Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

What skills should I be specing into?

CookiesyayCookiesyay
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,855
edited 4:05PM May 10, 2018 in Wizard
Not sure where I should be putting my skill points into does anyone know a strong build?

Or what skills take top priority

Comments

• MatarareMatarare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,940
    edited 12:29PM May 13, 2018
    Im looking everywhere as well try to found the best build or what skill to upgrade

From what i could get, fire is the strongest element, then Ice, Thunder kinda sucks and waste a lot of Mana

But i'm not sure yet, im gonna keep reserching
  • iPabiPab
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    You should take your time learning how to play a wizard. There are two builds that people are liking so far.

Fire/Ice Build:
    This builds has no points in Lightning or Party/Self Buffs. My recommendation with this build is to max Flame Wave and Ice Spear. Learn how to animation cancel Ice Spear by walking forward and pressing (not holding) your Ice Spear button. Make sure you keep Fire DoT up at all times. The rest of the points should go into your Fire/Ice preference. If you have a lot of % Elemental Damage from your items, then pick the one that's strongest respectively. IMO % Elemental Increase is so good!

Lightning Build:
    Max Chain Lightning, Max Magic Claws, and Party Buffs. I only use this build for the lulz. It's really fun pairing it up with the Extreme Item Set that gives a total of 8 seconds of 'No Spirit Consumption'. However, since this is Closed Beta this build will probably be 'meh' once the cap is raised to 65 and other equipment becomes available.

To close, I think my equipment leads me to my choice of skill build. Remember that each raid will be different, so maybe a Fire/Lightning or an Ice/Lightning (Kappa) will be better!
  • JiggedyJamJiggedyJam
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    Fire/Lightning is also pretty hilarious, flame wave and tornado with electric spear is pleasing to the eyes
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    Here is the current endgame meta. Since fire is meta till later on this is the build with the most damage output.
    avfvCUx
    PixelPantsu
  • ElyxthaxzusElyxthaxzus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Read Bear_Tek's guide on this forum. It goes into detail the math and why the flame wave build is the current meta, and it also covers Macro setup to maximize your DPS.
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,590
    Thanks for pointing out Bear_Tek's guide! It really helps.