Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Make costumes tradable? Please?

Comments

• MaiyunMaiyun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    edited 12:40AM October 18, 2018
    Miguelx wrote: »
    Maiyun wrote: »
    milktea wrote: »
    I totally get that spending money on MS2 isn't a priority but I'm sure you can probably scrap up $20 for a super cute costume that you want.

I can promise you I personally can't. And I can promise you there's many others who can't either. That likely have the free time but not the money to back it up. On top of that, do you actually think someone can get the witch outfit for only $20? lol not likely. My friend spent over 60 on it and just barely got it.

The fact that he almost got it with 60 is a blessing, and it's really not difficult to earn 20$ especially if you're preaching you have a lot of free time, so you're honestly being lazy. I've been making money since I was 12 and my little brother has been making money since he was 8.

well im so glad you think making money is so very easy. I've got free time yes, but making money for me is quite difficult. I can promise you I do not sit on my butt all day and do nothing. I'm not about to go into my life details just to prove my point, but it's quite rude truth be told to assume things of me given you have NO idea what my life is like, where I live, what my situation is, or anything of that sort.

I mean I'd truly love to know how exactly I can apparently make $20 bucks so easily, seeing as two people have said this now and yet gave NO examples of how to. lol.
  • MaiyunMaiyun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    Maiyun wrote: »
    I totally get that spending money on MS2 isn't a priority but I'm sure you can probably scrap up $20 for a super cute costume that you want.

I can promise you I personally can't. And I can promise you there's many others who can't either. That likely have the free time but not the money to back it up. On top of that, do you actually think someone can get the witch outfit for only $20? lol not likely. My friend spent over 60 on it and just barely got it.

I'm not referring to the premium witch outfit for $20. If we're going by that logic have you even played ffxiv, tera, etc recently? Because the other posts suggested that you had no idea you can't actually trade in game gil in FF14 for cash shop costumes. TERA dyeables aka the premium ones can cost up to the equivalent of $100 of you selling EMP:gold on broker.

no probably wasnt the best example using ffxiv. it has been some time but tera is a great example of things working well. I'm not sure if you can really compare the dyable versions of the outfits in tera to the style crate witch outfit for example only because thats....really the only specialty outfits they have right now. lol. everything else they have in the item mall seems to be outfit pieces that you can get at the start of the game when you make your character. that doesn't exactly feel special sadly. tho because that's the case kinda annoying to compare. but that doesn't really change how I feel.
  • MS2IntroductionMS2Introduction
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440
    Hard nope from me.

Allowing trade-able cosmetics ingame for mesos will make the game very easily pay2win. What's to stop me from buying outfits just to sell them for mesos? I'd literally be converting my money into mesos, which I can use to gear up, enchant, etc. ridiculously faster than a F2P player. That is P2W, and that idea can screw right off.

If you can't afford, then you can't afford it. That's all it is. If you can't find or job or make money because of your living situation, that's just tough luck. It sucks, but life isn't fair. You deal with the hand you've been dealt. If you really want something that badly, save up. I'm sure you can manage to save a few bucks at least a few bucks every month. If you can't manage that, then I'm sorry you're stuck in that situation but there isn't a convenient solution that won't hurt the game.
    KorishiEleryaAbsolutelyNotFeifeiDu
  • HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,585
    This situation isn't as binary as your poll would imply.

They've made costumes untradeable as a company economic choice. Don't construe this as me supporting the practice, but this business model exists to keep a company running a free game on it's legs. This is a problem with freemos since the beginning, and unfortunately as a company they can't afford to be too generous. The three issues with making outfits tradeable are the following:

1. Meso is relatively easy to make even for a casual player. This would devalue the desire to purchase crates and cosmetics on average, and even moreso with hardcore players who are resource-conscious.

2. These outfits become so insanely expensive that trying to purchase them would be a more titanic undertaking than buying epic gear.

3. Circulation of these items becomes so common that their value goes down and a new system of cosmetic distribution will be put into play. This would promise any number of anti-customer collector bait.

You can't punctuate your post in a forum with a 'boilerplate' text body that says "I appreciate your concern but in all honesty I'm beyond convincing otherwise, so please vote so I can answer people that lean more into my camp." This situation isn't that simple, you either tread more logical threads with the current model they're offering and progress with it via more reasonable feedback or invite more predatory developments via bidding on radical adjustments.
    Elerya
  • PeepPeep
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,030
    The main problem with selling outfits is it gives people a way to convert money into meso legit. Which is essentially p2w. Since they want to steer clear of that I'd advise against this. They've already made drastic improvements to the style crates and you can now get what you want far easier than before.
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Hard nope from me.

Allowing trade-able cosmetics ingame for mesos will make the game very easily pay2win. What's to stop me from buying outfits just to sell them for mesos? I'd literally be converting my money into mesos, which I can use to gear up, enchant, etc. ridiculously faster than a F2P player. That is P2W, and that idea can screw right off.

If you can't afford, then you can't afford it. That's all it is. If you can't find or job or make money because of your living situation, that's just tough luck. It sucks, but life isn't fair. You deal with the hand you've been dealt. If you really want something that badly, save up. I'm sure you can manage to save a few bucks at least a few bucks every month. If you can't manage that, then I'm sorry you're stuck in that situation but there isn't a convenient solution that won't hurt the game.

I hate to burst this bubble but this game is already P2W what exactly do you call the fishing vouchers? Not even just those but all the vouchers or even mounts you pay to get an advantage over somebody who doesn't pay that's P2W. You can get rare equips from fishing so being able to buy something that makes it easier to get fishing mastery is P2W.

We also have to address the other elephant in the room the fact that you're paying 50-70$ for what is essentially a skin. We going to pretend that's reasonable? That costs more than what my utilities and internet bill cost for the month I have seen you post about how you bought these boxes do you honestly believe that is an acceptable price for a skin? $20 is extreme, but 50-70? Even if you do have the money you have to consider the ethics behind supporting a terrible practice.
    Maiyun
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Hard nope from me.

Cant agree more with you =.=" she just want everything free basically ...
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Nikynoonoo wrote: »
    Hard nope from me.

I hate to burst this bubble but this game is already P2W what exactly do you call the fishing vouchers? Not even just those but all the vouchers or even mounts you pay to get an advantage over somebody who doesn't pay that's P2W. You can get rare equips from fishing so being able to buy something that makes it easier to get fishing mastery is P2W.

We also have to address the other elephant in the room the fact that you're paying 50-70$ for what is essentially a skin. We going to pretend that's reasonable? That costs more than what my utilities and internet bill cost for the month I have seen you post about how you bought these boxes do you honestly believe that is an acceptable price for a skin? $20 is extreme, but 50-70? Even if you do have the money you have to consider the ethics behind supporting a terrible practice.

Im sorry to burst your bubble cuz there is nothing in fishing other than some potions and exp... like your whole point is based on a false statement. bye.
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    Nikynoonoo wrote: »
    Hard nope from me.

Im sorry to burst your bubble cuz there is nothing in fishing other than some potions and exp... like your whole point is based on a false statement. bye.

This isn't true at all golden fish exist.
    Maiyun