Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

PLease extend founders packs

noodle_777noodle_777
MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
edited 11:13AM October 15, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
In all my time playing mmo's i have never seen a release that only gave out a limited number of packs , and then only gave 8 days to purchase them, for me i only yesterday found out about this game, i cant purchase a founders pack. it seems like a truly poor marketing decision , not only to turn down money , but to punish "latecomers". i really wanted to try this game but knowing nexon's p2w history, and shafting, people a couple days late , do i really want to invest my time into this game?

You should have made founders packs available till the end of the month at least..
  1. Should ms2 extend founders packs?45 votes
    1. Yes!
       31% (14 votes)
    2. No..
       69% (31 votes)

Comments

• MizaruMizaru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,025
    edited 11:34AM October 15, 2018
    Where did you get your info about limited number of founder's packs and only 8 days to buy them? They were available for months to anyone who was wiling to buy them... Secondly literally every game I've ever played have stopped selling founder's packs after launch. They are exclusive for a reason and they should not be available all the time.
  • noodle_777noodle_777
    edited 11:54AM October 15, 2018
    they only made 40 k available during closed beta , and an unlimited number from the end of closed beta till launch. that was 8 days... I mean i could be wrong , but usually they make stuff like this available a little after the official launch. I could name 20 plus games that worked like that from Everquest 2 to Tera...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/90kxu7/founders_packs_sold_out/

And im not saying make them available all the time , but enough time for late comers that like me only found out about this game off of you tube 3 days after launch...LOL
  • MizaruMizaru
    edited 12:17PM October 15, 2018
    noodle_777 wrote: »
    they only made 40 k available during closed beta , and an unlimited number from the end of closed beta till launch. that was 8 days... I mean i could be wrong , but usually they make stuff like this available a little after the official launch. I could name 20 plus games that worked like that from Everquest 2 to Tera...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MapleStory2/comments/90kxu7/founders_packs_sold_out/

And im not saying make them available all the time , but enough time for late comers that like me only found out about this game off of you tube 3 days after launch...LOL

After betas they were available for months without limitations. But yeah, my take on founder's packs is that they shouldn't be available after launch. It's pretty much risk vs reward situation: you don't actually know what the game will be like after it launches, so you should also get better rewards for putting your money in beforehand. I've backed several games with something lke 1,5-2k euros now and literally all of them have failed (in personal and some also in general population levels), haha :p Iirc all those games stopped offering founder's packs at the launch or a bit before, but I'm sure there might be exceptions.

My point here being that in many cases it might be too "safe" to get shitload of stuff from those packs, if you're able to check how the launch and few days or weeks after the release goes. I would feel betrayed if I bought a pack and then people were still able to check the success or failure of the game for weeks, in this game even play the full f2p version before deciding if they buy the pack or not.

Edit: You're mixing beta and headstart. There was 8 days between founder's headstart and official launch, months between last closed beta and launch.
    Zinnet
  • noodle_777noodle_777
    Ok , well then failed Pr . either way , I'm not going to be playing , i feel betrayed ( i know im not the only one) , and the steam charts arn't looking good either..

Later..
  • MizaruMizaru
    Ok , well then failed Pr . either way , I'm not going to be playing , i feel betrayed ( i know im not the only one) , and the steam charts arn't looking good either..

Later..

I'm not exactly sure what charts you're checking, since the game has been just growing on steam from the start. 24h peak over 42k players which is about twice the amount I personally ever expected.

https://steamcharts.com/app/560380
  • ArdawnArdawn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,215
    You do realize that the steamcharts only cover players launching the game from the steam client, right? That's probably not even a quarter of the actual population. You're a fool if you think they should extend it because you didn't buy one, even though you admit that you KNEW that they were out. I looked at the founder's package months before release, and I decided that what they contained wasn't worth it, I made my choice, as did you by waiting until the last minute.
  • ZeroGravigaZeroGraviga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,065
    The entire time Mushking was up you could have bought a founders pack. That was an entire month.
    Heartdonor
  • noodle_777noodle_777
    edited 3:01PM October 15, 2018
    Ardawn wrote: »
    You do realize that the steamcharts only cover players launching the game from the steam client, right? That's probably not even a quarter of the actual population. You're a fool if you think they should extend it because you didn't buy one, even though you admit that you KNEW that they were out. I looked at the founder's package months before release, and I decided that what they contained wasn't worth it, I made my choice, as did you by waiting until the last minute.

