Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

The Struggle of Thieving

CeZhenCeZhen
MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
in General Chat
Anyone else gets rejected into any hard parties as soon as they know you're a thief? even though im at 4k GS/4k ATK and 200 phys resist and magic resist. I know I deal a great amount of DPS and also does not die unless its a new dungeon (learning phase). Any idea on how we can turn this Thief hate around, my fellow thief mains?
Shawnyy

Comments

• lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    Nothing we can do on our end. The image of "this class brings nothing even when played well compared to other classes" would have to change to other people. That won't change until we get our awakening some time hopefully next year. Until then we have to pray we don't get kicked for not being on an easier class or find friends to play with that we know won't kick us.
  • CeZhenCeZhen
    lillucario wrote: »
    Nothing we can do on our end. The image of "this class brings nothing even when played well compared to other classes" would have to change to other people. That won't change until we get our awakening some time hopefully next year. Until then we have to pray we don't get kicked for not being on an easier class or find friends to play with that we know won't kick us.

Bless
  • AnomaletixAnomaletix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    what if thieves got a life steal ability, acting something like poison edge or whatever it is but it has lifesteal
  • lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    Lifesteal would help them survive but that isn't really their main issue. It's more of we have to constantly keep up with every one of our 5-7 skills just to do barely comparable damage to some of the classes which really only have to worry about 2-3 skills. That mixed in with the lowest range and being somewhat squishy just adds to the issue.
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,680
    If you're already being kicked from (not so) "hard" dungeons now, imagine the struggle once we have chaos raids which have timers.
  • SkyCalleRSkyCalleR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
    edited 10:09AM October 13, 2018
    if you having trouble finding a party your free to join me up on hard dungeons, since i never rejected anyone ;)

Im priest main, Since im used to chase around all classes to heal them up i dont rly feel its any diff, its more about the playing style, even if those who play the OP damage dealers they can suck so badly and take hits they could so easily dodge just because they know i woulda chase them around the world to heal them xD
  • CeZhenCeZhen
    SkyCalleR wrote: »
    if you having trouble finding a party your free to join me up on hard dungeons, since i never rejected anyone ;)

Im priest main, Since im used to chase around all classes to heal them up i dont rly feel its any diff, its more about the playing style, even if those who play the OP damage dealers they can suck so badly and take hits they could so easily dodge just because they know i woulda chase them around the world to heal them xD

I cri , Ty for caring #thieflifesmatter
    MoQa_BianQa
  • CakeKunCakeKun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    edited 10:51AM October 13, 2018
    I've actually seen another post like this (Just more in outrage and so). I haven't finished leveling my thief yet, but it's a little worrying to know what lies ahead in finishing my character. I think a GM has replied to that post, but uh...it's not going so well.
  • CakeKunCakeKun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    I've actually seen another post like this (Just more in outrage and so). I haven't finished leveling my thief yet, but it's a little worrying to know what lies ahead in finishing my character. I think a GM has replied to that post, but uh...it's not going so well.
  • KozyKozy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    F in chat for us thief mains

#thieflivesmatter
  • KozyKozy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    CakeKun wrote: »

I've seen it too, they locked the thread. In the end they did say that they are looking at thief performance. I would go ahead and get your thief to 50 anyway! Wont hurt, plus its another character you can do dailies or so depending on how much you dungeon in the game.
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    It's an uber casual game and people are scared of mechanics, even if someone else has to do them.
    People just don't want to do anything except hold down one button for 5 minutes and collect their loot.
  • EnerruEnerru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Hm, maybe the hate will die, from my understanding theifs out dps every other class, it just needs to be played right
  • LissomLissom
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    being a 4k gs thief main myself, i actually haven't experienced any bias against my class yet. i'm honestly surprised, but given how easy current content is it doesn't really matter right now anyways.
  • NahoNaho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,850
    Lissom wrote: »
    being a 4k gs thief main myself, i actually haven't experienced any bias against my class yet. i'm honestly surprised, but given how easy current content is it doesn't really matter right now anyways.

Wait till the dps meter work in 10 man and then ppl see your dps way to low when they can't clear the chaos raid. Unless you're really good , then .... you know. Anyway nexon is aware of how bad thief is in pve and they are probably working on a balance , just give it time.
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,110
    I just wanted to drop in and point out that I have stated this several times in many sections and even gave comprehensive change suggestions that go unlistened go. The simple fact is the clsss is just weak base damage wise compared to the other classes for absolutely no reason. I’m theory is should be doing the most damage because of all the other disadvantages it has such as the lot range and low survivability and many other reasons. But this is not a theoretically logical game. This is just a slapped together game of random classes in some random orders that seem like good ideas and are just left at that. Good ideas. They said they are looking into buffing it but tbh they won’t fix a damn thing.

Take for example the skill tree. Why is it that in Korea it costs 3 points into mind.breaker to get vicious cuts vs here u need 5 into it to get vicious cuts? If you ask the devs why it’s more in here or why it was raised from 3 they probably have not a single clue as to why but it’s there so yeah. This is the slapped together nature I am talking about.
  • HallangreHallangre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,585
    I've experienced this kind of issue back in Everquest and Ragnarok Online. The popularity of the aforementioned disposition didn't change for a long time in both instances and the class in question was inevitably buffed (for better or worse). The unfortunate truth is in any game that has a 'meta' of some kind you'll only find people slapping that calculator and not remembering how touch it was to find groups to progress with in the first place.

Attitudes like this in Destiny 2 don't last- as most raiders find shortcomings in the group as something to solve or cheese.