Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

10053 Error Megathread

Comments

• KallasKallas
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 930
    Jaysen wrote: »
    Completed literally every possible workaround Nexon support has suggested so far. I get to the character screen.. Error 10053. Unplayable game at this rate. If this continues much longer.. I don't think the official release will go very well for MS2 either.

Yep.. you go on steam and the most liked comments are players warning people about the error 10053
  • AveqzAveqz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    edited 2:38AM October 10, 2018
    I really think it has nothing to do with our network. I mean at the last 4 days of playing MS2 i never had a disconnect (10053).
    Since today's morning im getting every 2mins a disconnect or when i hit a monster im getting an INSTANT dc.
    i was running a speedtest + the event viewer but it shows my network connection is constant stable.

So Nexon pls fix this issue or u will loose so many players.
  • DispelDispel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 350
    has been happening a lot more agressively since the launch D:
  • PlusheeOWPlusheeOW
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 415
    This is happening to me as well, but 10 times worse. It crashes every minute and I'm going insane.
    B1on1cBenLadyPeggy
  • LaDiabloLaDiablo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 105
    Happens to me every 30 sec, game is unplayable
    B1on1cBen
  • SlayTheKingsSlayTheKings
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    LITERARILY unplayable! every time i try to log in i get this annoying massage and nothing is fixing it.....
  • GrampasGrampas
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 12:04PM October 10, 2018
    The error 10053 appeared one day before the official launch.
    I can say rightly that it is impossible that it is the fault of the network of all, I can assure that many played without giving them this error.
  • ReagonSaintPierreReagonSaintPierre
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    edited 1:29PM October 10, 2018
    Grampas wrote: »
    I can say rightly that it is impossible that it is the fault of the network of all, I can assure that many played without giving them this error.

Actually, it didn't. I bought the founders pack for the headstart (Which i haven't been able to play, might i add, which i'm very mad about) and instantly ran into the 10053 problem. I am not the only one since i have read multiple posts that said it was also a problem during the early-registration event of the Mushkin Royale.

I'm partially mad about the fact that these kinds of issues should be addressed a.s.a.p. because instead of causing minor in-game problems for people, it actually PREVENTS people from playing.. at ALL. I bought the game but am not able to play it, i do hope for some good compensation.

Country Where You Reside: The Netherlands
    Server: Europe
    Your Internet Service Provider: Ziggo
    Wifi or Wired: BOTH (wired on laptop/WiFi on PC)
    ImajunationKallasKeebsCINTERIUMSherriAetaruNunah
  • TrickTrickTrickTrick
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 220

Actually, it didn't. I bought the founders pack for the headstart (Which i haven't been able to play, might i add, which i'm very mad about) and instantly ran into the 10053 problem. I am not the only one since i have read multiple posts that said it was also a problem during the early-registration event of the Mushkin Royale.

I'm partially mad about the fact that these kinds of issues should be addressed a.s.a.p. because instead of causing minor in-game problems for people, it actually PREVENTS people from playing.. at ALL. I bought the game but am not able to play it, i do hope for some good compensation.

Im in the same boat pretty much, Im not sure what is happening tbh. Tried both steam and and the nexon launcher prolly reinstalled the game like 10 times, did everything on this guide, set priority on high, its only this game that is causing me problems which is weird. It shouldnt be my internet connection though since i stream youtube, netflix and run other games fine. I get booted 2 mins after I do anything in the game, pretty disappointing since, if a game dont work i usually drop it, but in this case, i really would like to play this game.

Country Where You Reside: Canada
    Server: Tried US West and East with same result
    Your Internet Service Provider: Telus
    Wifi or Wired: Tried both to no avail.
    ImajunationReagonSaintPierre
  • CelticCeltic
    i keep getting this error myself and i've tried the uninstall and reinstall
  • ImajunationImajunation
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    TrickTrick wrote: »

Im in the same boat pretty much, Im not sure what is happening tbh. Tried both steam and and the nexon launcher prolly reinstalled the game like 10 times, did everything on this guide, set priority on high, its only this game that is causing me problems which is weird. It shouldnt be my internet connection though since i stream youtube, netflix and run other games fine. I get booted 2 mins after I do anything in the game, pretty disappointing since, if a game dont work i usually drop it, but in this case, i really would like to play this game.

Country Where You Reside: Canada
    Server: Tried US West and East with same result
    Your Internet Service Provider: Telus
    Wifi or Wired: Tried both to no avail.

Yep. Was perfectly fine, playing happily before the full-release and suddenly, I'm disconnecting 10-50 seconds of playing. Always with this, Error 10053 thing, and I've been playing perfectly fine before so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm especially boiled because I've invited my buds to play the game with me, and I can't join. Feels bad man.