No. i didn't even know the game existed till yesterday from youtube. I have had to rely on other sources for information since this was the first i have even heard of this (yesterday) , and i play on steam every day to the tune of tens of thousands of hours.
    The entire time Mushking was up you could have bought a founders pack. That was an entire month.

cool cause i didn't even know this game existed till yesterday

So 5 days in to the launch the game hits its peak with 42k players and its already starting to drop... steam is the 800pound gorilla and its trends will reflect the overall audience.. I could be wrong , but i have a pretty good history of calling dead games , so far of of the only successful Korean grinders that succeeded in NA is Tera.

Its too bad any way this game looked cute with a lot of potential.
  • CryoGXCryoGX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    This is unfortunately one of those cases. They did make a big deal about these for a while up until now, so it's just an issue of being out of the loop too little too late. I personally failed to see what was misleading about the head start because reading the news about it pointed out that it'd require the pack to play.

As others have said already, the pack was effectively available much longer than an 8 day window.

I hate to say this one dude but it's very unfortunately your mistake here.

Let's say they did extend it to accommodate your case: immediately after the extension ends there'd be similar complaints from new people coming in too little too late. The cutoff point needs to be somewhere and you unfortunately were right there at it.

Sorry my dude but that tiny bit of clout shouldn't drive you away from this game, as it's still hella fun! You're still incredibly early to the party anyhow.
    Heartdonor
  • noodle_777noodle_777
    CryoGX wrote: »
    This is unfortunately one of those cases. They did make a big deal about these for a while up until now, so it's just an issue of being out of the loop too little too late. I personally failed to see what was misleading about the head start because reading the news about it pointed out that it'd require the pack to play.

As others have said already, the pack was effectively available much longer than an 8 day window.

I hate to say this one dude but it's very unfortunately your mistake here.

Let's say they did extend it to accommodate your case: immediately after the extension ends there'd be similar complaints from new people coming in too little too late. The cutoff point needs to be somewhere and you unfortunately were right there at it.

Sorry my dude but that tiny bit of clout shouldn't drive you away from this game, as it's still hella fun! You're still incredibly early to the party anyhow.

In a way i do agree I'm not a baby. and ill live with my mistake , but in that i'm gonna vote with my dollar in that they arn't gonna get any of mine now ..

• MS2IntroductionMS2Introduction
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,440

No. i didn't even know the game existed till yesterday from youtube. I have had to rely on other sources for information since this was the first i have even heard of this (yesterday) , and i play on steam every day to the tune of tens of thousands of hours.

So 5 days in to the launch the game hits its peak with 42k players and its already starting to drop... steam is the 800pound gorilla and its trends will reflect the overall audience.. I could be wrong , but i have a pretty good history of calling dead games , so far of of the only successful Korean grinders that succeeded in NA is Tera.

Man, quit whining and gtfo already if you're not going to be playing. The packs were available for a HUGE amount of time, and no one cares that you only found out about the game yesterday. That's your fault. Founder's pack, as the name implies, are for people who were there and followed the game through its development (Beta 1, 2, MKR, Headstart) and supported it with a purchase; you CLEARLY don't fit that category seeing as you just found out about the game.

