Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

[Gameplay] Instruments dont work

TrueDesuTrueDesu
MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
edited 11:24PM May 9, 2018 in Bug Reporting
So i just got to level 22 and got the practice piano but pressing keys wont play any sound, i have instrument sounds set to 100 and i cant seem to hear anyone else play anything. Ost templates dont play any sound as well when playing it.

I have already tried doing a full reinstall, Download repair, and nothing seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
StrangeestToXiniX

Comments

• StrangeestStrangeest
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    I've had the same issue, other people can hear it but I for some reason, i can't
    TrueDesu
  • DraykelDraykel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
  • saipandasaipanda
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    edited 10:32AM May 10, 2018
    To solve the problem you have to re-log

*edit* have you used auto play? I couldn't hear music of myself or others after I used an auto play ticket.
  • TrueDesuTrueDesu
    saipanda wrote: »
    To solve the problem you have to re-log

*edit* have you used auto play? I couldn't hear music of myself or others after I used an auto play ticket.

No i haven't used auto play yet, and if i remember correctly when i first saw someone use an instrument i couldnt hear them, i thought they weren't playing, but now i understand why i could hear him.

I'll try re-loggin, and come back with results.
  • TrueDesuTrueDesu
    edited 12:23PM May 10, 2018
    Hello, I'm back and with an update. I have spoken to tech support about this problem, and they have seen this thread. I am currently doing some things they want me to do, and sending a result. Hopefully this could get fixed soon.

For now keep on Mapleing. :)
  • OmegafireOmegafire
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I can't hear any of the instruments either
  • AxianStudiosAxianStudios
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    Can't hear any instruments either :(. I bought the nice piano form the cash shop.
  • ToXiniXToXiniX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    I've been having the same problem. Instruments have worked back in CBT1 but they are apparently silent for me in CBT2...
  • luniariluniari
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    edited 5:33PM July 19, 2018
    Me too. I submitted a ticket in customer support, but I haven't heard from them yet. I'm having this problem where I can hear other people play music, but I can't hear my own. I've tried this with different scores just to see if it's a problem on my part, but I can't hear any of them at all even when I try previewing them.

EDIT: I tried playing something with one of the scores that was available to buy (with the Maplestory OST) and I could hear it, which is even more confusing since I still can't hear mine. Like OP, I also can't hear anything whenever I try pressing on the keys.

EDIT #2: I bought a guitar and it worked! It might only be the electric piano that's having problems.
  • SuperMasgamerSuperMasgamer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,105
    I can't hear anybody playing instruments either. My BGM mutes but thats all
  • PrimuPrimu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    bumping this, haven't been able to hear them at all
    Pebbly
  • PebblyPebbly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    I've been having this issue as well. Been researching to figure out how to fix it. Tried to repair download. Didn't work.
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    I'm also having this issue on all of my characters with every instrument i've tried. I could hear myself and other people playing at the start of head start, but after i started getting into it last week it's been no sound from any instrument.
  • JRockwellJRockwell
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
    It's not only instruments for me but also the BGM stops playing after it has played tru once ! then everything BGM related just stops working including instruments. Even tho when I just log in there is no problem. :/
  • UrgiUrgi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,115
    Was gonna make a thread about this problem, but it seems that support has already seen this. I hope this gets fixed because I really want to hear other people's and my instruments.
  • UngodlyUngodly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    Same problem here and i've really tried everything i can think of to resolve this. Reinstalling game and sound drivers. Listened on different devices. I've even tried to install midi-software, but something went fishy with that, so i gave up. But that shouldn't be necessary tho. Hope there's a fix soon. Unfortunately this seems to be an issue that's been there for a long time for just a few people, without any changes.
  • AmiDeeAmiDee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Did this ever get solved? :( New to the game and having this problem now.
  • KyrraKyrra
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I have had this problem since I got my new computer. The sound was fine when I was playing on my moms, not sure what the difference is there both hps with windows 10.