Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Petition to Remove Fair Fight

Comments

• AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    edited 4:13AM October 8, 2018
    Here is how I see this thread:
    People complain that they already dont have anything to do - "remove fair fight so we can be done with dungeons even faster" :D
    TamakiSakuraGreenSoup2HoTKnowledge
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905
    edited 6:09AM October 8, 2018
    @Sixaxis: Just going to comment on that video.

If I spent years to get to 84 with that kind of gear, you bet I would want to 1 shot a lvl 50 dungeon boss.
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    The only reason fair fight was put in the game is due to how damage scales. If your damage per second exceeds the intended time to kill then you should not need to do that content anymore. Like most MMOs when you out gear content there is higher difficulty/level content that you should be able to do to keep the game challenging and entertaining. Fair fight shouldn't need to be in the game if we have content that continues to challenge you as you acquire gear and skill level.

TLDR: you should be able to steamroll content that you don't need to do anymore. That's why soloing old raid content in games WoW and Rift are a thing, in addition to transmog.
  • GrimnaurGrimnaur
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Yes, please remove.
  • AynixAynix
    Eternalx wrote: »
    @Sixaxis: Just going to comment on that video.

If I spent years to get to 84 with that kind of gear, you bet I would want to 1 shot a lvl 50 dungeon boss.

After getting to lvl 70 (required for awakening) you barely get anything from lvls. On KMS2 you can do the same dmg being 70lvl (which wont take that long)
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    edited 5:29AM October 10, 2018
    I like fair fight. It makes all content feel like content. If people could 1 shot stuff it makes the game feel like a private server. I dont care if im max level helping a lvl 1. I dont want to be one shotting anything apart from low level mobs outside of dungeons. I should have to actually put effort into all areas of the game regardless of level.

People who dislike fair fight just want to be overpowered and carry people for mesos or farm all the world bosses for themselves. L2P.

Like Koreans are playing on GMS2 because of fair fight and the no p2w aspects... like does that not tell you anything?

Fair fight makes World/Field bosses enjoyable. Honestly they should crank up the damage and force 10+ to kill these things. Its a world boss. This isn't maplestory 1.

People keep bringing up that they want their progress to show. Well it does in your raids. You shouldn't be stomping the rest of the content in the game like MS1 just because your GS capped.

Fair Fight is the best thing that every happend to maplestory 2.

If i had it my way fair fight would be on every overland mob in the game or they would scale up to my level. Which ever stops me from 1 shotting mobs and makes me actually have to think when i play. Im tired of people thinking the game should hold your hand just because your a higher level.

People think not being able to complete dailys because of fair fight ruins the social aspect of the game? How so. Link up with your buddies and complete the dailys together. 1 shotting all your dailies in 5-10 minutes to go afk in queenstown with nothing else to do is not fun. Fair fight makes things take more time but also helps you from burning out.

I think people need to start complaining about the rewards rather then how fast it takes to complete the rewards. Increase World/Field boss rewards. Give high level players incentive to help low level players (with fair fight). Thats what makes a game social. Not blowing by the content in two seconds.
    TamakiSakura
  • AynixAynix
    edited 5:25AM October 10, 2018
    I wish Fair Fight would be added to way more games. (Yep, I said it, you can start hating on me, I couldnt care less)
    To everyone who hates Fair Fight - go play on KMS2, just like some korean players came to GMS2 because they hate how boring it is to steamroll everything.
  • GreenSoup2HoTGreenSoup2HoT
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,300
    Branchi wrote: »
    Please remove this feature. Why should I put hours upon hours into leveling up and enchanting my weapons if I still have to spend 4 minutes to kill some stupid level 10 fodder boss? I just want my damn trophies ;-;

You need your hand held to kill a lvl 10 boss? So what if it takes more then 5 minutes. At least its a fight and makes the game interesting. If your high level you shouldn't die right?... maybe fair fight should increase the damage of the boss too so you get clapped.

People should stop pointing fingers at fair fight and should look at the alternatives. Make low level dungeons worth doing with more dailys. Make world bosses offer better rewards based on the amount of damage you dealt.

Alternatively make new CC's with the banners "easy/medium/hard/nightmare" that has bigger and bigger fair fight debuffs to make content harder but offer better rewards within those CC's.

