May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

jesus christ, nexon disable priests! pls!

trinity777trinity777
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
Posts: 86
Member
in General Chat
they are either really bad at supporting that rarely heals or they are a bot.

this game needs an in-game captcha system and a tighter security these bots they are currently teleporting frequently how does your security not detect this is beyond me....

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SALTY AF
Gintonic

Comments

  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Posts: 188
    Member
    I mean you can go priestless on fights and be fine, maybe you should stop standing in the fire.
    TopPriestParanoidClericMorningRegretBebopSeimore1skanderKhalykGTRiNsanetensaimagiWicca411
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    Posts: 115
    Member
    Been super bummed and stressed out about hitting hard dungeons due to this mentality.
    I'm a priest who tries really really hard to prioritize my party members. I pay attention to everyones health. I also drop aoes, and try and throw in some dps when it's safe to do so.
    Sucks that due primarily to bots people are going as far as kicking us from parties so we don't even have an opportunity to run.
    People be missing out on one of the good priests over here. :/
    IdeghalliaTseneParanoidClericmewberiRaphaelOnealGintonic1skanderIritokiGTRiNsaneNaffyand 5 others.
  • CryoGXCryoGX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    Posts: 38
    Member
    edited 9:12AM October 16, 2018
    There's a lot of measures they took this time around to mitigate botting as much as possible, but just as programmers are taking as many measures to ensure the security of their product, there are just as capable hackers out there using their knowledge to exploit weaknesses. It's not just a matter of Nexon being "bad" in that regard; dudes are constantly attacking the server looking for vulnerabilities as we type.

    Additionally, no one legit and apt to do the content deserves to be kicked outright imo (except thief), nor should an entire class be disabled because of bot salt (ruins the fun even more since they have to be a minority); if bots are a concern and you still want to run with priests, at least try communicating with the priest first before making the critical assumption and kicking them. Note that I'm not saying "don't kick bad players", rather "Don't take out your frustration on players that don't deserve it".

    My post's a little bit of a tangent but stuff like this is slippery slopes into the classism I've seen in other games; I'd rather people not end up becoming toxic to legit dudes over cheaters and situations like these (unless they're theives).
    ParanoidClericValros
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    Posts: 115
    Member
    edited 9:34AM October 16, 2018
    My two favorite classes get suuu much haaaaate. ;3;
    SyrusMarufujiIritoki
  • LilSlaveryLilSlavery
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    Posts: 18
    Member
    As a priest main, shut up and dont stand in the the attacks.
    tensaimagiSpiralofvertigoPizzaBearMira_Lana
  • FriagneFriagne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    Posts: 42
    Member
    You have healing items and the game is designed to be done without a Priest at all. Just because you have a Priest in your party it doesn't mean they have to babysit you so you never have to use potions. They need to contribute damage as well.
  • HosuHosu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,655
    Posts: 161
    Member
    Wait people are arbitrarily kicking Priests? Why?

    You can easily tell who's a priest bot and who isn't. For example:

    Healdump
    Angelkitty
    Vvsvsvahhsbsgsh
    Literallythepope

    Which one of these could be a bot? Hmm...
    TseneParanoidClericmewberiBebopSyrusMarufujiAlilatias1skanderNikynoonooIritokiniconutelaand 6 others.
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    Posts: 115
    Member
    edited 10:56AM October 16, 2018
    That's what I've read anyways, that priests and thiefs pretty much get auto kicked at the harder dungeons.
    Thankfully it's not something I've yet experienced because I play with the bf, and ordinarily either he or I are party leader. I've also yet to jump into hard dungeons due to gs.
    Just sucks that these are my two favorite classes, and I'm gonna have issues when I start dungeon grinding for my gear. ;3;

    Edit:
    Also yes, it is very obvious due to name and actions who is a bot and who is not. If the party leader would give it just a few minutes they'd be able to easily figure that out and kick appropriately.
    Tsenemewberi
  • TseneTsene
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,485
    Posts: 256
    Member
    Well there's a huge difference between a player underperforming and the bots who barely do anything to begin with obvious bot names most of the time. There's no point in disabling the class because of bots.
    mewberi
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Posts: 511
    Member
    edited 12:06PM October 16, 2018
    I don't think Nexon wants to be known as a violent anti-religion gang.

    Disabling priests... Get some help, friend.


    Also, I haven't seen priests getting kicked on the hard dungeon PUGs I've been a part of just for being priests, nor have I seen bots in any hard dungeon PUGs. Maybe this happens in the regular dungeons?
    mewberi
  • WishfulWishful
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,750
    Posts: 88
    Member
    Join a guild. Run with guildmates donezo
  • BebopBebop
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,610
    Posts: 56
    Member
    Hosu wrote: »
    Wait people are arbitrarily kicking Priests? Why?

