Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

Fishing guide

Comments

• RiLeuRiLeu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    Where would you farm the last bit of mastery points when you are at advanced IV, every fish caught and need 4 mastery points till master?

I am not even advanced yet, but I think it would make sense to get them at the maps that give Advanced IV fishes i.e. Ant Tunnel Passage and the other 2.
    I've caught all the fish and am very close to advanced 1. I've been fishing at Hotottot River for 2 hours and haven't gained any fishing exp at all. What am I doing wrong lol

It appears Hototto River only gives Unique Biome fish. You might want to try catching Intermediate IV Freshwater or Saltwater fishes.
  • notsjpnotsjp
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 505
    Where would you farm the last bit of mastery points when you are at advanced IV, every fish caught and need 4 mastery points till master?

You might've already gotten your 4, but for others:
    Join a random fishing party in the party finder and afk fish prize fish.
    You get 2 points each no matter what, and the 5% bonus from parties really helps.
  • peenutspeenuts
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Caught all the fish, maxed level. Now what?
  • BubleTea514BubleTea514
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Where is • Fish in Revoldic Dam Poison until Beginner IV?
  • NommersNommers
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    So I don't know if this is more a question for another thread or this one but I'll ask anyways. Would anyone on this thread know where to find how many fish I've caught, and where to sell them? I've been catching fish but I can't find said fish in the fishing tab in the inventory so I'm not sure if it's somewhere else
  • NotGrayNotGray
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    Where is • Fish in Revoldic Dam Poison until Beginner IV?

Fishing in the poison waters of Revoldic Dam.
    Nommers wrote: »
    So I don't know if this is more a question for another thread or this one but I'll ask anyways. Would anyone on this thread know where to find how many fish I've caught, and where to sell them? I've been catching fish but I can't find said fish in the fishing tab in the inventory so I'm not sure if it's somewhere else

They should be in your Misc. tab to sell to store.
  • PrinceArtanisPrinceArtanis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    So when we are master, the only way to win somthing out of fishing is to sell shiny fish at store? Am i Right?
  • FoldedCornerFoldedCorner
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,685
    peenuts wrote: »
    Caught all the fish, maxed level. Now what?

Because magnetic lures aren't in the game, the only use fishing has it to give exp and complete exploration goals.
  • JibberishJibberish
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    edited 9:05AM October 12, 2018

There are new fish that aren't on this list with unknown locations like Shrubberpuff, Voldrake.
  • BazzazBazzaz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 560
    Jibberish wrote: »
    There are new fish that aren't on this list with unknown locations like Shrubberpuff, Voldrake.

Those are not new, they can be caught at the island you can get to by asking the character in Evansville.
  • SenSenSenSen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Don't know if there was a topic created for this cause my search didn't turn anything up.
    Does anyone know if you have to complete the mini game for fishing to catch fish you've never encountered before?
    I was fishing while doing something else on the side for a solid 3 hours just pressing the space bar and ignoring the mini game and I didn't catch any new fish just ones I've caught before.
  • RiLeuRiLeu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 540
    SenSen wrote: »
    Don't know if there was a topic created for this cause my search didn't turn anything up.
    Does anyone know if you have to complete the mini game for fishing to catch fish you've never encountered before?
    I was fishing while doing something else on the side for a solid 3 hours just pressing the space bar and ignoring the mini game and I didn't catch any new fish just ones I've caught before.

You don't have to complete mini game to catch new fishes. Tried multiple times.
  • xCarterxCarter
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 610
    Does it mean there's no way to catch Footballfish right now?
  • AltimosAltimos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,165
    Maple Guide
    Correct, the Footballfish cannot be caught until the relevant chaos raid is released.
  • TomatomanTomatoman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    I tried to fish in Evansville poison, which should be for rank 1, but it says my mastery is too low.
  • Nanachi_CCCPNanachi_CCCP
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,900
    Where is best place to catch golden fish,waters with only one fish?
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    edited 1:21PM October 20, 2018
    Can you actually catch the heartthrob stingray?
    Or should I not waste my time on it?

Edit: I caught it. =D
  • FloeFloe
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,035
    edited 10:26AM October 21, 2018
    Can you fish up the Fat Perch anywhere in Evansville or is there some "foul, poisonous water" there I haven't discovered?

Edit: .....go figure that I find the right spot right after posting it....after I've been to the map thrice already completely overlooking it. This time another fisher sat there, which drew my attention x3 Nevermind this post!<3
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    edited 7:55AM October 22, 2018
    Trying to catch treelacanth. In primeval jungle map in ludible time hall dungeon. Been at it for awhile and I haven’t even failed at catching it? Just wanna make sure I’m in the right place and not wasting my vouchers.

Edit: Caught itttt!
  • MiniVillMiniVill
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
    edited 7:38PM October 21, 2018
    I can't seem to catch Seahorus. Could anyone confirm with the location?

Edit: Ofcourse, it shows up the moment I ask about it.