Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Are there any end-game builds for wizards?

RedvannRedvann
MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
in Wizard
^

Comments

• XxViBeXxViBe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,305
    edited 8:40AM July 21, 2018
    Just experiment thats what I do
    This is what I use and it works pretty well :P Dont know if its the best though
    DagePEd.png
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    You should be maxing flame wave since it's the best dps.
  • GGAINGGAIN
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    HoIy wrote: »
    You should be maxing flame wave since it's the best dps.
    are there any actual stats rates yet? I've noticed the crit chance for the electric stuff seems to hit more often meaning it actually might be more even than people think..
  • PabPab
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    The electric stuff is nice in theory but you need to move often against bosses, you won't be able to make as much damage & it's really spirit consuming. In contrary flame wave + phantom claw ( in a macro setting) + the flame tornado when the cooldown is down will do the most damage.
    AlexFromCali
  • SnoopFroggSnoopFrogg
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    Is it safe to assume to use all of you AP points on intelligence?
  • SmashSenpaiSmashSenpai
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,420
    SnoopFrogg wrote: »
    If you don't have enough max hp to survive the dungeon you're doing, you should max out your hp. Eventually, when you get full epic+legendary gear, your def+hp will be high enough to survive without points in hp. Only then do you move points to int. But while leveling, more int is fine. Raising Critical Rate raises your attack at a slightly better rate, but then your damage range also gets wider. I prefer consistency over random high damage, so I get int.
    La3elleSherri
  • JoXXJoXX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    XxViBe wrote: »
    Just experiment thats what I do
    This is what I use and it works pretty well :P Dont know if its the best though
    DagePEd.png

this is horrible.. MAX everything flame, max phantom claw, mac matgic armor and put points into last elemanetl dmg passive
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    edited 8:01PM October 16, 2018
    Here is your current endgame meta for wizards in PvE.
    https://imgur.com/a/avfvCUx - Can't load the photo without it not loading for some reason here on the forums. So there is the link to the photo.

avfvCUx
    midnightmayonakaSherri
  • JoXXJoXX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    Here is your current endgame meta for wizards in PvE.
    https://imgur.com/a/avfvCUx - Can't load the photo without it not loading for some reason here on the forums. So there is the link to the photo.

avfvCUx

THIS^^^
  • AzarlithAzarlith
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 460
    Use the flame build and focus seal build and if you have a double wizard party, you can swap out the focus seal tree for the ice storm level 10 tree to maximise dps output
  • ikkou8704ikkou8704
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    I've been using a fire/lightning build and realized I played this build too much I can't switch it now. It feels wrong if I switch it lmao
    Heartdonor
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    Azarlith wrote: »
    Use the flame build and focus seal build and if you have a double wizard party, you can swap out the focus seal tree for the ice storm level 10 tree to maximise dps output

Great.. so those who have only one skill tree are screwed? I don't want to spend $9.90 (990) for an extra skill tab :l
  • ZeroshiraZeroshira
    See, you can roll in many way but my fav atm is SUPER crit build for bosses.

By using the surefire Crit 3 combo attack with a decent amout of attackspeed you can simply put all your extra attributes to CritDmg or Piercing and all attribute points into Int for a massive crit every 3rd attack. Combine this with Flamewave & Flametornado every now and then (especially when there's mobs) and you'll be a crucial part in any hard dungeon ^^

Feel free to critique, but this one feels the best for me atm
  • QueensQueens
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Sherri wrote: »
    Azarlith wrote: »

Great.. so those who have only one skill tree are screwed? I don't want to spend $9.90 (990) for an extra skill tab :l

Just reset your skills, it's free...it only takes you like a few seconds to put everything back into place.
  • luxeluxe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 725
    Zeroshira wrote: »
    See, you can roll in many way but my fav atm is SUPER crit build for bosses.

By using the surefire Crit 3 combo attack with a decent amout of attackspeed you can simply put all your extra attributes to CritDmg or Piercing and all attribute points into Int for a massive crit every 3rd attack. Combine this with Flamewave & Flametornado every now and then (especially when there's mobs) and you'll be a crucial part in any hard dungeon ^^

Feel free to critique, but this one feels the best for me atm

What's this surefire Crit 3 combo? Can you share your skill build and stats? Have you run your build in Chaos Raids? I've been wanting to try a Crit based build but can't afford to restart all my gear and would love to see yours if you don't mind sharing
  • ZeroshiraZeroshira
    edited 8:24PM November 24, 2018
    @luxe

bP1EQrI.png

Instead of running with phantomclaw, I run with Manaclaw since every 3rd attack is a free crit, combine this with a flame core build and it's the fastest way I've found to clear harddungeons personally. BaseStats all on int (since you don't need the CC) and attributes all of Crit Dmg (pref) / Piercing. Combine it with flamewave/tornado for clearing mobs, but for singletarget the dmg packs a punch :)

For this I use "Ancient Rune Staff" for the attack speed (nice to have a bit to make it smoother) , but any wep would work.

If you ask others they will say "nooo go full piercing" due to the ATK increase but I prefer this.

(PS. you will have to get used to spirit management, but since you're often dodging attacks that gives it time to recharge)

Hope this helped somewhat ^^