Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Priest BOTs swarming in lvl 50 normal dungeons !!!

ShuangHuaShuangHua
MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
in Suggestions and Feedback
I am start faceing with a lots of Priest BOTs in lvl 50 dgs. Can you guys do something against them pls? Also saw a mage bot when i was lvling my alt. That mage BOT was doing dungeons as wel -,-
I hope you guys are take a look on the reports what the players makeing in game, cause this is sooo bad. From 100 run i have at least 80 times priest bot or more then 1 bot in my pt. -,- I start reloging when i see any priest in pt. No matter BOt or not. got tired of them.
Ardawn

Comments

• Classic_SteelClassic_Steel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,335
    edited 2:45PM October 14, 2018
    Dont see the problem. If they are healing who cares if they are bots or not. Some for bot mages if they do dmg and are attacking the boss idc normal dungeons take 7 minutes its ez. Who cares if a bot helps you win it or not. And if you have a problem with this then just solo the normal dungeons they are very simple and down scaled when solo
  • ShuangHuaShuangHua
    They not healing at all. they doing wierd things, and they just walk on boss aoe all the time and keepinsta die. They dont know how to dodge and heal other players. They not even heal themself that often as they should, so they keep dieing. in 1 run they count like 10-20 deaths. If u have 1 in ur pt the dg take way longer then it should. Poorly programed AI...
    Dont get me wrong tho. Bots in hard dungeons could be a big problem cause some dungeons have certain jobs classes need to do. But in normal dungeons bots aren't really a problem as long as they are attacking or healing
    Oh ok. So they dont do anything ok that's a problem
    Rezi
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    There's so many bots queueing now, that three of the eight dungeon runs I did yesterday contained party members that were all bots.
    They're not completely useless, you can kind of faceroll against 1500 GS dungeon bosses as a Priest. But man having three Priests macro spamming hurts your clear times compared to just having 4 DPS.
    Hosu
  • ShuangHuaShuangHua
    There's so many bots queueing now, that three of the eight dungeon runs I did yesterday contained party members that were all bots.
    They're not completely useless, you can kind of faceroll against 1500 GS dungeon bosses as a Priest. But man having three Priests macro spamming hurts your clear times compared to just having 4 DPS.

I am totaly agree with you. Brainless AI BOTs are not useful in lvl 50 dgs at all. Problem is even if u can face tank those bosses, it is require some basic mechanism where to go and when to go. For the ice dg, where the boss jumping around, bots not jumping on boss to travel with them. So you can count -1 player, but it is the same with other dungeons. Main problem is, if there are like 1000 BOT doing lvl 50 dg every day, it massivly effect on the economy. They farm meso for selling it to players, so item price will rise cause too much meso stacking up in game in players hands.

I am playing with MMOs over 12 years and i could see how the botters destroyed the economy in every games.

To be honest, if i can do a normal dungeon in less then 4 min, then why should i waste 8-10 min on it while i have other chars as well, or i wana spend my free time on other useful stuffs and not on "HELPING" carry the goldseller companys BOT army.
    ShayarahlaSonnenlicht
  • ShayarahlaShayarahla
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,170
    edited 6:59AM October 15, 2018
    Dont see the problem. If they are healing who cares if they are bots or not. Some for bot mages if they do dmg and are attacking the boss idc normal dungeons take 7 minutes its ez. Who cares if a bot helps you win it or not. And if you have a problem with this then just solo the normal dungeons they are very simple and down scaled when solo

You should get banned for this post alone, very dangerous mindstate to house & you clearly havent read the ToS you were asked to read if youre inadvertently encouraging botters

The fight against botters is not an easy one, so have a bit of understanding for Nexon's side. Just do your part, give a detailed report of every incident & every player you encounter that in your eyes is doing this and wait. People often oversimplify the difficulties handling such complex tasks entails. The game has just launched, Nexon is clearly very critical at the moment in terms of rule breaking and preventing it, give them the space & time to do their job
    SyrusMarufujiJozarSonnenlicht
  • RiLeuRiLeu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    We need a vote kick function to kick bots out of the party.
    Sonnenlicht
  • ChupacChupac
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550

Yea botters definitely aren't a source of meso sellers that hurts the economy of the game lol
    SyrusMarufuji
  • MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,145
    RiLeu wrote: »

Im not sure, but I think you can kick if you do /kick username. I can't remember where I heard it from through and never tested it.
  • Soreph9Soreph9
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 705
    Welcome to a failed character progres system.
    Many people do it because without an epic weapon they are stagnant and currently they are worth more than 18M.v
  • ShuangHuaShuangHua

I am totaly agree with you. Brainless AI BOTs are not useful in lvl 50 dgs at all. Problem is even if u can face tank those bosses, it is require some basic mechanism where to go and when to go. For the ice dg, where the boss jumping around, bots not jumping on boss to travel with them. So you can count -1 player, but it is the same with other dungeons. Main problem is, if there are like 1000 BOT doing lvl 50 dg every day, it massivly effect on the economy. They farm meso for selling it to players, so item price will rise cause too much meso stacking up in game in players hands.

