May 27th is finally upon us. Please feel free to join us on the last day as the servers come down one by one. More details here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/46192
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Why is compensation linked to reaching L50?

KileshaKilesha
MapleStory 2 Rep: 425
in General Chat
Firstly, I know some of you are gonna make comments like "if you cannot get to L50 by the time the event ends you are crap". So lets just get that over and done with.

So I am curious, why is compensation for Mapleopoly event (or why should type of compensation) linked to getting to L50? Some players are very limited in the time we can play, real life and stuff ya know, also some of us like to spend a lot time exploring and taking our time and are in no rush to hit L50. So we may not hit that L50 goal in time, so why would we be excluded from the compensation?

Comments

• LuxxLuxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,255
    Some of us can't play more than 5 seconds w/o dcing so that's even more silly.
    Specks
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,315
    I got to level 50 without the main storyline from 35 within 6 Days, Noon to 4AM the next day.
  • FriagneFriagne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    You can get to 50 following the main storyline quests in literally like 8 hours. If you cant manage that in a month then you probably don't actually care about the coins or the event either in the first place. Also I suppose it might be to prevent bot accounts from making use of all the free stuff associated with it.
  • KileshaKilesha
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 425
    Friagne wrote: »
    You can get to 50 following the main storyline quests in literally like 8 hours. If you cant manage that in a month then you probably don't actually care about the coins or the event either in the first place.

You are making assumptions about people's play style. Assumptions suck.
    Friagne wrote: »
    Also I suppose it might be to prevent bot accounts from making use of all the free stuff associated with it.

The bots are still getting coins and stuff, they are still getting items. Game play decisions should not be based on wether or not bots can benefit from it. Nexon need to remove bots without it impacting the game.

• BazzazBazzaz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 660
    Just get to 50 and then take it slow from there if you want that compensation so badly. If you were not level 50 during the hotfix you don't even deserve a compensation since it did not affect you at all. Stop being so entitled.
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,385
    TBH, my character was still 46 when I abused mapleopoly. So technically I feel double rewarded. While some of my level 50 guild mates logged on 1h late and will not get compensated. I'm bit baffled as to why compensate those under level 50 and all of us under 50 for that matter :D
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    The event is also punishing players who can't commit to 1 hour a day for the daily coins. There's a minimum expectation of participation for the event, and hitting level 50 within over a month is more than reasonable. Expecting them to cater events to people who cannot play the game is unreasonable, 1-49 is practically a tutorial. Play your hour a day and you'll probably be there in less than half that time.
  • NyxMoonNyxMoon
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
    The event ends in a month... Even if you play 1h every day or less you'll reach that, it's nothing crazy.
    Aie
  • xTarrantxTarrant
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 670
    Kilesha wrote: »
    So I am curious, why is compensation for Mapleopoly event (or why should type of compensation) linked to getting to L50?

It's to prevent abuse. Otherwise there's nothing stopping me from logging onto all 10 of my level one characters to claim the rewards. Also I imagine players who aren't able to get one character to 50 are the minority. Can't help everyone.
    Kilesha
  • NaosNaos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,115
    I've gotten the daily coins on an alt as my main already has gotten everything. Being logged in as the alt and getting the play time coin emails gave me enough in a few days to play the prize wheel and get everything there outfit and mount wise. The 150 coins are not really necessary.

But, to address your intended point: I don't know.

I do not know why they put a level requirement on the compensation. I am hoping a Mod can shed light on that here. I do however trust that it was not a random decision and there is a reason behind it.

Kilesha
  • LuminaEdgeLuminaEdge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,535
    If i had to guess, its because they intended the event for non-founder's people who started on the first day to have something to look forward to participating in daily for launch.

The mishap pretty much killed off the event for anyone who managed to spam it. So to give an entire community enough coins to blast thru the event probably seemed a bit overkill. They can't just throw a bunch of level 1 launch players a truckload of powerful potions to breeze through all the lv 1-50 content. Those 800 hp potions with 3 second cooldown are OP and saves your wallet big time, even at lv 50, Hard dungeons are super easy with them.

Ultimately the goal of an event is to keep players playing. Concurrent players is a big thing for MMO metrics so its common to incentivize it. Either people can fish for coins, or they can grind to 50 for coins. Either way you have to devote time into the event to get something out of it.
    Kilesha