During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• BloodbornBloodborn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    Dragawn wrote: »
    I've almost literally tried everything so far, asides from moving to windows 8.1.

- FRESH windows 10 install, as suggested by the troubleshooting in this thread, only maple installed asides from discord, drivers and chrome
    - run as admin, with and without windows 8 compatibility
    - No firewall
    - turned off windows game bar
    - Tried both steam and nexon launchers for the game (run as admin doesnt work on steam for with controller)
    - Turned off fast startup
    - Did the powercfg thingy
    - DHCP refreshes daily, so that cant cause two dc's within 2 minutes from each
    Dragawn wrote: »
    I've almost literally tried everything so far, asides from moving to windows 8.1.

- FRESH windows 10 install, as suggested by the troubleshooting in this thread, only maple installed asides from discord, drivers and chrome
    - Run as admin, with and without windows 8 compatibility
    - No firewall
    - Turned off windows game bar
    - Tried both steam and nexon launchers for the game (run as admin doesnt work on steam for with controller)
    - Turned off fast startup
    - Did the powercfg thingy
    - DHCP refreshes daily, so that cant cause two dc's within 2-3 minutes from eachother, did the flush anyways.
    - LAN connection
    - Automatic time update
    - Repaired game files
    - Turned antivirus completely off
    - Turned Vsync and HDR off
    - Sacrificed a virgin
    - Danced with a dragon

I brought my desktop over to a friend who also plays Maplestory 2 with no disconnects.
    Had no disconnects either, so it does seem to be an internet/ISP related issue, where Maple does run better on some ISPs than others, even though my internet looks like this:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/7722612588

yep It probably has to do something with The Servers not liking certain ISPs.
    I tested it out with using WTFast and I never got dcd with the "GPN/VPN". Which means it is them not liking some of us. Because Speedwise and connectionwise there is no difference, they just seem to be using other ports to get a better line or something.
    Either way, WTFast works for me as of right now... I hope they will fix it so I don't have to pay for the service just to play Maple Story
  • midnightmayonakamidnightmayonaka
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    I also get this error pretty heavily, while my wifi is on the weaker side where I am, just wanted to let it be known that it's also very, very annoying on my side.
  • StarryLittleStarryLittle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 735
    jFray wrote: »
    I'm just getting pounded with 10053 as soon as 8 PM EST came today. I can't even stay logged in for more then 10 seconds.

Checked my Ping and my internet and they are flawless. I feel like the ping spikes come from Nexon's side if anything.

depend on the time and channel , when i log in at 2 am its fine , but 6 to 10 pm PST or weekend
    crash alot
  • StarryLittleStarryLittle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 735
    i am using comcast , i never had this problem in other games ,
    i also try my friend DSL ,
    and my work internet ,
    SAME BEEP
  • MadjoOMadjoO
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    edited 10:38AM October 17, 2018
    10053 ijust can't take it anymore in morning times im playing fine ! when im coming from work at night times its keep DC over and over again !! 10053 every min or less !! my internet connection is fine ! Playing WoW,league of legends,all this games work without one single DC !!
    bout Maple 2 this game is makes me going crazy ! i just cant take it anymore !!

DC every 2 min and YES i did all the things that i cud to made this game run!! LIKE; Administrator mode , played with DHCP settings ! Restarted my Firewall,Time out of sync.! deleted all nexon folders and files and reinstall the game and launcher !
    its something in your GAME code u did something that Ruin my experience and anthers its not our connection issue cause all the anther games work JUST F***** FINE ! only Maple is scrambling ! so Nexon get your staff together and find solution to this dam problem open more servers ! if needed !
  • Tsukasa_HiiragiTsukasa_Hiiragi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    Its gotten alot worse for me over the past 3 days, but I'm thinking this error 10053 is a mixture between server and ISP. I'm on comcast and since the weekend I've noticed quite a few outages, and some packet loss too so I'm blaming a few of those errors on my ISP, but not all of those errors can be blamed on them.

It seems like this game requires a 100% steady connection at all times, even a very brief connection loss or packet loss can trigger the error meaning that something needs to be fixed on the developers end, especially considering dungeons like Fire Dragon and with the new Chaos Raids coming soon....any DCS will mean we're wasting the time and effort of our friends.

The developer really should have put measures in place for people who get DCs to rejoin the party - this is a no-brainer.
  • zicozico
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 605
    i keep on crashing every few mins i enter the game and it's really had to play the game if i keep crashing >.<
  • midnightmayonakamidnightmayonaka
    So I tried doing maple spin and spent 10 coins doing so, I got the disconnect during it, and it still took all 10 coins. I can't tell if it gave me the items after though?
  • KelKel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 405
    Several runs down the drain today..*sigh*
  • ApexboyApexboy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
  • ApexboyApexboy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    yup every 2 mins.. error 10053
  • cevatcevat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    FIX THIS ISSUE, ITS ON YOUR END NOT THE END USERS END. BYE
  • Preet5Preet5
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    edited 6:43AM October 18, 2018
    All you have to do is to download WTFast program which you can find on goggle.
    Only problem is that it work for several days and then you have to pay for it. (You can make new account to get free access again).
    I hope that nexon will fix that error on today maintenance but WTFast works 100%, give it a shot :)
  • SpagSpag
    Ok so I've been dealing with this 10053 issue since I downloaded the game, it is really un-playable and kicked me out every 2 minutes... after searching online and finding nothing i did a simple thing that has worked 100% for me, the only thing is from my experience until now is that its needed to be done daily...
    Solution that worked for me: unplug your wifi router and plug it back in lol simple as that, after doing it I managed to stay online for like 8 hours without even 1 time being kicked... today i got the error again in the morning but after unplugging and re-plugging my wifi router it has gone again and until now im online for like 3-4 hours without dc...
    w
  • ingStefaningStefan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    Playing on Wi-Fi will increase your chance of getting the 10053 Error apparently.
    Avoid playing on Wi-Fi at any cost.
  • LeoujiLeouji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    I uninstalled the game then deleted anything that had to do with the game (My computer and etc folders) then re-installed the game, went from it kicking me off every like 15~30 seconds to not kicking me off at all, Might be worth a shot just re-installing. Also playing on Wi-fi.
    Willerm
  • Preet5Preet5
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    ingStefan wrote: »
    Playing on Wi-Fi will increase your chance of getting the 10053 Error apparently.
    Leouji wrote: »
    I uninstalled the game then deleted anything that had to do with the game (My computer and etc folders) then re-installed the game, went from it kicking me off every like 15~30 seconds to not kicking me off at all, Might be worth a shot just re-installing. Also playing on Wi-fi.

try my solution, it works 100%.
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/40242/error-10053-temp-solution-work
  • thdthd
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    This error happens to me once every.... i dont know....5 hrs... 8 hrs...12 hrs... or at least once or twice a day... dont know why... my internet connection is always stable and i dont use wifi at all...Its the server... not me..
  • SpagSpag
    ingStefan wrote: »

thats not true, if you have a good internet it shouldnt be a problem.. i always play on wifi never had any issues.
  • GawertyGawerty
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    My methodology for fixing the 10053 error was extreme, but it definitely did the job. I uninstalled windows 10 which was an upgrade from windows 7 originally several years ago and then reinstalled windows 10 from a windows 10 usb drive. I haven't had the 10053 error once since then in 2 days, and I can only play on WiFi.