Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

My TOP 9 Issues with Maplestory 2

mirta000mirta000
MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,270
in General Chat

Everyone knows that Maplestory 2 is awesome. It's at the top of the Steam charts and the Joddy squad add campaign is going strong. So I thought, let's talk about everything that is wrong and that could use being fixed ASAP.

My "Too long, didn't listen" shortened list:
9. Horribly annoying pushing for Joddy squad, that is still hand picked and still only contains streamers and not actual community people.
I have more respect for someone with great User Generated Creation skills, house builders that we look up to and top guilds than I do for
your every day streamer people that will push the game like their life depended on it. They're walking adds, they do not provide feedback.
And that's the wrong way to go about the longterm survival of your game.

8. RNG gear. Especially trying to RNG your first purple from a normal dungeon.

7. Priest and Knight Offhand not giving gear score, therefore having support classes resort in equipping ninja throwing stars to get into dungeons.

6. Style boxes. Especially the fact that common drops are not purchaseable and that the regular store is abandoned in favour of them.
You can not get style crates with red merrets.

5. Unprofessional communication that is sometimes just wrong.

The most recent wrong thing coming out of Nexon is the fact that the new event requires you to pop 30 balloons to get a cape.
That is not true. The game tells you that it is 60.

4. Exploits are fixed, but exploiters are never punished. Most recent untested event was maple monopoly. You would spend 3 daily tokens
to roll your dice once, however when you would pass a full circle, you would get 15 back. This was changed 1 hour into the game, however both
me, my guildmates and lots of other people managed to outright make the event pointless by just finishing it in a day. Same as orb + block
exploit during mushking royale, exploiting is just not discouraged.

3. Fair fight. Fair fight is currently downscaling level 60 players, the ones that only really got a few attribute points from leveling up,
as no level 60 gear or content exist yet, so harshly, that they're worse off than those that are currently level 50. This is making hard
dungeons extra hard. I am a big believer in fair fight being required in the game, but currently it is very obviously tuned wrong.

2. User Generated Content ripping and inaction from Nexon. Players rip popular designs from one region and sell it on the other regions and
despite getting reported many times, original creator having proof that they made it and Nexon assuring us that something will be done,
nothing has been done since early access day 1.

1. Various log in and disconnect issues. This is shout out to people such as those in the "can't login to launcher - google account issues"
topic. Some of these people have been stuck being unable to log in for 5 days now. While these issues do not plague me, or even the majority
I think it is important to solve these things in a timely matter. And currently it's not being solved.

Now what does everyone think are the major problems that should be fixed ASAP?
ShawnyyFantasykittenDanDKGricelyLuniiNunahHeartdonorBakaAnikiNikynoonooVerloand 2 others.

Comments

• idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    The UGC store needs to be fixed, people are being paid for copyrighted things, inappropriate things, and ripped files.
    That should be their #1 priority, especially since there's now a flat out on a shirt in NA East.
    mirta000FantasykittenRyia_ArcherArkivesHeartdonorPoisoIritoki
  • ZeroGravigaZeroGraviga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,065
    Number 3 made me laugh a bit since you were the person fighting the hardest for fair fight to stay as it was. I guess you got what you wanted and have to deal with it now.
    Verlo
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    Why even give my codex a gear score if it doesnt help! D:
    mirta000FantasykittenNunahBebop
  • mirta000mirta000
    Number 3 made me laugh a bit since you were the person fighting the hardest for fair fight to stay as it was. I guess you got what you wanted and have to deal with it now.

1. Level 60 content was never tested
    2. Hard dungeons and raids were supposed to be excluded
    3. Like I said in the video, I still want it to stay in normal leveling dungeons :P
    FantasykittenxFragileDreamsx
  • FantasykittenFantasykitten
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,610
    thank you for making this video! i 99.99& agree with you on it!

an this to me is just the tip of the ice berg there a many many more problems currently.
    many who seems to have been forgotten or just swept under the rug in hope the comunity completly forgets about them

alort of thise problems where problems from day 1 of CBT1..
    not only that but many concerns an wishes stemming from CBT1 seems to be agien either forgotten or swept under the rug
    or just plainly ignored.

ofcouse the 2 biggest issues

1. the masive amount of ripped an inaporitate ugc content just he other day i saw a pedobear cape :/

2. an most of all the disgusting predatory style boxes.
    most of us who played beta an such where lead to belive that all style items an such whould be up for sale directly on the meret market. even in beta we where testing this an had the option to buy outright many of thise items

not only that but looking tough some of the post on the webside regardiing this gives the impression that this whas the case too
    an that they were looking for feedback on the store....i have not seen a single post duing beta asking for thise style boxes. so i am not sure what exactly the beta whas for when they plain out have ignored all feedback.

additionaly the news about style boxes as far as i can see whas first anounced on october 3? (please correct me if i am wrong)
    this is long after most people have bought the founders pack. i think if alort of people me included whould not have bought thise packs if we knew the game whas comming out with thise style boxes. an i don't belive for a second that nexon dident know for months that they whould be put in the game.. you don't just make buissness dissions from one week to the other.
    mirta000DanDKVerloIritoki
  • ArkivesArkives
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    The UGC store needs to be fixed, people are being paid for copyrighted things, inappropriate things, and ripped files.
    That should be their #1 priority, especially since there's now a flat out on a shirt in NA East.

