Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Is the maple coins fishing event working?

TalnovaTalnova
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
edited 5:16PM October 14, 2018 in General Chat
Been fishing for over two hours in Henesys with no luck yet, noone else in the zone has got anything yet either.

Has anyone got maple coins from fishing yet?
PoseFrozarecatkinMoniesLuniiCariseiWanderyen

Comments

• PosePose
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,060
    Same, I've fished in Tria for 2 hours afk and got no coins. I'd like to know as well.

Spun the wheel about 250+ times and got no mount, got desperate and planning to afk fish 48 hours. Scared I won't even get any coins at this rate...
    TalnovaFrozare
  • FrozareFrozare
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 600
    I wasted fish vouchers and got nothing! If it's not working, this needs to be fixed so people don't waste their hard earned vouchers!
    TalnovaPose
  • Azrael427Azrael427
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    I also wasted a voucher on this. Really would like an update. If it's live it means its a super rare chance to get one and probably not even worth doing.
    TalnovaPoseHallangreMonies
  • PosePose
    Anyone else have an update on this?
  • HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,585
    The event is NOT working. Make alt characters and idle for additional maples.
  • LuniiLunii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,010
    According to someone on the MS2 subreddit they got coins after fishing for an hour, but didn't get any in the 3 hours that followed after that. The drop rate must be incredibly low.
  • TalnovaTalnova
    edited 4:34AM October 15, 2018
    Lunii wrote: »
    According to someone on the MS2 subreddit they got coins after fishing for an hour, but didn't get any in the 3 hours that followed after that. The drop rate must be incredibly low.

It could be 15 coins max a day, but I was fishing for 12 hours and didn't get any coins at all.
  • PosePose
    Hallangre wrote: »

Alts do not get more Maple Coins afaik.

Do you have the link to this? Couldn't find it.
  • LuniiLunii
    Pose wrote: »
    Hallangre wrote: »

Alts do not get more Maple Coins afaik.

Do you have the link to this? Couldn't find it.

Here you go.
  • PosePose
    Something doesn't seem right.... I afk fished since 8pm edt and got no coins... How did that guy get 15 in one hour?
  • LuniiLunii
    Something doesn't seem right.... I afk fished since 8pm edt and got no coins... How did that guy get 15 in one hour?

No idea. Some people in this thread are stating that the time posted on the event blog was wrong too. Lol.
  • PosePose

No idea. Some people in this thread are stating that the time posted on the event blog was wrong too. Lol.

Im guessing the guy mistook his 15 coins for his dailies. Haven't seen a single person say they got a single coin from fishing yet.
    Talnova
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    edited 7:01AM October 15, 2018
    This is a damn bummer, don't think I'm going to be able to get all the event items at this rate.
    I was really hoping fishing would give me the coins I need.
    Really wish there was another way to get these coins. Like monsters drops from ms1. Siiiiiiigh
    BakaAniki
  • PosePose
    edited 7:24AM October 15, 2018
    Alfani wrote: »
    This is a damn bummer, don't think I'm going to be able to get all the event items at this rate.
    I was really hoping fishing would give me the coins I need.
    Really wish there was another way to get these coins. Like monsters drops from ms1. Siiiiiiigh

I feel you completely. I spun the darn wheel 290 times and got no mount....

Now im willing to spend irl money to get more coins but they're not even dropping any (spent about 9 dollars of afk fishing).

What are we suppose to do? Just keep praying to rngesus? Some people ended up getting 1k coins by abusing the old mechanics (and they ended up already finishing the event). Not sure what to do at this point.

As an avid mount/trophy/insignia collector, this is stressing me out everyday. Atleast let us buy the mount with coins and not rely on rng.
  • TalnovaTalnova
    edited 7:50AM October 15, 2018
    I don't think that guy really got 15 coins considering no one else has yet, he probably just claimed his mail coins without realising it.

I wish those people claiming the date/time is wrong would quote a source :\
    Lunii
  • LuniiLunii
    Seems Nexon messed up the wording for their news post then. Again.

This is the third instance of this happening so far to my knowledge.
  • Techn0mancerTechn0mancer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    edited 8:01AM October 15, 2018
    Yeah, I basically tossed 10 dollars worth of fishing time down the drain. I auto extended all day while I was at work and came back with zero coins. Ouch.
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    edited 8:03AM October 15, 2018
    Yeah, 150 coins, when others got over 1k in less than an hour. Some bs compensation righ there maaaan.
    I have like ten 1 hour, and four 30m auto fishing vouchers, but I don't want to waste them if I'm not going to get any coins. I'd much rather put them toward lvling my fishing y'know.

I'm an ocd completionist collector myself, and if I don't get all these event items I'll be super freaking bummed out about it.
    After the crate release I decided to boycot and not spend another dime in game beyond the merits I received from the legendary founders pack.
  • PosePose
    Alfani wrote: »
    Yeah, 150 coins, when others got over 1k in less than an hour. Some bs compensation righ there maaaan.
    I have like ten 1 hour, and four 30m auto fishing vouchers, but I don't want to waste them if I'm not going to get any coins. I'd much rather put them toward lvling my fishing y'know.

I'm an ocd completionist collector myself, and if I don't get all these event items I'll be super freaking bummed out about it.
    After the crate release I decided to boycot and not spend another dime in game beyond the merits I received from the legendary founders pack.

At this point im just hoping they got the time slots wrong for the fishing event. Maybe when it's actually active, we'll be able to get a lot of coins for afk fishing.... Wishful thinking.
    Lunii
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535

Maybe it's like that Mushking GM event. Instead of giving everyone a reward, only one person can get it.
    So this guy fished up the total of 15 coins that were in the game, and now there's none left for everyone else. :D
    LuniiAlways_Hid