Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

"State of the Game Week 1" by Jungsoo Lee

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
MapleStory 2 Rep: 69,405
Administrator
edited 1:27PM October 16, 2018 in Team Blogs
Dear Maplers,

We had a fantastic first week thanks to our great MapleStory 2 community. MapleStory 2 was ranked the #6 title on Steam during North America peak hours, with an even larger community forming on Nexon Launcher. The game was generally stable, aside from a few server issues during the weekend which increased latency on the North America East server, but the team here acted quickly to resolve the issues.

We saw the community grow in Europe, Oceania and South America. Oceania actually surprised us with a huge population, which required us to look into adding more channels! North America also showed growth every day and has consistently been the most packed.

While we have been seeing great success with the Official Launch, the team here has worked hard to get a few bigger items sorted out with our developers. I would like to use this chance to share what kind of changes we are planning to make.

Style Crate

We further reviewed the design of the Style Crate and after looking at posts on Reddit, the Official Forums and the Steam Community, we decided to make some additional improvements. The team has identified two main issues:
  1. Set items in the Style Crate which aren't in the shop require too much investment to complete
  2. Selection in the Premium Shop is too limited, due to the fact that most items only exist in the Style Crate

Because our intention is not to force players to purchase Style Crates, and MapleStory 2 is very unique with its visuals and customization, we will be taking the actions below:
  1. All outfits that Dismantle for one Style Coin will now also be sold in the Premium Shop. The price will be higher than regular vanity items in the current shop, but you will be able to Dismantle these items for Style Coins.
    1. When we remove items from the Style Crate, we will also remove those items from the Premium Shop, and add a new batch of items based on the current items in the Style Crate.
  2. All outfit items that Dismantle for 3 Style Coins and Style Crate Weapon Boxes that Dismantle for 2 Style Coins will now also be added to the Style Coin Shop
    1. Above items in the Style Coin Shop can be Dismantled for 2 or 3 Style Coins
    2. Coin pricing will include the value of items after Dismantling (2 or 3 Style Coins)

The end result of these changes will be that every item within the Style Crates can now be obtained without relying on the roll of the dice. This change will be applied with the October 18th Halloween update. The team here and at the Development Studio have been working day and night to make these changes, to ensure we are providing the best service possible.

For Players Who Purchased Existing Style Crates

To show our appreciation towards players who purchased Style Crates before the October 18th update, we are going to grant one Style Coin for every 5 Style Crates purchases in the past. Since we are going to update the Style Coin Shop regularly, you can use both your existing and newly obtained Style Coins to purchase items in the future.
  • For players who bought 1 - 4 Style Crates: No Coin
  • For players who bought 5 - 9 Style Crates: 1 Coin
  • For players who bought 10 - 14 Style Crates: 2 Coins
  • For players who bought 100 - 104 Style Crates: 20 Coins and so on

PvP Update

This has been a hot topic since the first Closed Beta, and we have been discussing this with the MapleStory 2 studio. I am happy to provide some high-level updates in regards to the direction we are going to pursue.

Bottom line: we will be updating PvP gear and reactivating PvP in early December.

The current version of the game has a completely different balance, and we agreed to work on releasing the PvP arena with an improved PvP gear system in early December.

Please stay tuned for more updates around the 3rd or 4th week of November.

Workshop Template

We have been seeing a large number of requests from players wanting to see a greater variety of weapon templates.

Working on new weapon templates takes a significant amount of time, but the MapleStory 2 studio wants to work on new templates that players want. We will work towards releasing a different variety of weapon templates one by one, and we hope to get your feedback on which templates have the greatest demand.

Please participate in the poll here!

After the survey, we will work with the studio to provide more information on any new weapon templates.

Upcoming Halloween Update

We released a short teaser yesterday on Twitter, and we have some more info to showcase today.

This year's Halloween content was actually developed for the global version of the service! Although Korea and China will be getting the same events at around the same time, the MapleStory 2 studio made a special effort to create new, limited time content specifically catered towards our community!

