Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Epic gear drop rate.

Comments

• Soreph9Soreph9
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 705
    Aynix wrote: »
    You will get money for your epic weapon way faster than dropping one, even when not selling any mats.

as we got 18M without having the equipment, you can talk about buying, the safest thing is you founder pack and you have many epic gears and money, because the drop was high before October 10
  • MizaruMizaru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    Soreph9 wrote: »
    Aynix wrote: »
    You will get money for your epic weapon way faster than dropping one, even when not selling any mats.

as we got 18M without having the equipment, you can talk about buying, the safest thing is you founder pack and you have many epic gears and money, because the drop was high before October 10

I'm a founder and I didn't get any epic gear before official launch either.
  • GahnoGahno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380
    Players should stop confusing this game with other games, Epic's are what they are "EPIC" all the other MMORPG have brainwashed us thinking Epic is something we should obtain easily and change it easily like underwear. It is suppose to be epic and what other way to make it epic by not being so easily obtainable. There needs to be some kind of value to just labeling it an Epic it needs to be expensive and not easily obtainable. Might as well just call it commons if it is so common.

That being said the problem isn't the drop rate on Epic it is the progression system, we are too focused on depending on the Epic to help get our gear score up to jump to the next dungeon. Which shows the problem is the progression system not the drop rate of Epic. They need to introduce some alternative ways to up our gear score to help us progress. Which isn't dependent on RnG. Either introduce some currency to buy some higher gear score items, or have life skills or pets give us gear score items.

But I guess mesos is some sort of currency that is available now that can help you progress. Which many seem to ignore. Buying your way into progression is the most time efficient way right now. Just doing your daily missions for a week or 2. Should allow you to afford 1 Epic Weapon.
  • Soreph9Soreph9
    edited 3:56AM October 16, 2018
    Gahno wrote: »
    Players should stop confusing this game with other games, Epic's are what they are "EPIC" all the other MMORPG have brainwashed us thinking Epic is something we should obtain easily and change it easily like underwear. It is suppose to be epic and what other way to make it epic by not being so easily obtainable. There needs to be some kind of value to just labeling it an Epic it needs to be expensive and not easily obtainable. Might as well just call it commons if it is so common.

That being said the problem isn't the drop rate on Epic it is the progression system, we are too focused on depending on the Epic to help get our gear score up to jump to the next dungeon. Which shows the problem is the progression system not the drop rate of Epic. They need to introduce some alternative ways to up our gear score to help us progress. Which isn't dependent on RnG. Either introduce some currency to buy some higher gear score items, or have life skills or pets give us gear score items.

But I guess mesos is some sort of currency that is available now that can help you progress. Which many seem to ignore. Buying your way into progression is the most time efficient way right now. Just doing your daily missions for a week or 2. Should allow you to afford 1 Epic Weapon.

The "EPICS" weapons in ms2 is not the best, two more stars are missing. The other mmorpg do not restrict you so much to the time of play, in ms2 when you get to 50 you only have to upload 4 more characters to 50 and repeat dungeons 10 times a day with each one, that indicates a clear failure in the progression system of the game
  • GahnoGahno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380

The "EPICS" weapons in ms2 is not the best, two more stars are missing. The other mmorpg do not restrict you so much to the time of play, in ms2 when you get to 50 you only have to upload 4 more characters to 50 and repeat dungeons 10 times a day with each one, that indicates a clear failure in the progression system of the game

Like I said the progression system is the problem. But not the drop rate of Epic.

The Epic might not be designed to what I feel Epic should be, but at least it is better than WoW where Epic are replaced on a weekly bassis. Epic means nothing really better to call it common purple. If it feels good to see an Epic drop then I think the system is well designed.

But they really need to fix the progression system, especially pre 2100 gear score. That whole process there isn't enjoyable and doesn't feel like you are progressing. You just mindlessly grind hoping for something to drop. Which is really bad. Need some sort of milestone to feel you reaching closing to your goals. A proper progression.
  • Soreph9Soreph9

Like I said the progression system is the problem. But not the drop rate of Epic.

