Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

RuneBlade seems very OP

Meno1234Meno1234
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
in Classes
I'm playing as a runeblade and for starters, When you start as a runeblade you have abilities which can destroy enemies in seconds, Which I find it kind of... Not broken but... Just unbalanced for the other older classes, I know It may not concern certain players.

Comments

• EnekaEneka
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Need to be static,that is a problem...whit bosses running
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
    Id say it trades off with being semi-squishy. Also Eneka's comment about how bosses...tend to move. RB does best DPS while sitting in one spot.
  • astronotastronot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 330
    They're amazing against mobs but only decent against bosses, which is 90% of the game. Plus they squishy
  • TzeentchTzeentch
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    oh god not these post...
  • WooberWoober
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Maybe you're just bad at the other classes?

This is POST NERF Rune Blader btw. They were MUCH stronger when they first released in KMS2.

You probably wouldn't complain if you saw what it was like before they got nerfed.
  • Meno1234Meno1234
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,205
    edited 3:56PM October 12, 2018
    Woober wrote: »
    Maybe you're just bad at the other classes?

This is POST NERF Rune Blader btw. They were MUCH stronger when they first released in KMS2.

You probably wouldn't complain if you saw what it was like before they got nerfed.

I'm not bad as any other classes, other classes are easy to understand, And I know how runebladers were very op when they released in kms2 and they still are pretty op, You can wipe mobs in seconds, I did play other classes and they are good, they have they have pros and cons.
    And I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious of them still being op.
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    Nah there not op. If anything they are very clunky and its weird that I push out more dps on my knight then I do my runeblader lol.
  • LucisLucis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    Do you think so? honestly I think that the Runeblade on the bottom(not the worse but certainly at the bottom)

I don't maybe I'm playing wrong but everything I do as a Runeblader is harder than with other classes(excluding Thief obviously)
  • FriagneFriagne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    edited 9:17AM October 14, 2018
    Literally every class in the game destroys enemies in seconds in the first levels of the game. Its nothing to do with Runeblade which is actually kind of low DPS.
  • Rune_BladerRune_Blader
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    I can solo bosses on my priest if I have the time. I am tied to the amount of potions I have to how well my Runeblader does. Bosses tend to a move a lot so it gets kinda old. I am hoping the whole melee and magic kicks in by 50 because at 31 I am just a melee class with an over priced , low DPS ranged attack, and a trap that does not do a whole lot.
  • ShenRyujinShenRyujin
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,395
    edited 1:39PM October 14, 2018
    maybe for like low lvl enemies but tbh later on my knight feels more of a dps than my runeblader because they lack fluid movement while attacking compared to other warriors or basically consistent damage. i mean they arent the worst but they are far from the best class in my opinion.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,800
    edited 9:52AM October 19, 2018
    Lucis wrote: »
    Do you think so? honestly I think that the Runeblade on the bottom(not the worse but certainly at the bottom)

I don't maybe I'm playing wrong but everything I do as a Runeblader is harder than with other classes(excluding Thief obviously)
    My runeblade with blue gear kills faster than my HG in epics and its much easier to play. Use lightning and don't use echoing storm
  • BatislackBatislack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,805

My runeblade with blue gear kills faster than my HG in epics and its much easier to play. Use lightning and don't use echoing storm
    What? How? I'm sorry but if your epic gear Heavy Gunner is having trouble killing faster than any class in blue gear, you are doing something very wrong.
    BebopDefraglife
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,090
    Comparing my Level 37 Assassin to level 38 RB...Sin actually goes through monsters faster, although I tend to run and scream a little when my HP is low due to ranged vs melee. Numbers for the two and their main attacks/rotations are about even with the exception of Runeblade's Storm Impact, but the cooldown also balances out the higher damage from the skill. RB also has the better weapon of the two, so I'd say...not OP still. Very squishy for a STR based class :P
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,800
    edited 8:16AM October 20, 2018
    Batislack wrote: »

What? How? I'm sorry but if your epic gear Heavy Gunner is having trouble killing faster than any class in blue gear, you are doing something very wrong.

Never said I had trouble killing anything on my HG runeblade just have more mobility and less down time which mean it gets around faster to kill stuff but thats in normal dungeon. Also fair fight kicks in for my lv 60 HG and my runeblade is 51 so it's not effected by it yet.
  • PeekiPeeki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Well ive played every class, and runebladers are low in damage. So i dunno what you're on about mate. Sounds pretty trolly to me. Try a zerker or wizard.
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,740
    runeblader squishy?
  • RipzDragonixRipzDragonix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
    This is an ongoing issue. I have 22% piercing and 20% boss dmg, yet a sin or a berserker with half those stats deal 1.5x the damage I do without wipes. Even with echo Im very consistent in the dmg. Yet in no way possible I get close to their dmg. They nerfed RB way too much. And waiting for awakening for like a year to even get in parties because no one wants you there cuz of your low dmg is ridiculous. What option is left but to buy runs at this point
    Hali
  • UltralanUltralan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 570
    This is an ongoing issue. I have 22% piercing and 20% boss dmg, yet a sin or a berserker with half those stats deal 1.5x the damage I do without wipes. Even with echo Im very consistent in the dmg. Yet in no way possible I get close to their dmg. They nerfed RB way too much. And waiting for awakening for like a year to even get in parties because no one wants you there cuz of your low dmg is ridiculous. What option is left but to buy runs at this point

Maybe you're just bad at the game. Runebladers aren't weak at all.