Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Dungeon / Raid Reward Limits

Comments

• SerfrostSerfrost
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,565
    I pretty much agree with the consensus here. To add: When/if the limit is removed, slightly nerf the purple rates if you're fearing the market being overflowed with purples (and in turn, dirt cheap upgrade materials that will turn the users into power whales.) We have yet to see Legendaries or Uniques (they're at a higher cap,) but for the time being it's worth some consideration.

Myself, I log out after my daily 10 runs. There's simply no hope for me to do anything afterwards since World Bosses and Raids lag so horrendously.
  • AndrésAndrés
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,130
    LyraIei wrote: »
    Adding: I found out that some asian countries have problems with their users addiction to mmorpgs. I approve of the limitations for those countries to help with the problem, but this is another country and our version shouldn't have those limitations.

THIS. I agree with you
    Shawnyy
  • AndrésAndrés
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,130
    Hi, I want to say that the limitation is bs and it'll do wrong for the game!

First, I want to make known that people will want to do their 10 dungeons per day and not touch dungeons again. The only incentive to do said dungeons is the loot, a thing that'll be removed after the 10th on that day. If you're wanting to do dungeons outside of the prime time, you'll be waiting in your cue forever.

Second, the current loot limit is linked with the raids too. If you couldn't before do dungeons now you've got less chance because people will want to save their loot chances for the raid.

I would honestly preffer seeing a game where purples are overflowing the market than people not cueing for dungeons because they're capped and want to keep playing their pianos or afk fishing. This is an mmo, it should be incentivized for people to play together not restrict them for doing that.

YOU sir are right. I agree. I just hope Nexon and/or the MS2 team actually looks at what we have been posting and our feedback and makes changes. I've seen a lot of laziness come from the MS1 team in the past and i hope it doesn't turn out the same for the MS2 team.
  • smileycatsmileycat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,110
    Andrés wrote: »
    Adding: I found out that some asian countries have problems with their users addiction to mmorpgs. I approve of the limitations for those countries to help with the problem, but this is another country and our version shouldn't have those limitations.

THIS. I agree with you

This is like saying you are addicted to mmo and you want to dungeon all day...so please remove the limitations...lol
  • lolisymlolisym
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,830
    10 runs per day in my opinion is decent - however, it's the 30 run per week cap that is the problem, thats about 4 runs per day.
    Give us an actual 10 runs per day...
  • ImGuidoImGuido
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 860
    edited 4:39PM May 15, 2018
    So I did about 30 dungeons since CBT began on one character, 2-3 of those being raids. After getting the 30/30 for the week, I thought I'd do some raids to upgrade some gear but after running 3 raids I noticed I didn't get anymore loot while the day said I was 0/10. Is it right to assume dungeons and raids share a lockout? Wondering if that's a bug etc.
  • ImGuidoImGuido
    I guess the better question is, do the devs want us having to choose between raiding and running dungeons?
  • ImGuidoImGuido
    edited 1:59PM May 16, 2018
    Ignore this.
  • KoalatysleepKoalatysleep
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 790
    Dev's kinda just tossed us an older version of cms2 and I think it is safe to assume that although everyone enjoys the game and loves the content there needs to be some huge changes to get a committed community in this game. Raid and dungeon limits are a complete no no when it comes to the west.
    I am happy to splash what ever money I have since I really did enjoy the beta and the huge potential this game has , however til we get a dedicated oce server and dungeon limits removed I am happy to sit on the sidelines til they do.
    Lunii
  • MommaMakoMommaMako
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,280
    Cruel RNG and reward limits is terrible game design!!
  • EpicGamesEmployeeEpicGamesEmployee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    There should definitely not be a dungeon limit (30 a week is literally nothing considering dungeons are <5 min long). The limit for raids is fine, just remove the dungeon limit please, literally adds nothing to the game and ruins it for the more hardcore players who love dungeoning.
  • EpicGamesEmployeeEpicGamesEmployee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    I forgot to add that most players would easily finish 30 dungeons in the first 3 days of the week, then would have to resort to other aspects of the game they might not enjoy. This is horrible game design and players should not be forced to do something they might not want to do.
  • GahnoGahno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380
    Players must stop comparing this free to play game to the other triple A mmorpg that are either sub based or buy to play. For a free to play game there will be a limited amount of content due to the resources available due to capital or funding. The whole game will be designed to require a lot of limitations and RnG to prolong the content.

The limit is to prevent content from dying out too quickly. There are 2 things that can happen if there is no more dungeon run limits. Players will finish the content within a month . And the economy will collapse.

Players will just end up farming blues and dismantling them and selling Onyx Crystals and making a ton of money and buying the Epics, Epics being sold will sky rocket cause there is no longer a limit to how many dungeons to run. Economy collapse. Any new player can easily buy a full epic set once the value drops and jump straight into end game within maybe the first or second week of playing.

Then the whole progression will just die out everyone will be filthy rich and everyone will be full Epics. And afterwards nothing to achieve for. Then players will start complaining this game is too easy. Cause everyone is Epic and super geared nobody really stands out or feels special.

I don't think this dungeon limit is the issue, the bigger problem is having progression being limited to Gear Score RnG. I think they need to give players alternatives to progress to the required gear score other than depending on luck, to reach end game content. Grant other ways outside of dungeons either dailies or life skills or pets. To up the gear score / progress.

Having the End Gear being limited and difficult to obtain is actually a good game design so not everyone can be as awesome. But to use this to limit progression isn't a good game design. Right now they seem to have it combined into one system. Which is why it feels bad.
  • UpsilonGreenUpsilonGreen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,445
    The 10 day limit is acceptable for me, but the 30 week limit is a bit silly.

My archer is lv47 and I haven't even had a single chance to do any of the dungeons from lv20 - 47 aside from the ones featured in story quests simply because there's no point when you don't get any rewards and I have only just gotten my griffin hat thing at last.

I don't think it's all that great to do such low level dungeons when you are much higher level just for the outfit rewards (at least) when you should be doing content that is at or around your level.

Kind of like doing kerning pq in ms1 at lv50 or so just to get the shoes or whatever else there is to get.

Makes me not want to play my char until the limit resets. It will take days/weeks to get all the outfit fragments needed from all the dungeons, and there are dozens of them to do.

So yes, remove either the 10 day limit or the 30 week limit.
  • StarBoi96StarBoi96
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    PRAISE! I HATE THESE STUPID LIMITS!!! I just want to have fun playing in a squad, slaying some baddies, and most importantly: L O O T ! Could it really be that hard to remove such limits in this game? Please developers, please let us be free to plunge into this loot filled arena for fun's sake!
    tenor.gif?itemid=12342406