Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Pet taming tutorial/guide is painful

HauvenHauven
MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
in Suggestions and Feedback
Basically what I mean is that when you do this specific tutorial you have to spend a considerable amount of time contesting with other players to begin taming your first pet on a single instance of the map. This is highly frustrating, especially with the amount of Dryad Candy you can initially end up wasting on untameable pets due to someone else beating you to it.

I would preferably like to see multiple instances of the map which are exclusive to a few players at a time instead of 20 to 30+ on average. At least it should considerably reduce the time contesting to tame a pet as well losing track of your pet in the process of heading back to then make a trap for it.
Agent_Dragonfury

Comments

• SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Even though I slogged through it anyway, apparently you can leave that map and go tame any slime out in the wild, then come back to it?
    Conargle
  • GahnoGahno
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380
    Even though I slogged through it anyway, apparently you can leave that map and go tame any slime out in the wild, then come back to it?

This is exactly what I did. I think the map next to Middleton which is next to Tria has a bunch of slime.

But with that being said it is a badly designed system to have players contest for the slime. They should've made it each individual having their own instance like their housings.

Maybe once the games popularity dies out not many players within same levelling range it won't be as bad.
  • YUNGFUJIMANEYUNGFUJIMANE
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    it can seem pretty bad but if you wait until someone tames one, you can hang around where it respawns and be first to nab it. they respawn fairly quickly. although nexon could save us some frustration by letting us know that as it takes a bit of struggling with other players to figure that out.
  • KatsKats
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,590
    Or they could make it like a story instance.
    So there's only you there lol.
  • Mroz123Mroz123
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 495
    And if you do this for the first time you have no idea you have to wait for green mob and you just waste all your candies on red mobs.