that wear these hats are even more reckless most of the time
    See the difference?
    but seeing people "do it wrong" by excluding people and making sexual preference a requirement to join a guild is cringy and counterproductive

just like how you can be kicked from non-LGBT inclusive guilds just for being gay?
    dont try to make us the bad guys for making our own solutions to problems when YALL are the problem..

everyone should be represented.

so the
    ahago (however tf u spell it)
    in the marketplace doesnt represent yall?? xD
    IdeghalliaAlilatias
  • ZarozianZarozian
    MissVanjie wrote: »
    Can't have it both ways folks. Either it's a game for kids and you need to terminate all that sexually suggestive gay pride content, or it's a game for everyone and everyone should be represented. Take your pick.

okkk... hold up wait a minute let me put my 2 cents in it...
    how is A PRIDE FLAG sexually suggestive?
    I wouldn't be caught dead in a maga hat, but a giant portion of the UGC shop is rainbows and "Gaymer" merchandise, so why shouldn't the other side be represented as well?

Theres a difference though, not to bring politics into this... but to bring politics into this, us gays are literally doing our own thing, minding our own business. The rainbow flag symbolizes pride in being gay. After years of oppression, getting kicked out of our houses, getting bullied, being told that WE are demons in form of humans, that flag is the thing that lifts of up.
    On the other hand.... M.A.G.A hats symbolize trump, and everything he has ever said and done since he popped up out of nowhere, all the homophobia, all the racism ect. and to make matters worse, the people in game and out of game that wear these hats are even more reckless most of the time
    See the difference?
    but seeing people "do it wrong" by excluding people and making sexual preference a requirement to join a guild is cringy and counterproductive

just like how you can be kicked from non-LGBT inclusive guilds just for being gay?
    dont try to make us the bad guys for making our own solutions to problems when YALL are the problem..

everyone should be represented.

so the
    ahago (however tf u spell it)
    in the marketplace doesnt represent yall?? xD

The ahegao bothers no one. MAGA bothers no one. Trumps and mentions of him shouldn't be bothering anyone.

I'd say the Pride Flag is no different from the Confederate flag, it may mean something, but it's just a symbol that's not really hurting anyone or bothering them, so I see no reason to censor any of it or remove it from the game.

If you haven't noticed yet, there's only conflict when one side once to obstruct the other. = w=
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    Being gay isn't representative of a political or religious ideology and, now this may shock you, all rainbows aren't symbols of gay pride.
    Rainbows are also a natural phenomenon and as a result, aren't subject to copyright unless you directly stole the image of a rainbow from another source.
    Unlike, say, MAGA hats, or directly copy pasted MSpaint memes like Pepe or Wojak. Or a picture of Donald Trump.

If you were to create original parodies of these things, I'm sure that they wouldn't get removed from the store. But as it stands they violate the UGC agreement you accept twice when creating UGC items, in that you cannot upload other people's work, real world trademarks or images of other people's faces or any politically motivated materials. It's all there in plain English. It isn't Nexon's fault if you can't read or simply think the rules don't apply to you.
    IdeghalliaIritokiAlilatias
  • ArkivesArkives
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670

you should see the Kotaku article... hilarious.
    Zarozian
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405

Many guilds have requirements ranging from gear score to level to trophy count even to age. Why is this really any different? A guild is meant to be a haven filled with people you feel comfortable with, people you can rely on and connect to, FREE of judgement. Lot of LGBT folks feel safe around other LGBT folk. There is no harm in there being an LGBT exclusive guild considering the history of abuse that community has endured. I think you're reaching a little bit with this being counterproductive as a lot of people don't really give a damn if there's an LGBT only guild. I'm so glad you found the chat hilarious because one of the people who was defending this guild in the world chat received numerous hate-filled whispers. They were even further harassed by one individual who said something along the lines of "you're disgusting for being an LGBT sympathizer". You and many like you who laugh at them for the simplest of things such as wanting a guild they feel good in are part of the reason they MAKE these types of guilds.

Gay pride does not equal sex. What it means is they are proud of how far their community has come and proud to be who they are and there's more to gay people than just sex. It doesn't hurt anyone but the "MAGA" symbol and who it stands for has hurt many. Many people agree with this person's policies but they hate his personality and the hateful rhetoric he spouts. A man who encourages violence, who cheats on his wives, who calls people names, who mocks a disabled reporter and someone who suffered sexual assault, a man who calls dictators "good people". You REALLY don't see the difference? :/ Believe it or not, there are LGBT members on the right too...
    PinkFoxxy
  • IdeghalliaIdeghallia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,405
    edited 8:10PM October 18, 2018

The ahegao bothers no one. MAGA bothers no one. Trumps and mentions of him shouldn't be bothering anyone.

I'd say the Pride Flag is no different from the Confederate flag, it may mean something, but it's just a symbol that's not really hurting anyone or bothering them, so I see no reason to censor any of it or remove it from the game.

If you haven't noticed yet, there's only conflict when one side once to obstruct the other. = w=

Ahegao does bother people because that is directly from hentai and plenty of people would rather not see that nonsense in their game. MAGA bothers MANY people, I have no idea what you're smoking to suggest otherwise and the same can be said for Trump seeing as "MAGA" is his symbol...

• ZarozianZarozian
    Ideghallia wrote: »

Ahegao does bother people because that is directly from hentai and plenty of people would rather not see that nonsense in their game. MAGA bothers MANY people, I have no idea what you're smoking to suggest otherwise and the same can be said for Trump seeing as "MAGA" is his symbol...

It's not like they are looking at hentai or some form of pornography, but just a cartoon drawing of a face meant to be humorous. Maybe you have a problem with it but a majority of people actually don't care and don't mind it at all.

MAGA bothers no one except for those who have some sort of mental illness. If it does bother people, then it must bother people as much as PRIDE bothers people or as much as how SJWs infringing their intersectionality on others.

But to the common folk, it's all really just nonsense and in truth none of it bothers anyone, it's just a bunch of people who throw a tantrum when they see something that they don't like cause it doesn't agree with whatever agenda they are trying to push for, while forcing their own in people's faces whether they like it or not. It's just pure hypocrisy.

Look bottom line is that it's better to just allow everything. Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, no matter how chaotic it may be, remember having tolerance? If you are going to be tolerant, it means you're gonna have to be tolerant of all things. For most people MAGA simply means "Make America Great Again", it's a positive message but people will attach negative meanings to whatever symbols as they please. Kind of like how the Swastika was originally a Hindu symbol for good luck, but then WW2 happens and it suddenly means something else entirely.

Tell me how a majority of people can agree with something like this^

So far the left has been pushing stuff that's been going to opposite direction as to what they are supposed to be against, you basically see the same thing, with people focusing too much on ethnicity and sexuality, going as far as categorizing them into some sort of rankings with straight white males at the bottom.

Then we have Affirmative Action which has been hurting my fellow Asians.

It's not fair that we have to work 4 times harder than everyone else just to get in. This is how we ended up with a bunch of unqualified people in places like Yale, Harvard, and Princeton, all for the sake of what? Diversity? Weren't we to judge folks by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin?

Do you not realize these things? =/

Nikynoonoo
This discussion has been closed.