Not just that, but people stealing the original designs of others and reselling them on the UGC store of East and West, I think the UGC store should be universal to prevent re-selling.
    mirta000Iritoki
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,895
    Agree wholeheartedly. Most problematic is the Fair fight issue, which DEVs have decided to ignore lol.
    mirta000NikynoonooNunahVerlo
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    It's me from reddit I got to say on a side note the biggest issue is communication because if we don't have that nothing else stands a chance at being fixed.
    mirta000
  • SecretiveSecretive
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 660
    Dungeon Limit
    Drop Rate
    Fair Fight

Just pick 2 and get rid of them and we're fine.
    ShawnyyVerloPiliken
  • ZeresZeres
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,010
    Dungeon Limit and maybe have certain day or months where we have a server where we can interact between west and east coast would be nice. Everything else is pretty good. Its a game that and also a business. They want us to keep coming back thus the style box and RNG component and it is fine as long as they do not blow it out of proportion. Maybe in the future they will have content like Zakum where it will have really hard mechanics and we will get a static drop. Hoping to see what is in store. Add more stuff in the merit store. I want to spend my merits!
  • LuniiLunii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,010
    UGC and disconnection issues need to be fixed, definitely.
  • mirta000mirta000
    I got Nexon employee replying to me about #2 on steam. I feel like if anyone has a report about ripped content that is over 10 days old with no action having taken place, you should report it there.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/560380/discussions/0/3145094199301689558/
  • AlaskanDruidAlaskanDruid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    #7 for priests no longer exists. I bought a throwing star as a priest and can no longer equip it.
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,110
    edited 7:46PM October 15, 2018
    They are just trying to do tooo much, way too much. They wanna make it non p2w yet make sure people can’t 1 hit bosses but at the same time Taylor to the casual and make the game slower in a way that both the hardcore players and casual players are satisfied as well as make money? Did I get it right?

Yeah no. U can’t do all that at once it just doesn’t work because then I get the show we got now. A daily AND weekly dungeon limit? Like the ? That makes no sense if u gonna cap it at 30 a week then to hell with the daily cap. If u got a daily cap then why the hell we got a weekly cap?

Then the life skills is another beauty. What on gods earth have them the idea of making a farming a killing type of system that is completely unreadable? The entire game is literally 80%+ unreadable and some of which u can’t even dismantle. U literally gotta sell it to an NPC for like 10k mesos? (Maybe 2 white potions lol thanks). Then if not sell it just drop it like a used candy wrapper you found in your pocket.

Cmon guys pick a direction and go that way. Don’t try to go every single direction al at once. Ur trying to make a league of legends system ( cosmetics only game) yet there’s no double exp pots, no double mesos pots. And no way to even farm mesos so the double mesos pot would be useless anyways... sadness
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Wait a tick... Did he just suggest that Nexon doesnt do enough to discourage exploiter's then in the next sentence say how he exploited maple-opoly... Thats a bold move Cotton...
  • XenophobiaXenophobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 990
    Khalyk wrote: »
    Wait a tick... Did he just suggest that Nexon doesnt do enough to discourage exploiter's then in the next sentence say how he exploited maple-opoly... Thats a bold move Cotton...

It wasn't an exploit, it was an oversight on nexons part. The original design was supposed to give 15 coins for a trip, but they didn't realize how much that actually was.

So those people who got a shitton of coins early on were just following orders
  • ConsolableConsolable
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,235
    hard dungeons are extra hard?
  • mirta000mirta000
    Khalyk wrote: »

Yes. Why? Because Nexon doesn't ban exploiters, just fixes exploits. They don't even do roll backs. If they ever change their mind on his, I will be happy, but untill then, if you see an exploit, abuse it.
    #7 for priests no longer exists. I bought a throwing star as a priest and can no longer equip it.

do you know does your offhand give GS now? I heard that it got reported as a bug, so hoping that both got fixed at the same time. Also the reason why I dated the video, as I'm kind of hoping that all points will receive changes.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,395
    edited 1:08AM October 16, 2018
    mirta000 wrote: »

do you know does your offhand give GS now? I heard that it got reported as a bug, so hoping that both got fixed at the same time. Also the reason why I dated the video, as I'm kind of hoping that all points will receive changes.

codex's still dont give gear score.
    mirta000
  • mirta000mirta000
    http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/37446/producer-blog-state-of-the-game-week-1

so far 7# partially fixed, 6# is fully changed (thank you Nexon, this makes me very happy!!), 1# and 3# got updated. Thank you for taking feedback guys :)