MMO's where you drastically out level all the content is a thing of the past. Thats so 2005. Id rather be able to play 100% of the content at all times and it still have the possibility of it being "difficult" (where sometimes increased time to kill is the difficulty even if its not challenging).
  • BangBowsBangBows
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 630
    Fair fight should be removed from level 50 dungeons right now. Since we can be level 60, it is reducing our damage on these runs when it is the highest level content out there.. Currently makes it feel like a punishment for getting to level 60 if my runs were faster at level 50 than 60. I do think they should be kept for world bosses and events though, just not for dungeons.
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905
    TFW you do less damage as a level 60 than 50 .... in the same dungeons ... LOL
  • lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    edited 4:32PM October 11, 2018
    Fair fight I can agree with for things like World Bosses. But currently it doesn't make sense that a new cap has been released but all the content is still currently at 50. It almost made leveling to 60 pointless since now we're weaker in these level 50 dungeons than when we were actually level 50. How is this a good system?
  • KnowledgeKnowledge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
    It doesn't seem to me like something to remove entirely but rather it may need to be scaled differently. Obviously we shouldn't be weaker at 60 than at 50 but we also shouldn't be smashing old content for myriad reasons economic.
  • MidnightNyaMidnightNya
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,790
    edited 5:40PM October 11, 2018
    If anything, due to the lack of level 60 gear and how Fair Fight scales us -

It's quite obvious the fair fight scaling is too strong at the moment that Level 60 with Level 50 gear, is weaker than Level 50 with Level 50 gear. The skill points we get don't add up enough whatsoever for what Fair Fight does to our DPS.

I'm up for a drastic rework (and not the removal of Fair Fight) but I'm also up for a bandage patch to address how Fair Fight addresses the 50+ players.
    Please and thank you staff.
    SyrusMarufuji
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    edited 5:57PM October 11, 2018
    I don't know if what I'm about to say is true in practice, nor am I trying to defend Fair Fight, but in theory, Fair Fight should be balanced such that leveling up from 50 to 60 doesn't impact your DPS. That's the point of fair fight - to make sure that level 50s and 60s have comparable stats against a level 50 boss.

If it was designed correctly, Fair Fight should penalize you exactly the amount that you gained from leveling. For example, if every level gave you a +3 to attack, Fair Fight should recognize that, and give a level 60 player a -30 to attack against a level 50 boss, and a level 70 player a -60 to attack, which means that your level would no impact at all on your DPS, either positive or negative, and the only difference between the level 50, 60, and 70 players would be their gear. Like I said, that's the whole reason Fair Fight exists.

Whether that's how it's working in reality, I don't know. If that's not how it's working, and level 60s do have lower stats, relative to level 50s, against a level 50 enemy, I would argue that it's not an issue of design, but more an issue of it simply not working as intended.
  • Piedude139Piedude139
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 7:40PM October 11, 2018
    Honestly "Fair Fight" is probably the worst part of Maple Story 2 as a whole. I love this game, even more than I thought I would, but "Fair Fight" makes it feel pointless to level up or enchant gear. I get that Nexon probably doesn't want 2/3 of the games content trivialized within hours of starting but we need endgame content rather than this smelly, soiled bandage called "Fair Fight".

"Fair Fight" either needs to be removed entirely or nerfed exceptionally hard, it's going to kill the game long term I can tell you that much with certainty.

EDIT: I want to add that I'm fine with "Fair Fight" remaining for world bosses, as it sucks to see those burst down within moments of spawning and its a neat little mini event. But aside from that the entire system needs to go away immediately.
  • WooberWoober
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    I'm getting Fair Fight against FIRE DRAGON AND BALROG. And my clear times are slower than if I just fought them at level 50, WITH THE EXACT SAME PARTY.

What is Nexon thinking? Just remove this awful mechanic because it already doesn't make sense. Why would you PUNISH players for being level 60?
    NimioPixelPantsu
  • ZakuroZakuro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 435
    Please remove it.
  • ASDWManASDWMan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    Fair fight should be removed.

I worked my way up to level 50+.

I want to be able to do the old dungeons with my friends so that I oneshot everything, just like in MS1.

I don't want to be crippled down to a level 20 character stats when I enter a dungeon with my kick-ass armor.

There is no point in leveling at all if this is the case.

KittyyNimio
  • WooberWoober
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,345
    Daily reminder that Fair Fight should be removed because it's an awfully unfun mechanic. SERIOUSLY, WHY IS FIRE DRAGON AND BALROG AFFECTED BY FAIR FIGHT?
    Nimio
  • ZakuroZakuro
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 435
    bump plz remove fair fight