Please spread the word about these events, and jump in to collect exclusive, adorable looking Halloween perks this weekend! Lots of really cool things will be provided as event rewards for you to earn, as well as some limited time packages full of spooky items!

Other Issues

The team here is working day and night to review and monitor all the feedback from players. Please understand that we cannot leave replies on all the postings from the community, but you can assume we are reading most of the feedback you are providing the community and social channels.

We are taking care of high priority items, and we will eventually get to some of the topics we haven't mentioned yet. As a company, we can only discuss things which are confirmed, to prevent miscommunication and evolving designs from creating confusion. We appreciate all of your feedback and insights, and we will work hard to make the best decisions for the future of MapleStory 2.

A few things I would like to share for visibility purposes:
  • Dungeon Cap Discussion: We are going to make an official announcement on upcoming changes to the Dungeon Cap this Friday or next Monday. The plan is to share Friday, but depending on the situation after the Halloween update, this might be delayed. Our target date to apply the changes is early November at the moment.
  • Game Launch Errors: We have seen three different types of errors players are going through: stuck at Nexon logo screen, game freezing at the MapleStory 2 logo with loading bar getting frozen, and the game not responding after clicking "Play" on Steam. We are deploying a potential fix for the freezing at MapleStory 2 logo screen issue. We will work towards fixes for all the technical issues soon.
  • 10053 Disconnection Issue: The MapleStory 2 studio is working on the solution for this. We don't have an ETA yet, but we will try to get this fix in place ASAP. Once we have more news, will provide updates.
  • Meso Sellers & Bots: We are rolling out new measures to ban meso sellers and bots from the game every day. Meanwhile, please make sure to stay away from purchasing mesos from these sellers. Based on the Terms of Service, you can get banned from the game if you engage in the trade. We have learned how sellers are transferring mesos to the buyers and we will be taking more aggressive measures. So far, we have banned over 6,000 farmer accounts, and we will continue to fight back against meso sellers.
  • Fairfight: This is still being discussed, and we don't have any information we can share with you yet. Since this has been one of the biggest topics, I am mentioning this to let you know that we have heard what players are saying. We're still working on this issue, but there is some good news: the upcoming Chaos Raids won't have Fairfight applied.

Thank you for being an awesome community, and making the Official Launch so successful. We will continue to work on the game with the community and our developers, to find what's best for MapleStory 2 long-term.

Sincerely,
Jungsoo Lee
WrothSmellyMellymmviiBanana BreadWillermShawnyyDandaTheAngryBadgerMintyliciousJetUppercutand 19 others.

Comments

• ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    edited 1:30PM October 16, 2018
    still no mention of thief yet we hear "its being looked at". and based on what jungsoo lee said in this post then its not actually confirmed that its being looked at or he would have mentioned it.
    GuardianRS
  • SmellyMellySmellyMelly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 890
    Thank you for listening to your community!!!!!!!
    ShawnyySilentCrowMintyliciousKie
  • WrothWroth
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    Loving this game more and more. Your efforts are being appreciated.
    SmellyMellyLeonneoSilentCrowWaramestusaderdrizztelKie
  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    edited 1:40PM October 16, 2018
    Dungeon Cap:
    Thanks for listening. My friends and guild member that have reached level 50 have all complained at least once about this. The more active members don't really play after their dailies anymore (including dungeon cap,) which was very discouraging to see.