Game population is healthy af, but you wouldn't know that cause you don't actually play. Steam isn't even close to being representative of a majority of players. Also, almost all games experience a drop in peak after release because you get people who are only just trying the game out of curiosity or for the initial hype. Game success is measured in how steady your core population is maintained, not something asinine like a steam chart for a game that's only been out for regular population for less than a week LOL. Btw, Steam MS2 wasn't available for headstart, so a good number of the population were required to use the Nexon launcher instead in the first place (meaning that steam chart you're basing your bullcrap on means even less.

Why don't you stop posting already since it's clear you're not going to be playing or providing any useful feedback.
    YoYoFigaroFigaroZinnetKoalaFlylowBakaAnikiArdawnAlways_HidHeartdonorMiguelx
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Ya, sadly this is just a situation where you happened to find out too late. I guarantee you are not the only one. As someone already said, no matter what there will always be people who are too late. Happens with sales all the time too. I remember I purchased Kerbal Space Program a few days after the announced date that all DLC would be free. XD So if I had just gotten it a few days earlier lol. But it is what it is. The cut off has to be somewhere.
  • noodle_777noodle_777
    edited 3:33PM October 15, 2018
    Ya, sadly this is just a situation where you happened to find out too late. I guarantee you are not the only one. As someone already said, no matter what there will always be people who are too late. Happens with sales all the time too. I remember I purchased Kerbal Space Program a few days after the announced date that all DLC would be free. XD So if I had just gotten it a few days earlier lol. But it is what it is. The cut off has to be somewhere.

that's exactly why most games make founders packs available for a week to 30 days after launch. because that's when the hype is greatest and you will have the biggest influx of players due to you tube etc.

Man, quit whining and gtfo already if you're not going to be playing. The packs were available for a HUGE amount of time, and no one cares that you only found out about the game yesterday. That's your fault. Founder's pack, as the name implies, are for people who were there and followed the game through its development (Beta 1, 2, MKR, Headstart) and supported it with a purchase; you CLEARLY don't fit that category seeing as you just found out about the game.

Game population is healthy af, but you wouldn't know that cause you don't actually play. Steam isn't even close to being representative of a majority of players. Also, almost all games experience a drop in peak after release because you get people who are only just trying the game out of curiosity or for the initial hype. Game success is measured in how steady your core population is maintained, not something asinine like a steam chart for a game that's only been out for regular population for less than a week LOL. Btw, Steam MS2 wasn't available for headstart, so a good number of the population were required to use the Nexon launcher instead in the first place (meaning that steam chart you're basing your bullcrap on means even less.

Why don't you stop posting already since it's clear you're not going to be playing or providing any useful feedback.

Ok enjoy your multi hundred dollar loot boxes and bot ridden dungeons. Also you are really salty, nice to know this is the population that is playing this game , makes me want to check out the game right?.. i'lll go back to dota 2 with 450k players a day..

• HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925

Ok enjoy your multi hundred dollar loot boxes and bot ridden dungeons. Also you are really salty, nice to know this is the population that is playing this game , makes me want to check out the game right?.. i'lll go back to dota 2 with 450k players a day..
    It's not like you being here solves the style boxes or the bot issue so not sure were you think you can solve it by you being here. Also, if you decide to make a judgement based on the people replying to your thread as the population then maybe you might want to rethink a lot about. IIRC dota 2 has a worse community that has toxic players everywhere. The community of MS2 is nice if you actually take the time and get to know the community. Rather than making a post about how you missed a "sale".
  • noodle_777noodle_777
    ok , well i remember a time when games came out completed and didn't have exclusive items for people who dropped loads of cash so they could lord it over others or p2w benefits, its not really about the sale. its about the e-peen shaking that is super prevalent in Korean games. Its not fun it dosen't bring unity or cohesion only to make animosity..
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    Don't understand the whole 'you knew they were ending so you should have bought them' meme.
    Why should somebody pay for a free game before they've had a chance to play it or even know anything about it?
    If I hadn't had the opportunity to play the game in CBT1 I wouldn't have bought a Founder's pack. I think it's the same for a lot of people that ended up buying one.
    They should have had late adopter packs that offered a similar value for money and items to the founder's packs ready for release. Or just extended them a week past the release date.
    You can refund games on steam or take them back to the store if you don't like them. Do you think Nexon would give you that basic kindness if you bought a Founder's Pack and didn't like the game?
    Do you think everyone on the planet comes from a place where tossing $100 on a founder's pack is no big deal?
    This line of thought is dangerously stupid and the reason why Nexon is so hesitant to change it's business practices.
    Don't understand the whole 'you knew they were ending so you should have bought them' meme.
    Why should somebody pay for a free game before they've had a chance to play it or even know anything about it?
    If I hadn't had the opportunity to play the game in CBT1 I wouldn't have bought a Founder's pack. I think it's the same for a lot of people that ended up buying one.
    They should have had late adopter packs that offered a similar value for money and items to the founder's packs ready for release. Or just extended them a week past the release date.
    You can refund games on steam or take them back to the store if you don't like them. Do you think Nexon would give you that basic kindness if you bought a Founder's Pack and didn't like the game?
    Do you think everyone on the planet comes from a place where tossing $100 on a founder's pack is no big deal?
    This line of thought is dangerously stupid and the reason why Nexon is so hesitant to change it's business practices.

The whole point of a founders pack is the idea of putting money toward the game early on. It's common practice these days when it comes to the game industry. Even preorder bonuses are a huge things now. The founders pack is essentially the equivalent of a preorder bonus. It doesn't make sense to extend preorder bonuses after a game is already released, right? Wouldn't be a preorder then.
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535

The whole point of a founders pack is the idea of putting money toward the game early on. It's common practice these days when it comes to the game industry. Even preorder bonuses are a huge things now. The founders pack is essentially the equivalent of a preorder bonus. It doesn't make sense to extend preorder bonuses after a game is already released, right? Wouldn't be a preorder then.

Pre-order bonuses are just as anti-consumer. There isn't another industry on the planet that gives preferential treatment to those that quite literally blindly hand over their money. Because in every other industry that is called a scam.
    Not to mention, if you pre-order a game and it sucks you can just return it. Or if you pre-order a game and change your mind you can get that money and spend it on something else. Try doing that with anything you buy from Nexon. Hope you weren't attached to your account.
    It's ridiculous how easily conditioned gamers are into accepting horrendously anti-consumer practices at their own detriment.

Pre-order bonuses are just as anti-consumer. There isn't another industry on the planet that gives preferential treatment to those that quite literally blindly hand over their money. Because in every other industry that is called a scam.
    Not to mention, if you pre-order a game and it sucks you can just return it. Or if you pre-order a game and change your mind you can get that money and spend it on something else. Try doing that with anything you buy from Nexon. Hope you weren't attached to your account.
    It's ridiculous how easily conditioned gamers are into accepting horrendously anti-consumer practices at their own detriment.

Well to be fair, there have been a few people who have gotten a refund actually, so it doesn't seem totally impossible. Course this was before the release. Not sure if you can get a refund now, but I wouldn't claim you can't as I simply don't know and I assume neither do you.

I, personally, don't see preorder bonuses as a scam. I mean, you are getting exactly what you purchased, and it wouldn't be any different than if you preordered without the bonuses. You can still end up with a bad game you don't like. The same is true even buying a game after it's release, but at least then you can look into it and see footage of the game."

In this case, the game has been out for a very long time, just not here. So I don't think we can really claim that people didn't know what they were buying into. The only areas that are questionable at that point is how the monetization is going to work. With it being Nexon, I think most people could have had some guesses of how bad it can be.

In other words, I don't see how founders pack could be seen as a scam.
  • FlylowFlylow
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,035
    edited 7:48PM October 15, 2018
    Blaming Nexon because you didn't care enough about the game to even know it was being released MONTHS IN ADVANCE. OMEGALUL, you're a literal child, go away no1 wants you here.
    BakaAniki