During the October event period, the Escaped Moon Bunny world boss spawns at the following times:

NA West: 02:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC
NA East: 11:30 PM - 02:30 AM UTC
South America: 10:30 PM - 01:30 AM UTC
Europe: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM UTC
Oceania: 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM UTC

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• BloodbornBloodborn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    crzyblue wrote: »
    Are you running the game as Administrator? Yes
    Are you using WIFI? No
    Is DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) enabled? No, static
    Has Windows Firewall been restored to default? Turned off
    Is your computer’s local time in sync?yes
    Do you use WINDOWS 10?yes
    Have you experienced similar symptom on other games or applications?no

I did manage to fix my issue by doing the following:
    1. Copied the library directory to the desktop (leaving the original behind because it will get removed in the process of this).
    2. Changed the game install location in the launcher to c:/program files (x86)/Nixon/library
    3. Uninstalled maplestory 2 from the launcher
    4. Restarted the launcher completely.
    5. Started the install of maple story 2 (since you have a copy of the installation on the desktop from step 1 you don’t need to let it install completely, just start it
    6. Pause the download
    7. Quit the launcher completely
    8. Overwrite the maple2 directory with the copy you have on the desktop
    9. Launch the game!

I haven’t disconnected is 6 hours since doing this.

any news on your issue? Still noch dcs?
  • ReagonSaintPierreReagonSaintPierre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    crzyblue wrote: »
    Are you running the game as Administrator? Yes
    Are you using WIFI? No
    Is DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) enabled? No, static
    Has Windows Firewall been restored to default? Turned off
    Is your computer’s local time in sync?yes
    Do you use WINDOWS 10?yes
    Have you experienced similar symptom on other games or applications?no

I did manage to fix my issue by doing the following:
    1. Copied the library directory to the desktop (leaving the original behind because it will get removed in the process of this).
    2. Changed the game install location in the launcher to c:/program files (x86)/Nixon/library
    3. Uninstalled maplestory 2 from the launcher
    4. Restarted the launcher completely.
    5. Started the install of maple story 2 (since you have a copy of the installation on the desktop from step 1 you don’t need to let it install completely, just start it
    6. Pause the download
    7. Quit the launcher completely
    8. Overwrite the maple2 directory with the copy you have on the desktop
    9. Launch the game!

I haven’t disconnected is 6 hours since doing this.

I tried it but unfortunately it didn't work for me, good to hear that it worked for you!
  • Assassin386Assassin386
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    tryed that didt work for me either the release and renew worked for 2 hours now doest even work for 20 mins
  • AllkoAllko
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    I'm going to guess Windows 10 on my laptop was the problem for me. Playing on my desktop with 8.1 works flawlessly.
  • AerieanaAerieana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    I was getting this error every 5 mins or so, and clicking on reconnect failed 99% of the time, meaning I had to quit the game and reopen it from the launcher basically each time I disconnected. My ping ranged from 150 to 300. I'm in the UK and playing on Europe server.

This is definitely a Nexon issue, however I now have a much better ping (hovering around 50) after installing Leatrix Latency Fix and rebooting my modem/router. My connection to MS2 seems more stable now. Could be worth trying for those who have done all other steps in this thread.
  • SootSoot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 890
    My boyfriend and I both are receiving this as well. I know we don't have the best of internet, but this is pretty intense. NW server, any time of day, I disconnect at 20 minutes AT MOST. Yesterday was every 2-5 minutes. I couldn't even make it to a portal to another area before d/c. Let alone cut scenes. D/C during a cut scene but it kept playing and then ended up with a black screen.

I'm on wi-fi and my boyfriend is on a desktop. It wasn't this bad before. I was able to play from 8am-7pm without an issue. Yesterday was the worst so far.
  • DragawnDragawn
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    edited 10:52AM October 15, 2018
    I've almost literally tried everything so far, asides from moving to windows 8.1.

- FRESH windows 10 install, as suggested by the troubleshooting in this thread, only maple installed asides from discord, drivers and chrome
    - Run as admin, with and without windows 8 compatibility
    - No firewall
    - Turned off windows game bar
    - Tried both steam and nexon launchers for the game (run as admin doesnt work on steam for with controller)
    - Turned off fast startup
    - Did the powercfg thingy
    - DHCP refreshes daily, so that cant cause two dc's within 2-3 minutes from eachother, did the flush anyways.
    - LAN connection
    - Automatic time update
    - Repaired game files
    - Turned antivirus completely off
    - Turned Vsync and HDR off
    - Sacrificed a virgin
    - Danced with a dragon
    SherriCybertoothNunah
  • AerieanaAerieana
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    I saw this software "Leatrix Latency Fix" recommended on Reddit for reducing ping in many online games, and this 10053 error here on MS2 seems to be coming from high ping and what Nexon's servers see as connection instability (just my guess anyway). It's free, not a VPN, and can be easily uninstalled if it doesn't work for you.