    You can easily tell who's a priest bot and who isn't. For example:

    Healdump
    Angelkitty
    Vvsvsvahhsbsgsh
    Literallythepope

    Which one of these could be a bot? Hmm...

    Literallythepope I'M CRYING lolol.
  • 1skander1skander
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,835
    Posts: 58
    Member
    I haven't encountered any of this auto kicking priest stuff O.o. My main priest hasn't had this, at least, but then again I leveled and geared with a group. Haven't encountered it much on my alt priest either tho.
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,500
    Posts: 128
    Member
    I play primary dps but have just leveled a priest up to 50 to help guildies and while I completely agree about the bot problem, the other problem is dps literally go braindead when they see a priest in the party. They literally figure since their are heals they can stand undergeared in every boss mechanic and just gonna hold one button and afk dps.
    NaosKitsuru
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905
    Posts: 129
    Member
    I'm a priest and when I see people like you, I stop healing on purpose.
    NaosSpiralofvertigoLädernunnanMira_LanaKitsuru
  • HyperDreamerHyperDreamer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 840
    Posts: 31
    Member
    Ya know what I have not had that ,many priests in dungeons with me but when they are im like yey! Maplestory two doesnt using the typical MMORPG Match Making system, DPS TANK HEALER, like 99.9% of the others out there. When you're level 50 tame a pet set a pot for it and there, YOU HAVE YOUR PERSONAL HEALER! BUY POTS! always buy your pots and keep them from quests! don't just sell them! From what i ahve seen, the bosses do much more damage and nearly 50% of the players i ahv seen just stand there and take it will attacking at the same time and they die. So stop your whining and suck it up butter cup. ive done just fine without a priest by my side. ive soloed a few dungeons myself as a wizard. and im currently lvl 58 as i type this.

    oh and the bots, EVERYONE FORM Maplestory, Mabinogi, etc KNEW they were coming. it was a matter of time.
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,500
    Posts: 128
    Member
    trinity777 wrote: »
    they are either really bad at supporting that rarely heals or they are a bot.

    this game needs an in-game captcha system and a tighter security these bots they are currently teleporting frequently how does your security not detect this is beyond me....

    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SALTY AF

    Trinity btw didnt you start a thread claiming you were quitting literally yesterday? You wouldnt have been doing that just for attention would you? Bad form Peter... Bad form...
    SpiralofvertigoCathie
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    Posts: 116
    Member
    Khalyk wrote: »
    I play primary dps but have just leveled a priest up to 50 to help guildies and while I completely agree about the bot problem, the other problem is dps literally go braindead when they see a priest in the party. They literally figure since their are heals they can stand undergeared in every boss mechanic and just gonna hold one button and afk dps.

    I'm honestly not sure what to do when I see you there because of the heals. Where I'm at in the game I'm lucky to even see one of you I get paired up with a bunch of berserkers in a dungeon and I'm left to fend for myself.
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,500
    Posts: 128
    Member
    Nikynoonoo wrote: »
    Khalyk wrote: »
    I play primary dps but have just leveled a priest up to 50 to help guildies and while I completely agree about the bot problem, the other problem is dps literally go braindead when they see a priest in the party. They literally figure since their are heals they can stand undergeared in every boss mechanic and just gonna hold one button and afk dps.

    I'm honestly not sure what to do when I see you there because of the heals. Where I'm at in the game I'm lucky to even see one of you I get paired up with a bunch of berserkers in a dungeon and I'm left to fend for myself.

    Hehe for me its Runeblade's constantly getting groups of 3 RB's 1 zerk or 4 RB's lol
  • trinity777trinity777
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Posts: 86
    Member
    Alfani wrote: »
    Been super bummed and stressed out about hitting hard dungeons due to this mentality.
    I'm a priest who tries really really hard to prioritize my party members. I pay attention to everyones health. I also drop aoes, and try and throw in some dps when it's safe to do so.
    Sucks that due primarily to bots people are going as far as kicking us from parties so we don't even have an opportunity to run.
    People be missing out on one of the good priests over here. :/
    Khalyk wrote: »
    trinity777 wrote: »
    they are either really bad at supporting that rarely heals or they are a bot.

    this game needs an in-game captcha system and a tighter security these bots they are currently teleporting frequently how does your security not detect this is beyond me....

    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SALTY AF

    Trinity btw didnt you start a thread claiming you were quitting literally yesterday? You wouldnt have been doing that just for attention would you? Bad form Peter... Bad form...
    i said i "may" be quitting. jesus.
    Wicca411