I am playing with MMOs over 12 years and i could see how the botters destroyed the economy in every games.

To be honest, if i can do a normal dungeon in less then 4 min, then why should i waste 8-10 min on it while i have other chars as well, or i wana spend my free time on other useful stuffs and not on "HELPING" carry the goldseller companys BOT army.

I face 2 priest bot in a dungeon today. A 4th guy assasin just left at minibosses when he realise they are bots. I went AFk and let the bots clear the rest of the Tronix Bunker. :D
    At the end i used all EMP on boss cause they were open up. Clear time almost 40 min with some help on minibosses as EMP and on main boss too. :D
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,680
    RiLeu wrote: »

There actually is a vote to kick. I'm not sure if it's new or if it was always there, but I just noticed it recently. I use it whenever I see a bot in my party, the problem is that the other 2 players don't always vote. I just leave the party myself if the vote to kick doesn't pass though.
  • NikynoonooNikynoonoo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,655
    edited 1:13PM October 21, 2018
    It always hurts me when I see the priest is a bot as a knight I want them badly.
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    edited 2:29PM October 21, 2018
    There are some games where botting ironically benefits the game, like RuneScape's Grand Exchange turning into a supermarket, making resources insanely cheap and thus making skilling much easier. This further benefits Jagex itself because it makes it easier for free players to earn the gold needed to buy the membership sold in the GE by players that originally buy it with real money from the company.

The problem is that such situations are incredibly rare. Now, to be fair, there's so much to do in MS2 that even now you're lucky to get a good team for a dungeon, let alone the queuing we'll have to deal with in 2019. So theoretically having competent AIs could help us. However, the bots flooding the game right now aren't competent - they're extremely basic, and they make me wonder what noobs would dare to make AIs this basic in 2018.

I should be clear - I don't support botting. I'm just saying that any possible argument anyone could have to support botting in this game is absolutely wrong just by the sheer fact that the botters in this game are too stupid to design bots that actually work the way they're supposed to.
  • ShuangHuaShuangHua
    Rezi wrote: »
    There are some games where botting ironically benefits the game, like RuneScape's Grand Exchange turning into a supermarket, making resources insanely cheap and thus making skilling much easier. This further benefits Jagex itself because it makes it easier for free players to earn the gold needed to buy the membership sold in the GE by players that originally buy it with real money from the company.

The problem is that such situations are incredibly rare. Now, to be fair, there's so much to do in MS2 that even now you're lucky to get a good team for a dungeon, let alone the queuing we'll have to deal with in 2019. So theoretically having competent AIs could help us. However, the bots flooding the game right now aren't competent - they're extremely basic, and they make me wonder what noobs would dare to make AIs this basic in 2018.

I should be clear - I don't support botting. I'm just saying that any possible argument anyone could have to support botting in this game is absolutely wrong just by the sheer fact that the botters in this game are too stupid to design bots that actually work the way they're supposed to.

Those ppls make this crap AI bots, who do not wana spend months to develop a good AI, cause they have to invest hundreds of hours and at the end as you noticed the goldselelr spammers msg was like this: 4$ / 1 mil at headstart, and now 1$/mil. A bit math:
    priest BOT getting 2 wep + 1 armor + 0,5 accessory / dg.
    60 wep + 30 armor + 15 accessory what is worth (before drop event) around: 3,15 mil Meso +/-
    and if they get epic gear... Hell noooo -,-
    Ofc not so much, but just count. There are hundreds of BOT doing it for 3 days at least after weakly reset.
    3*24 hrs * 60 min / 7 min avarage clear time... If they run only on 1 PC. Thise BOTs usualy running by companys or small groupp of ppls, so multiple PC.

This is still not that bad, compare to the clientless BOTs, where the Botter able to run hundreds of BOT on 1 single crap PC. :/

I bet thise BOTs will die out from game within 1-2 month max. Reason is most of a player alredy get 6-8 char for hard dungeons, so BOTs have to play with themslef and according to my test, where i had 2 priest BOT in my pt and i let them clear Tronix bunker for me, took them almost 40 min with a little help cause i got bored on watching them and i wanted to do other stuffs. Wont bee enough efficient and effective to run them with the Meso / USD ratio. :D
    Plus i still did not calculate with the BANN hammer on they azz, so they have to create new account, lvl up new crap.
  • ShuangHuaShuangHua
    Mehh.. Since game is full of Priest BOTs in Tronix Bunker, when i queue with my low priest there, ppls start kicking me cause for them all priest now are BOT. WTF :D
    Even i was using the EMPs, and was hard job to keep alive they fail lvl 60 chars. I sware, FD is way easyer with Priest then Tronix bunker with thise nub players. -,-
    Hardly ever make any run w/o ppls die at least once on blue dg. :D They have no clue about they char skills, how to dodge, what is the "mechanism" at all. :(

Hope thise ppls never get 2,1K GS to waste other ppls time. :/