Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Game Won't Start After Hitting Play Button

MushmomMushmom
MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
in Tech Support
Whenever I'm trying to press play from the nexon launcher, the circle spins beside play and the button switches to currently in game then instantly goes back to play without opening maplestory 2. I'm assuming it might have to do something with black cipher as nothing pops up about it.

Thanks
ZagashiPri1mleguLilD19

Comments

• Pri1mPri1m
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    i have the same problem
    MushmomLilD19
  • CrystalDarkCrystalDark
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    same here
    its annoying since i reinstall the game twice and ran it through comparability with windows 7 and 8 and still nothing works
    Mushmom
  • ZagashiZagashi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 530
    I'm the same here, I also reinstalled it, and nothing.
    Don't know what else to do.
    Mushmom
  • WillbyWillby
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    I too am having this problem, and also sometimes get Error E2300104
    Mushmom
  • FirebirdEternalFirebirdEternal
    Yeah, I'm getting the same problem, if I try to launch the game it instant-closes with a flash of a black screen and no error message, I've tried both steam and nexon launcher versions, meaning I've had to download and try to play this twice with no results. Good luck to ya'll who still care, I'm going to delete all this garbage and go do something else
    Mushmom
  • MushmomMushmom
    I contacted the support team and they provided me with a couple solutions possibly to the problem and it might work for some people, but it did not work for me.

The following is a list of solutions for the most common issues our player's experience (These guidelines can be found in our Nexon Technical Support Help Center).

Performance Issues:

Recommended Specifications – Please verify that you are playing our game at the minimum stated requirements.
    Video issues – Graphical or slow down issues often are accompanied by out of date video drivers.
    Repair the Nexon Launcher – At times, it will be necessary to update the Nexon Launcher to achieve optimal performance and avoid issues.
    Clean Boot – Some programs may be affecting the game performance. This might not be a solution but it is a good troubleshooting step to make sure a program is not the cause of the problem.

Connection Issues:

Release/renew IP and Flush DNS – This will grant you a new connection after clearing all cache information.
    Better Wired than Wireless – Depending on where your router is located, it is always better a wired connection than a Wireless connection.
    If these solutions did not solve your issue, please send us a DxDiag in order to further troubleshoot your issue.
    Few more items that will help us better determine your problem would be a process list, a Netalyzer and a traceroute.

• ZagashiZagashi
    edited 12:09PM October 11, 2018
    I finally fixed the problem and finally I can play YAY!!
    In my case was my Nvidia driver, I unistalled it and downloaded again with the latest version.
    That worked for me.
    Mushmom
  • MushmomMushmom
    Zagashi wrote: »
    In my case was my Nvidia driver, I unistalled it and downloaded again with the latest version.
    That worked for me.
    Glad everything is working for you and hope you're enjoying the game!

I tried this and still getting the problem, oh well I'll keep fiddling around with it or wait for nexon to reply to my ticket, thanks though :)
  • ZagashiZagashi
    Mushmom wrote: »
    Zagashi wrote: »
    That worked for me.
    Glad everything is working for you and hope you're enjoying the game!

I tried this and still getting the problem, oh well I'll keep fiddling around with it or wait for nexon to reply to my ticket, thanks though :)

Well before, after trying countles of times to get in the game,
    I had other problem, but even when I fixed that, I couldn't play, so I didn't mentioned. And I got a windows notification just once of those times.
    error%20maplestory.jpg
    Then I followed up a tutorial on youtube named "an administrator has blocked you from running this app". But first make shure that that is your problem, looking for the file "mmc.exe" and check if is bloqued, it had a shield of windows on the icon.

I don't know I did a lot of things, maybe the combination of everything was the problem in my case.
    I put this, because maybe it can help someone.

I hope you can find your solution soon and can enjoy the game.
    Mushmom
  • MushmomMushmom
    Another update for a possible solution:

I was looking through my event viewer log and saw there was a problem with Maplestory 2 with a source of error from "SideBySide". Clicking it shows its something wrong with the file Microsoft.VC90.MFC which after a quick google is probably with visual studios (Visual C++) library when installing so Im gonna try and fiddle with that and see if it solves the problem.

01f97ee34a.png
  • Pri1mPri1m
    for some reason on my laptop the game works fine but not on my PC
    Mushmom
  • MushmomMushmom
    AYYYYYYYYY I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My laptop has two program files folders in the C: drive, one has x86 in the folder name and the other is just regular Program Files. I moved my launcher to the regular program files folder from the x86 one and had to redownload the game.

