Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Is the maple coins fishing event working?

Comments

• BakaAnikiBakaAniki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,610
    Alfani wrote: »
    Really wish there was another way to get these coins. Like monsters drops from ms1. Siiiiiiigh

This. Not only it'll be good for us but it also give us a reason to hunt mobs and fill all those empty hunting grounds and make those maps more lively. Such a wasted potential.
    DanDKPoseLunii9CirclesSpecksWanderyen
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    Just wanted to drop this here.
    •Play Mapleopoly! (Oct. 10 - Nov. 8)
    •Maple Spin Event (Oct. 10 - Nov. 8)
    •Maple Fanatic Event (Oct. 10 - Nov. 8)
    •Fishing Maple Coins (Oct.16 - Nov.7
    •Star Pop Party (Oct. 10 - Nov. 8)
    •Fortune Cookie Fun (Oct. 12 - Nov. 4)
    •Daily Rewards Event (Oct. 10 - Nov. 8)
    •Rotating Bonus Event (Oct. 10 - Nov. 8)
    http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/36905/welcome-to-maplestory-2#mapleEvents
    If these dates are correct then we wont get the finishing event until neeeext Monday. ;3;

Even though this is apparently the event times. Wouldn't be the first time they mixed up times, and gave us incorrect information.
    Event Duration: Monday, Oct. 15th (UTC) - Wednesday, Nov. 7th (UTC)

LuniiPosemmviiNebul
  • PosePose
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,060
    edited 8:56AM October 15, 2018
    http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/36905/welcome-to-maplestory-2#mapleEvents
    If these dates are correct then we wont get the finishing event until neeeext Monday. ;3;

Even though this is apparently the event times. Wouldn't be the first time they mixed up times, and gave us incorrect information.

Thank you. This maybe means the fishing event starts 8pm EDT Monday and not Sunday.
    Luniimmvii
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065

Thanks for that, so it might start today instead. I hope they give some fishing vouchers of compensation for those of us who wasted our time.
    Lunii9Circles
  • PosePose
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,060
    edited 9:00AM October 15, 2018
    Pose wrote: »

Thank you. This maybe means the fishing event starts 8pm EDT Monday and not Sunday.

Actually, can you link me where you found this? The maple 2 site still says 10/15 is the date for the fishing coin event.

Edit* nvm I got it. This gives hope!
  • AlfaniAlfani
    Welcome.
    I'm gonna auto in tria tonight for 30m after server reset and see if anything comes of it.
    Fingers crossed ya'll.
    LuniiPose
  • LuniiLunii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,010

Thanks for the info. It's annoying that they keep messing up event posts like this.
    TalnovaAlfaniDanDK
  • TanzyTanzy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    I really wish they would give some official word on this. They gave the event start and end times in 10 different time zones with the day of the week included with each. That is a pretty big mess up to not notice for 5 days and then not clarify for almost 24 hours since supposed start. Just a short post of "Opps! We got the date wrong sorry! Here is the correct dates: X" Would be great.
    Talnova
  • NellicakeNellicake
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/36903/update-oct-10-mapleopoly-event-and-more
    "Update (12:50 PM Oct 15): The Fishing Maple Coins was originally stated to begin on Mondays at midnight UTC. This was in error, the event begins on Tuesdays at midnight UTC. We apologize for the error. "

Alrighty! Here's the official apologize guys. I guess they made another error. I just hope I can finally fish up some coins tonight because I really want the maple mount. Cross our fingers that the rate for them isn't too small.

mmvii
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    edited 1:36PM October 15, 2018
    Whoo so I guess it starts tonight (for NA servers) then. I fished too in tria for a bit and got none before.
  • Lima3241Lima3241
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    Is this all night we can fish? Because I don’t get off of work until 8pm pacific :(
  • mmviimmvii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,995
    Lima3241 wrote: »
    Is this all night we can fish? Because I don’t get off of work until 8pm pacific :(

Yeah it should be unlimited, you can also fish while afk with auto fishing vouchers.
    Lima3241
  • Lima3241Lima3241
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 625
    mmvii wrote: »
    Lima3241 wrote: »

Yeah it should be unlimited, you can also fish while afk with auto fishing vouchers.

Thank the lord!

It’s looking like they’re going to slap us with mandatory overtime so it’s awesome news that it’s unlimited then :)

• AlfaniAlfani
    About a half an hour until server restart, and then let the fishing commence!
  • Azrael427Azrael427
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    It's working now. I have fished up 2 coins so far. Maybe you can only fish up 15 total?
    Lunii
  • AlfaniAlfani
    Seems that way. What fking bs. Only 15 coins extra a day twice a week. RIP
    TalnovaLunii
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    I feel there should be some fishing voucher compensation in order...
    TalnovaLuniiSpecks
  • LuniiLunii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,010
    edited 7:01PM October 15, 2018
    What a joke lol. So they messed up the timezones and the wording of the event.

I hope they compensate the people that wasted merets yesterday. Luckily I wasn't one of those people.
  • PexcellPexcell
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,570
    I got 2 coins while fishing for a bit today but aside from that they don't seem to be dropping at all
    they say for OCE its 10am tue-10am thurs they drop but the drop rate is very weird and not very noticable
  • SpecksSpecks
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,275
    I was paranoid so I waited until people confirmed they got anything to drop before I started trying myself...but I think those who used auto fishing during the error times should get some kind of compensation for wasting it through no fault of their own. it sucks to hear people paid merits for this as well as used up their vouchers and just lost that for no reason due to the error :/
    LuxAmari