Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• ReagonSaintPierreReagonSaintPierre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    I had a little experiment yesterday, apparantly my personal disconnection issues were solved when using my Mobile Hotspot this will only be really effective if you have unlimited data tho. If you have access to unlimited data, give it a shot.
  • Assassin386Assassin386
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450

i installed this and estarted do i need to leave the program open
  • AerieanaAerieana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    i installed this and estarted do i need to leave the program open
    You only need to run/install it the once, not leave it open. Their FAQ suggests you then reboot your PC after that too.
  • DragawnDragawn
    edited 11:20AM October 16, 2018
    I've almost literally tried everything so far, asides from moving to windows 8.1.

- FRESH windows 10 install, as suggested by the troubleshooting in this thread, only maple installed asides from discord, drivers and chrome
    - run as admin, with and without windows 8 compatibility
    - No firewall
    - turned off windows game bar
    - Tried both steam and nexon launchers for the game (run as admin doesnt work on steam for with controller)
    - Turned off fast startup
    - Did the powercfg thingy
    - DHCP refreshes daily, so that cant cause two dc's within 2 minutes from each
    Dragawn wrote: »
    I've almost literally tried everything so far, asides from moving to windows 8.1.

- FRESH windows 10 install, as suggested by the troubleshooting in this thread, only maple installed asides from discord, drivers and chrome
    - Run as admin, with and without windows 8 compatibility
    - No firewall
    - Turned off windows game bar
    - Tried both steam and nexon launchers for the game (run as admin doesnt work on steam for with controller)
    - Turned off fast startup
    - Did the powercfg thingy
    - DHCP refreshes daily, so that cant cause two dc's within 2-3 minutes from eachother, did the flush anyways.
    - LAN connection
    - Automatic time update
    - Repaired game files
    - Turned antivirus completely off
    - Turned Vsync and HDR off
    - Sacrificed a virgin
    - Danced with a dragon

I brought my desktop over to a friend who also plays Maplestory 2 with no disconnects.
    Had no disconnects either, so it does seem to be an internet/ISP related issue, where Maple does run better on some ISPs than others, even though my internet looks like this:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/7722612588
  • Assassin386Assassin386
    tryed it 2 hours ago dc ill try it again
  • SpagSpag
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 665
    I know there is a mega thread about it but I must ask, is this ever going to be solved? I've seen threads about this issue since It was closed beta... I get dc every 5 minute it is un playable.
  • Assassin386Assassin386
  • KozartuKozartu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    kinda works. i get dced around 30 mins compared to 15 mins before I tried this. Long enough to run hard dungeons lol.
  • SojakeSojake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Didn't work sadly
  • DXSinsDXSins
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    Only fix i have found is have nothing else using my internet connection.

If anything else is running like a youtube video or another device like watching a movie on my tv... it will keeping dc'ing me.

Strangely if your in your home ingame, the game will not really DC if you have anything else using your connection. Really makes me scratch my head if this is something the developers have actually programmed into the game...
  • jFrayjFray
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    I'm just getting pounded with 10053 as soon as 8 PM EST came today. I can't even stay logged in for more then 10 seconds.

Checked my Ping and my internet and they are flawless. I feel like the ping spikes come from Nexon's side if anything.
  • SojakeSojake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Same with mine.
  • WinfieldWinfield
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
  • KoalaKoala
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 710
  • KoalaKoala
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 710
    its a problem on their end if the problem happens to multiple people
  • SpagSpag
    DXSins wrote: »
    Only fix i have found is have nothing else using my internet connection.

If anything else is running like a youtube video or another device like watching a movie on my tv... it will keeping dc'ing me.

Strangely if your in your home ingame, the game will not really DC if you have anything else using your connection. Really makes me scratch my head if this is something the developers have actually programmed into the game...

Well I've also thought about it at first but then I've disconnected all other devices from my Wifi and closed everything and I still get dc.... it is really weird because yesterday night i finally cud play like 2 hours without dc... today i loged back in and same thing all over again with this stupid error... i dc every 10 sec

• SpagSpag
    same.... good job nexon with launching week -_-
  • SpagSpag
    This is ridiculous, I've found threads about this problem on the internet since May... it is clearly a Nexon's problem and not our problem, they better be fixing it soon...
  • AerieanaAerieana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    edited 3:07AM October 17, 2018
    Koala wrote: »
    its a problem on their end if the problem happens to multiple people

I know that, and also said so in the OP. But apparently this problem started months ago, Nexon is being pretty damn slow about fixing it so users are just left to do what they can, and some fixes people have found work for some but not everyone. It's a Nexon issue and so a 100% working fix would really only come from them.

This fix worked for me so I thought I'd share, because it's extremely frustrating to be booted from the game every 5 minutes.
  • GahnoGahno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380