The Epic might not be designed to what I feel Epic should be, but at least it is better than WoW where Epic are replaced on a weekly bassis. Epic means nothing really better to call it common purple. If it feels good to see an Epic drop then I think the system is well designed.

But they really need to fix the progression system, especially pre 2100 gear score. That whole process there isn't enjoyable and doesn't feel like you are progressing. You just mindlessly grind hoping for something to drop. Which is really bad. Need some sort of milestone to feel you reaching closing to your goals. A proper progression.

The progression is failed because it is fictitious difficulty.
    Forcing the player to have 5 level 50 characters to see if he can advance with any is fictional difficulty, it is not effort - reward. It is loot box made dungeon to progress. if there should be other ways to progress.
  • lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    It’s what I’ve been arguing this whole time. People really mostly want the gear because they want to do the next set of content. Not so much because they just like the idea of having the highest grade of gear currently available. You do not hold people back by something they cannot control. It’s just unfun and the furthest thing from competition.

The thing to note about these hard dungeons as well is that sure they give guaranteed epics per kill but the bonus attributes on them vary with RNG. That’s a good way of keeping people playing, since what’s actually gonna be BiS are these attributes as opposed to just having the gear itself and will keep the people who like to min/max playing for a while. The people who only want epic gear just to have it will be weaker but still felt like they progressed.

Right now it’s in a terrible state cause most have resorted to the long sword/throwing star thing just to get in because they don’t want to drop 18mil just for a weapon they’re gonna be replacing shortly after.
    Soreph9
  • AlucinadoAlucinado
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    Nekibri wrote: »
    a limited game is a mobile game. I hesitate to install a computer in my toilet with this dungeon limitation.
    In a mmorpg one likes to advance one's character or feel powerful with it, the limitation prevents that feeling.
    And when you can do HARD MODE dungeons, you will never want to play with your friends who can not go so much the dungeon entry is precious. It kills the social aspect.
    Can you remind me of the definition of a game? Pleasure? Why is it frustration then?
    To play the game I am reduced to doing as much reroll as possible knowing that I do not like it because I would like to do everything with my main character. I like MS2 but it looks like he does not want me.

I see this, I do not even see administrators giving attention to the clamor and requests of the community, they are just ignoring and leaving unanswered. I see that the players who are asking for this are because they think it is unacceptable to continue playing like this, they are going to lose a huge player base with these decision making, they will have the same future as the tree of savior, from 53k players to 1.8k. And it looks that maple2 neither reached the 45k, and in the rhythm that is going to be abandoned very fast
  • KozartuKozartu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    YOU DO NOT NEED THOSE WEAPONS, NOR ANY EPIC ITEMS, TO REACH 2100 GEAR SCORE.

The epic drops from 1500 dungeons are so low because they are tradeable, and if we were flooded with insanely cheap tradeable gear, no one would need to do the dungeons anymore AND there would be less incentive to grind at all because you couldn't profit.

Scarcity isn't a problem for that epic armor at all, it's okay for it all to be extremely rare. But for accessories it basically means that you can't easily unlock gem slots (as you need sacrificial duplicates), and it makes the weapons completely unusable long-term (again, as you need sacrificial duplicates to reach +11 and higher).

As long as the longsword/scepter + shuriken/dagger 150% gearscore trick remains in the game, you don't need to run any dungeons AT ALL, to achieve 2100 GS and get a real epic weapon after 1-3 fire dragon runs, which is very carryable at this point even with fairfight.

The issue here is the way they did the progression for 1500-2100. It's either heavily tied to RNG, buy epics or do the bypass method. Those methods do not feel progression at all, we shouldn't have to struggle to get to 2100 to enjoy the hard content. Progression is everything for an MMO, we should be able to feel the progression of our gear score rather than trying to find ways to make the gear score.

The way they should have done it is to at least have a currency drop per clearing a dungeon. With the certain amount, you could buy a gear to upgrade your current gear and you'll be closer to improving your gear score. Don't get me wrong, these gears shouldn't be stronger than purple, rather an upgrade to your current 1500 blue set, that way you feel your character progress instead of forever be stuck at 1500 until you have the required mats/mesos to find a way to get to 2100.