Fair Fight:
    It's great to see you've been active in participation of player feedback! Fair fight of world bosses should not be removed, could be changed but never removed. Fair fight in normal dungeons should be changed. Players are punished for leveling 50-60.
    mmviiLeonneoSilentCrowstusaderKieDrClawAngelicaxoxo
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,485
    I just hope the prices are good on the common style crate items added to the premium shop... From their own calculations of $3 boxes giving 1.65 coins average, that means 1 coin = $1.81... That would make the 5-piece outfits like the Seraphim set cost ~$10 which is in-line with KMS and the betas, but I have a sinking feeling they're going to be way more expensive for no reason... :c

Really anything is better than the $200-1000+ you have to spend now because of the untradeable random drops, but still, lets be reasonable, this still is a very pay2win game after all. -.-
    CariseiSeasiderstusader
  • CubeNoobCubeNoob
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 3:07PM October 16, 2018
    I honestly don't know what's gonna happen when you unlock dungeon caps and if that's actually the change, so are reward tracks gonna be removed then and we go grind for our lives to death. I mean there are alternatives that I know people who are playing making alts and enjoying the content as is...

Also, given that I am an active player and know of a few friends who make alts are actually playing the game after hitting the cap. I feel as there's more reward from reward tracks instead of sticking on 1 character and grinding endlessly 24 hours and be bored with the content having no sense of reward track.

As they say, too much of anything is a bad thing, so if you wanna cater to those who play the game and drain their life into it and forget the rest of us here.

Forget to mention that the game may as well get stale after a week or two of endless grind and people won't run dungeons anymore because there's no fun in it afterwards. You guys also have cap 2x raids in Vindictus, so why isn't there an unlimited dungeon run there?

But the plus side, if you up the limit as an alternative, it wouldn't be a bad idea. My friend proposed 10 a day and so that'd lead to at least 7x a week, I'm not here to say I don't support the fact that people don't have enough to do or don't feel satisfied enough under this current limit but whatever makes both sides meet because unlocking this will end up going boring really fast.

But overall aside from the dungeon cap, the rest of the content is nice and we're glad to hear you're making changes for the better.
    Xtonydrizztel
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    CLC wrote: »
    Dungeon Cap:
    Thanks for listening. My friends and guild member that have reached level 50 have all complained at least once about this. The more active members don't really play after their dailies anymore (including dungeon cap,) which was very discouraging to see.

Fair Fight:
    It's great to see you've been active in participation of player feedback! Fair fight of world bosses should not be removed, could be changed but never removed. Fair fight in normal dungeons should be changed. Players are punished for leveling 50-60.

These were the ones that were really good to see for me too. Can't wait to see the dungeon changes to the cap.
    CLCLeonneoSilentCrowRaphaelOneal
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    Glad to see the communities concerns being looked into.

Really hope that normal dungeons get their daily limit removed while raids and hard dungeons keep to the daily/weekly limit.

As for the meso sellers/botters glad to see the drop in them lately. Still find a few in Lith Harbor just yelling out in local. But, overall great work there.
    CariseiSilentCrowRaphaelOnealstusader
  • CLCCLC
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375

Really hope that normal dungeons get their daily limit removed while raids and hard dungeons keep to the daily/weekly limit.

As for the meso sellers/botters glad to see the drop in them lately. Still find a few in Lith Harbor just yelling out in local. But, overall great work there.
    Curious to why you wish to remove the normal dungeon limit, but to keep the hard dungeon limit?
  • UllUll
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 4:01PM October 16, 2018
    Will 1 style coin items be added to the style coin shop? Not doing so forces people who were looking for those specific items and already bought 50+ style crates (eg. all of 4chan vg thread for maplestory 2 trying to get the cat ears, a 1 coin item) will be forced to again buy more merets instead of being able to use the style coins they already have.......

No reason not to add packages of the 1 style items if you want to increase the price so theyre sold for more than 1 coin in the style shop

inb4 ban, already got warned by forum mod mark for being too active in the effort to improve style crates :)

edit: also adding final results from the poll I conducted

Are the loot boxes (style crates) in Maplestory 2 better or worse than those found in other games98 votes
    Better, but I haven't bought any
    4% (4 votes)
    Worse, but I haven't bought any
    34% (33 votes)
    Better, and I've bought a few (30$/10 boxes or so)
    5% (5 votes)
    Worse, and I've bought a few (30$/10 boxes or so)
    30% (29 votes)
    Better, and I've bought a lot (120$/40 boxes or more)
    6% (6 votes)
    Worse, and I've bought a lot (120$/40 boxes or more)
    21% (21 votes)

will conduct another next month :)

thanks jungsoo, first coming forward in response to broken hair rng and publishing the uneven rates, and now improving style crates.
    CariseiScarlystusader
  • SmellyMellySmellyMelly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 890
    CLC wrote: »

Curious to why you wish to remove the normal dungeon limit, but to keep the hard dungeon limit?