The FAQ on the website leatrix.com/latencyfaq explains in detail how it works and also the steps to install it properly.

This so far seems to have fixed my disconnecting problem, I have currently been in-game for at least 3 hours straight, whereas before I tried this software I could last maybe 15 mins max.

Hopefully this could work for others too, though this problem should not be left to players to solve with changing network settings when the cause is on Nexon's end in the first place.
  • Vielgluck974Vielgluck974
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    Could play since 05/10 but since this morning, code error 10053 I tried everything i could but still getting dced after 3mins in game
  • Lily_Lily_
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    edited 12:08PM October 15, 2018
    Just started experiencing this today. It's gotten so bad that I can't even stay on the game for 2 minutes. Is there a fix to this yet? Already having a great time getting purples and now gotta deal with the disconnections. :D
  • ShrugAFShrugAF
    This solved it for me. Game runs like Beta 1, 0 lag, no DCs after a couple dungeon runs.
    Aerieana
  • ElliebirdElliebird
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 940
    I've had this happen occasionally since the headstart, but it was never really a problem until earlier this morning. I'm disconnecting like crazy, sometimes it'll let me stay on for 15-20 minutes, sometimes I'll get kicked again in the first 5 minutes. Did something change recently?
  • WillermWillerm
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 730
    I had no problem in both betas, now since day 2 I can barely stay 2 minutes online in my Server at night and sometimes not even during the day. Boomer.
  • NewMoonRisingNewMoonRising
    Please solve this problem or at least let us get back to the dragon dungeon, I have dced 3 dungeons in a row, if you can't support the server leave it in beta... why not...
  • NewMoonRisingNewMoonRising
    Country Where You Reside: São Paulo,Brasil
    Server: South America
    Your Internet Service Provider: Net
    Wifi or Wired: Wired
  • yvngcvntyvngcvnt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    So I still have this problem however I solved the issue to the point that the game is playable in 15 minute intervals and sometimes even longer. I downloaded ProtonVPN (free) and connected to the closest region to my server for me. NA East = New York I believe. Let me know if this works out for you.
  • DreamerZDreamerZ
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,340
    its annoying. I cant even upload custom score music because it crashes soon as i do
  • MoofeyMoofey
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,510
    edited 9:55PM October 15, 2018
    I actually just encountered this for the first time soloing a dungeon. Haven't had any network-related problems prior. Took a look in my event viewer and saw that I had the event indicated a number of times; Usually harmless but it checks out.

The only thing in my case is, when the error occurred, I was frantically spamming a potion hotkey after getting stunned while trying to not die. Is it possible that I might have accidentally triggered an anti-cheat mechanism in the client? (Note: Not likely) Based on how fast the average human can hit a single key, I doubt it, but I don't want to try it again if that does happen to be the case.

In the meantime I've toggled my vsync off and noticed that fo for whatever reason HDR was enabled (by default?) so I've turned that off since I don't have an HDR compliant monitor.
  • Vielgluck974Vielgluck974
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    This solved it for me too, hope it will last
  • SherriSherri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,580
    edited 10:39PM October 15, 2018
    I've been getting this as well. I can play the game fine for quite some time but it comes out of nowhere and it could keep happening over and over again.
    What it likes to let me play and give me the false sense of security before it disconnects me and says 'my internet' even though I'm usually talking with a friend just fine and my internet is okay..?
    I think it's just the servers.

Country Where You Reside: Ohio, USA
    Server: NA East
    Your Internet Service Provider: Spectrum
    Wifi or Wired: Wifi

Again, my game is playable for the most part, but it still angers me when I get kicked off in the middle of a cutscene.
    I have yet to have it happen to me in a dungeon, thank god.. but I think it'll happen any time soon. :/
    This never happened to me in either of the CBTs.
    Primu wrote: »
    Meno1234 wrote: »
    Alright most of you don't understand this.

It's your DCHP fault or IP addresses, Maplestory 2 reactions very awkwardly towards that, Your DCHP or IP address resets daily which makes maplestory client freak out and give out the error 10053, I made a post called "Guy's I found a solution for error 10053" and it helped couple of people out.

Here's a link to solutions post I made and it helped people get to play the game
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/39680/guys-i-found-a-solution-to-10053-error

That's not true.

This error is vague and could be caused by many different things. There isn't one single solution to the problem.
    DHCP does not reset daily for all, by default for a lot of routers it's 7 days and can be configured to never expire.

The reason for why this does not happen in other games is other games don't require a 100% reliable connection, the connection can drop for a moment and pick back up with just a small delay in the packet being processed. MS2 kicks you if you miss a packet in all, if they change this behaviour there'd be less disconnects.

I know somebody on the game Mabinogi (another Nexon game) who explained the same thing to why one of my friends kept disconnecting on there.. so basically MS2 is another game that needs you connected 24/7.
    Oh boy.. too bad some of us are gonna have issues with that rip net neutrality