I also uninstalled both Visual Studio C++ 2008 files from the Add/Remove program tool but I doubt that was the cause as I have done it already a couple times but I just did it again to double check.

I believe this is due to x86 being for 32 bit system while it was downloading the visual studio c++ for a 64 bit system.

XnCreed
  • Meno1234Meno1234
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
    edited 3:03PM October 13, 2018
    Guy's just use the steam client to play the game :/

And when you launch the game with the steam client then it gonna ask for your nexon account, so your progress will be saved
    Mushmom
  • XnCreedXnCreed
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 330
    edited 5:24PM October 13, 2018
    AYYYYYYYYY I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My laptop has two program files folders in the C: drive, one has x86 in the folder name and the other is just regular Program Files. I moved my launcher to the regular program files folder from the x86 one and had to redownload the game.

I also uninstalled both Visual Studio C++ 2008 files from the Add/Remove program tool but I doubt that was the cause as I have done it already a couple times but I just did it again to double check.

I believe this is due to x86 being for 32 bit system while it was downloading the visual studio c++ for a 64 bit system.

Which visual studio c++ did you delete? both x86 and x64?

Edit: Unfortunately this did not work for me. I press the play button and it shows the security logo at the bottom and then the play button doesn't say in game. After like a second it says currently in game but nothing pops up.
    Mushmom
  • MushmomMushmom
    XnCreed wrote:

Edit: Unfortunately this did not work for me. I press the play button and it shows the security logo at the bottom and then the play button doesn't say in game. After like a second it says currently in game but nothing pops up.

Are you running maplestory as an administrator? (Right click the Maplestory 2 application in windows explorer, click properties then press compatibility and tick the "Run this program as an administrator" in the Settings heading)

Is Maplestory 2 allowed through the firewall?
    I heard there was problems with Nvidia dedicated graphics cards as well so if possible might have to run maplestory 2 off the integrated graphics card as well.
  • XnCreedXnCreed
    XnCreed wrote:

Are you running maplestory as an administrator? (Right click the Maplestory 2 application in windows explorer, click properties then press compatibility and tick the "Run this program as an administrator" in the Settings heading)

Is Maplestory 2 allowed through the firewall?
    I heard there was problems with Nvidia dedicated graphics cards as well so if possible might have to run maplestory 2 off the integrated graphics card as well.

Yes all of those things i've done. Still nothing. I'll just keep poking around.
    Mushmom
  • ArthediseArthedise
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    edited 7:45PM October 14, 2018
    For those that still have this Problem this might be a solution for you

1: Right click on your screen and click "NIVDIA control panel"
    2: Click on Manage 3D settings
    3: click on Program Settings
    4: Find Maplestory 2 and click on it (tab under"Select a program to customize")
    5: and click on the tab under "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program"
    6: Click "Integrated Graphics" then click Apply at the bottom right
    7: restart the game and it should work then

I Hope this will help some of you with the Problem. it surly helped me
    Mushmom
  • HighSteaksHighSteaks
    Still same problem here, tried every solution I could find across these forums, reddit and google and have been banging my head on this since the game was released and nothing seems to fix it. I was able to run the game on my older windows 7 computer but now that computer has stopped recognizing all usb ports all at once so I can't play it on there lol. I'm on windows 10 with a gtx 1070, and my computer doesn't have integrated graphics so I wasn't able to try that solution.
    XnCreed
  • XnCreedXnCreed
    edited 12:01AM October 15, 2018
    Arthedise wrote: »
    For those that still have this Problem this might be a solution for you

1: Right click on your screen and click "NIVDIA control panel"
    2: Click on Manage 3D settings
    3: click on Program Settings
    4: Find Maplestory 2 and click on it (tab under"Select a program to customize")
    5: and click on the tab under "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program"
    6: Click "Integrated Graphics" then click Apply at the bottom right
    7: restart the game and it should work then

I Hope this will help some of you with the Problem. it surly helped me

I don't see that option to select the preferred graphic processor in my nvidia control panel. Neither is the option to add it under the desktop tab.

Edit: that option is only for laptops it seems. I'm on desktop.
  • Pri1mPri1m
    nothing workt for me :c