My thoughts on the matter are, removing the normal dungeon daily/weekly limit would allow people to run lower level content at level cap in order to get the hats/wings etc., which I am skipping because I will not give up my chance for epics in order to get a hat that gives no stats. If they remove the normal cap then I imagine 60s will want to run the normal dungeons for these items and once the rush of low level characters is slows down, there will still be queue pops. Normal dungeons don't have a guaranteed epic drop like the hard mode dungeons, so people won't be left at 60 with a full set of perfect gear because the bonus stats are random which creates an incentive to keep running, but since it's a lower chance for the epic drops, they won't be decked out super quickly.

Currently, people are forced to create an account full of alts in order to have more chances at epic gear in order to stay relevant and to have a chance at increasing GS.

Keeping the hard dungeon daily/weekly limit seems acceptable as you are guaranteed an epic for the run. Again, keep in mind that bonus stats are random so people will keep running.

If more people are capable of farming for their own epics then hopefully the cost of epics being sold will lower and the economy will be friendlier to new players who want to experience content.

If the RNG gods smile upon you and bestow epics then you can run hard mode dungeons. If they do not, then you instead need to farm Mesos in order to buy them from people who are capable of running said hard mode dungeons. The people who have gotten lucky and have epics are now selling the hard mode runs. The rich get richer and the poor get gated.
    RaphaelOnealCubeNoob
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,315
    edited 4:17PM October 16, 2018
    I've noticed that the White Gear Mannequin and Common Grade Assistants usually bought for Mesos on the KR version are missing.
    Are there any updates on when they might return?
    (Currently the White Gear Mannequin is a get it or miss it forever on Interior Design Rank.)
    CariseiUllSeasider
  • dapurplesharpiedapurplesharpie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 720
    People actually listening to concerns is nice.
    I feel good about the money I've spent so far. :)
    Mintylicious
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    NXACuddles wrote: »

Because our intention is not to force players to purchase Style Crates

This is the funniest thing I've ever read.
    Great joke, 10/10.
    Darkpixie99Carisei
  • SpecksSpecks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    I love to see this type of response! thank you very much for hearing our concerns and responding to them. it feels great to know we are heard :)
    congrats on week 1 of maplestory 2!

the changes for the style crate seem to have great potential so I hope this helps improve things for everyone interested in style items. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes go live~
    SmellyMelly
  • buenoobuenoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 315
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    I just hope the price
  • buenoobuenoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 315
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    I just hope the prices are good on the common style crate items added to the premium shop... From their own calculations of $3 boxes giving 1.65 coins average, that means 1 coin = $1.81... That would make the 5-piece outfits like the Seraphim set cost ~$10 which is in-line with KMS and the betas, but I have a sinking feeling they're going to be way more expensive for no reason... :c

Really anything is better than the $200-1000+ you have to spend now because of the untradeable random drops, but still, lets be reasonable, this still is a very pay2win game after all. -.-

i don't know if i understood your post wrong, but you are saying that the game is p2w??? can't tell if you are trolling or not
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905
    Thank you for this! Can you also look into Dark Crescent rewards?
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    edited 7:34PM October 16, 2018
    Thank you for listening to your community!!!!!!!

Like truly, we thank you for listening to us because we all are here for the same thing. We all want the best for the game. I personally want my new home.
    Willerm
  • Alavien1Alavien1
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    my neko ears... @@ <3