Country Where You Reside: California United States
    Server: North America West
    Your Internet Service Provider: Charter Spectrum
    Wifi or Wired: Tried both, default Wifi.
    Airys
  • NominosNominos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,180
    Try that but knowing that it hasn't worked at all since early mushking...
    Yep. Was perfectly fine, playing happily before the full-release and suddenly, I'm disconnecting 10-50 seconds of playing. Always with this, Error 10053 thing, and I've been playing perfectly fine before so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm especially boiled because I've invited my buds to play the game with me, and I can't join. Feels bad man.

Country Where You Reside: California United States
    Your Internet Service Provider: Charter Spectrum
    Wifi or Wired: Tried both, default Wifi.

• VivynVivyn
    edited 12:29AM October 11, 2018
    I keep getting DC'd every 2 minutes of running around since the official launch. I was chalking it up to normal launch server issues, however my roommates around me are completely fine while we're all under the same internet with wired connections. All other games and applications on my computer are completely unaffected. It's literally unplayable for me.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running as Admin, approving it under my firewall, and switching from WiFi to wired connection. The only thing I found from the list of possible workarounds was the "Windows 10 ESENT Event ID 916 log" error... I really hope there's a fix to this soon since I've enjoyed what little I've played so far.

Country Where You Reside: Southern California, USA
    Your Internet Service Provider: Spectrum
    Wifi or Wired: Tried both
  • DjGameK1ngDjGameK1ng
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,020
    Add one more to the list... ugh, I've tried everything that the page has recommended, but none of it seems to work. Real bummer too, as I would love to play the game to the fullest :/

Wifi or Wired: Wifi
  • Assassin386Assassin386
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 450
    so i disabled my dhcp and my dcing has stop try that
    Xaraphina
  • LuxxLuxx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,255
    edited 6:42AM October 11, 2018
    None of this is working ...
  • KaligathKaligath
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380
    Lets face it most of these dc issues are a fact of the live launch because i only started getting this error after the game launched and clearly the servers are being bombarded by new players due to the influx.

I have tried all the solutions posted and still receive the Disconnection error it just feels really coincidental when a game like this that is f2p goes live i start getting disconnection issues i understand theirs not much that can be done but please don't be one of those company's that end up blaming the fault on the client.
    PileofSalt
  • B1on1cBenB1on1cBen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    I can confirm, it still happens even after the Beta. Yesterday I was being kicked out every 10 minutes or so. Today it's been within a minute after logging in each time. Very frustrating.
    Atlas
  • B1on1cBenB1on1cBen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    Vivyn wrote: »
    I keep getting DC'd every 2 minutes of running around since the official launch. I was chalking it up to normal launch server issues, however, my roommates around me are completely fine while we're all under the same internet with wired connections. All other games and applications on my computer are completely unaffected. It's literally unplayable for me.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running as Admin, approving it under my firewall, and switching from WiFi to wired connection. The only thing I found from the list of possible workarounds was the "Windows 10 ESENT Event ID 916 log" error... I really hope there's a fix to this soon since I've enjoyed what little I've played so far.

Country Where You Reside: Southern California, USA
    Your Internet Service Provider: Spectrum

I also noticed that Event ID 916 log. I have that on my machine and I'm running Windows 10, and according to the official technical support, the only known way to fix this is to reinstall Windows???
  • NominosNominos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,180
    edited 8:05AM October 11, 2018
    So... I still have this issue. I tried everything listed and have no solution. I have restarted my computer from the ground up by reinstalling Windows twice now... YES TWICE. I have submitted a ticket and given all info they asked for. I have worked with them... and I got a message saying something along the lines of ... "Hey we will try our best to find a solution" and then the ticket was marked as solved... WHAT IS THAT! so Nexon believes the issue is solved if they tell you that they are working on it? or is it solved because they messaged me that they don't have a solution at the moment. Either way, this bug is horrible... makes the game unplayable... and should be something they are spending every moment they can on.

Hey Nexon, instead of worrying about whether or not the few players that dont hit 50 by 11/8 get to experience your event, why not make sure the many of us that can't even play your game without a 30 second interruption actually get more than a list of things that don't work.

PS. it is very likely a disjoint between Nexon and Comcast (or its other named companies) and would require them to contact and work things out there... but I cannot understand why they feel it necessary to tell us to do things like "restart your pc" or ":make sure your license to your router isn't resetting too quickly."

Country Where You Reside: Pennsylvania, USA
    Server: North America East
    Your Internet Service Provider: Comcast
    Meno1234