Learn everything about the Guilded Glory update this month from the patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45646/

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• Assassin386Assassin386
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
  • ReagonSaintPierreReagonSaintPierre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    edited 9:02AM October 14, 2018
    Meno1234 wrote: »
    Alright most of you don't understand this.

It's your DCHP fault or IP addresses, Maplestory 2 reactions very awkwardly towards that, Your DCHP or IP address resets daily which makes maplestory client freak out and give out the error 10053, I made a post called "Guy's I found a solution for error 10053" and it helped couple of people out.

Here's a link to solutions post I made and it helped people get to play the game
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/39680/guys-i-found-a-solution-to-10053-error

So if every other game works except Maplestory 2, that makes it Maplestory 2's fault. They should look into it and fix that connection issue, i paid to play this game, didn't get to play it AND now i also have to fix this myself? I think.. NOT.
    LadyPeggyAerieanaNunah
  • LadyPeggyLadyPeggy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320

It's your DCHP fault or IP addresses, Maplestory 2 reactions very awkwardly towards that, Your DCHP or IP address resets daily which makes maplestory client freak out and give out the error 10053, I made a post called "Guy's I found a solution for error 10053" and it helped couple of people out.

Here's a link to solutions post I made and it helped people get to play the game
    http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/39680/guys-i-found-a-solution-to-10053-error

Tried Both on 3 Diff Computers. Did not work Im actually getting DC every minute now... Its a server side error not a my side error.
    ReagonSaintPierreNunah
  • ManureManure
    I play on dual band wifi.

Day one, everything was fine.
    Day two, DC error.
    Day three, switched from 5G to 2.4G. Everything works again.
  • LadyPeggyLadyPeggy
    Ya was getting DC 10-20mins After this its same thanks for trying.
  • LadyPeggyLadyPeggy
    Nothing is working, Its not our ISP.
  • CarryionCarryion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    This issue has become ridiculous. I've tried all of the recommended fixes Nexon has listed, as well as the DCHP fix that Meno has posted (in all fairness, that worked for a small period of time, but eventually caused dc's every 2 hours or so. Can't bother resetting every 2 hours). I'm now disconnecting every 3-5 minutes inside a dungeon, which kicks me out and basically prevents me from completing it with the party. However, in headstart, I never had this issue.

If you're going to have this issue, either unlock dungeon re-entry gates or find a way to fix the servers. Because it doesn't make sense for the player base to accommodate an error. Especially for the people, myself included, who paid to support this game.
    LadyPeggyAerieana
  • PrimuPrimu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 825
    edited 11:40AM October 14, 2018

That's not true.

This error is vague and could be caused by many different things. There isn't one single solution to the problem.
    DHCP does not reset daily for all, by default for a lot of routers it's 7 days and can be configured to never expire.

The reason for why this does not happen in other games is other games don't require a 100% reliable connection, the connection can drop for a moment and pick back up with just a small delay in the packet being processed. MS2 kicks you if you miss a packet in all, if they change this behaviour there'd be less disconnects.
    KieAerieanaSherriMorgantheeNunah
  • NJXNJX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 11:47AM October 14, 2018
    tried all listed "solutions" , including meno's, same occurrence.

a friend of mine never dc'ed once, until he decided to buy an SSD for his laptop, now hes welcomed with error 10053 as well..
  • GalostaGalosta
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    I reinstalled the game and it worked :)
  • LadyPeggyLadyPeggy
    72 hours+ DC every time I try to log in ISP says reseting it from their side is pointless.
  • DragawnDragawn
    Just reinstalled Windows 10 because of
    If you are observing this error on Windows 10, unfortunately there’s no known solution to resolve this other than reinstalling Windows. While this error may not cause any issue for normal windows operation, this will likely cause disconnection for Maplestory 2 among other online games.

It didn't work, for all others considering trying it out: It's not worth it. Might have to roll back to Windows 7 just for Maplestory??
  • MaviscassMaviscass
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410

I tried this too. My DCHP is set to 7 days at 3am.
    I also did the ipconfig release renew thing.

i basically did everything i can find on forum.I am still disconnecting :(
  • AtlasAtlas
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,230
    didn't work, it persisted again only 5 minutes after.
  • AtlasAtlas
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,230
    edited 1:52PM October 14, 2018
    this is getting incredibly frustrating, especially during dungeons runs. dc, party defeats boss without me, i rejoin, no rewards and it counts towards my dungeon total. gj. i've tried every hotfix i could find on the forum, nothing seems to have worked.
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    This is straight up a server issue. I ordinarily play in the evening, and don't have any issues.
    Until today with my new schedule change I'm able to play during the day, and with it being a Sunday there are more people online because they don't have school.
    Such a bummer. Getting disconnected every couple of minutes, so unable to do anything. :/
  • KhozenKhozen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    So after 38 replies, with no actual "fixes" working, it would be great if we could get any kind of update on the situation!

I know right, they should update us on what's happening!

I really really hope that this gets fixed soon. I've been dying to play since October 12, when this error has started happening.
    Country Where You Reside: Canada, Toronto, Ont.
    Server: NA East
    Your Internet Service Provider: Rogers
    Wifi or Wired: Wired
  • KhozenKhozen
    Along with my last comment, I haven't been able to fix it or even play, it really sucks
  • crzybluecrzyblue
    Are you running the game as Administrator? Yes
    Are you using WIFI? No
    Is DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) enabled? No, static
    Has Windows Firewall been restored to default? Turned off
    Is your computer’s local time in sync?yes
    Do you use WINDOWS 10?yes
    Have you experienced similar symptom on other games or applications?no

I did manage to fix my issue by doing the following:
    1. Copied the library directory to the desktop (leaving the original behind because it will get removed in the process of this).
    2. Changed the game install location in the launcher to c:/program files (x86)/Nixon/library
    3. Uninstalled maplestory 2 from the launcher
    4. Restarted the launcher completely.
    5. Started the install of maple story 2 (since you have a copy of the installation on the desktop from step 1 you don’t need to let it install completely, just start it
    6. Pause the download
    7. Quit the launcher completely
    8. Overwrite the maple2 directory with the copy you have on the desktop
    9. Launch the game!

I haven’t disconnected is 6 hours since doing this.
  • CarryionCarryion
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    I don't understand how Nexon lets this go on for so long, even when it occurred during Mushking. It certainly isn't my side (internet has been solid for years and stable in all other games except here), so they need to fix the game.