Please do not send inquiries to the Forum Moderators and Community Manager Cuddles regarding forum name changes. Exceptions are only made if the forum name violates the CoC. Thank you for understanding.

Pet taming data

LofiVibesLofiVibes
Maplestory 2 Rep: 930
edited 2:13PM November 18, 2018 in Life Skills
Im trying to get data on pets and how it all works ill put what i have so far but i need some help.
Each pet at a minimum seems to need up to 13 candys to full feed them more if you don't time it right.
After putting a trap down throw one or two more candys so it stays fed so it wont brake the trap.
Each teir of pet gives a bonus same as gear. White 0 traits green 1 trait blue 2 traits. Purple 3 traits.
The highest bonus a traits given iv seen was 3.5 on a blue 2.5 on a green. For purple it seems 3.5% is still the highest but they get another trait.
Green pets unlock there trait at lvl 50 blue at 30 then 50. Purple at 10 30 then 50
Lvling pets is hard a white pet gives 1446 xp per green gives 2933 xp per blue gives 15,000 xp per
The higher teir the pet the more xp it needs per lvl white from lvl 1-2 needs 22,000 green needs 55,000 blue needs 90,000
feed your pet white pets you get roughly 30k a day double that if you feed green pets to it. but as we know getting 20 green and higher pets is pure rng.
Pets give bonus attack depending on rareity.
Any more data you could add would be great and if you have a purple pet please tell me how many traits it can get and its % value.
There are only up to Epic pets.
Kaiieaaayamid
  1. If given a good pet with good traits would you spend the 100000 of meso's needed to upgrade it?42 votes
    1. Yes
       88% (37 votes)
    2. No
       12% (5 votes)

Comments

• LofiVibesLofiVibes
    edited 11:29AM October 21, 2018
    UPDATE
    a purple pet has been seen it was a birk so purple pets have 3 talents that unlock at lvl 10 30 50 sadly i was unable to see the stats % due to a guildy letting me know about said pet.

Iv edited the 1st comment to make thing easyer to read.
    ShadowsBeneaGricely
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    Update
    Pets seems to have a rarity marking
    When you throw your 1st candy at them a circle will appear under the monster they are Green Yellow Red and possibly orange but that might just be yellow on my screen looking funny. After catching 10 pets of each rarity i got. Green rarity i got 9 white 1 green, Yellow rarity 7 White 2 Green 1 blue, Red rarity 5 whites 3 greens and 2 blues. So after testing this with lvl3 traps it seems that if the circle is red you have a better chance of catching a rarer pet. It took me a little over an hour to catch the 10 red pets under 30 minutes for the yellow and about 12 minutes for the green. So remember folks catch red for best results.
    TamieSavantHuman1skanderDreton
  • BiuBiuManBiuBiuMan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 660
    LofiVibes wrote: »
    The higher teir the pet the more xp it needs per lvl white from lvl 1-2 needs 22,000 green needs 55,000 blue needs 90,000

What do you mean by this?
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,780
    BiuBiuMan wrote: »

What do you mean by this?

pet fusion
    LofiVibes
  • strawberriesstrawberries
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 820
    hey if ur still lookin for pet data, i caught a purple pet a week ago (i got it first try using g3 snare pretty lucky lol)
    ive put much love into him and rerolled his attributes like 3 times

i also had a level 27 white pet i was leveling before that i just sacrificed to my epic rip in peace gio ver.1
    kXs6nPd.jpg
    LofiVibes1skander
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    hey if ur still lookin for pet data, i caught a purple pet a week ago (i got it first try using g3 snare pretty lucky lol)
    ive put much love into him and rerolled his attributes like 3 times

i also had a level 27 white pet i was leveling before that i just sacrificed to my epic rip in peace gio ver.1
    kXs6nPd.jpg

thank you for this i had no idea it was a set 90k for each lvl of a pet. also it seems the buffs on pets from blue to purple are kinda set/random as your purple pet with the +3 acc was the highest iv seen untill serching and finding a blue with +4. So it looks like green will always be lower but blue and purple more or less share the % bonus's.
  • BellavateBellavate
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 825
    Great info!

You can always check out / add on to the official wiki page for pets: https://maplestory2.gamepedia.com/Pets
  • aayamidaayamid
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 685
    Thanks for this!

Sometimes when you throw candy at a pet, a "!" appears above its head and its progress bar doesn't fill up. Do you know why this happens?
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    aayamid wrote: »
    Thanks for this!

Sometimes when you throw candy at a pet, a "!" appears above its head and its progress bar doesn't fill up. Do you know why this happens?

It normally seems to pop up when you throw to much candy too fast but iv had it happen when 1st trying to tame it so honestly no real clue.
  • BellavateBellavate
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 825
    aayamid wrote: »
    Thanks for this!

Just like everything else in the game, where there's a chance you won't be successful, that's what that is. There's a chance when you throw the candy that the pet won't eat it, that's what the exclamation mark tells you.
  • FejtanFejtan
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 520
    According to the MS2 wiki:
    "While some pets are unable to level, the ones that can continue leveling until a max level of 50. Pets gain miniscule amounts of experience from the player killing monsters; however, the best way to level your pet is to use the pet fusion option, which allows you to "feed" other pets to your chosen pet to increase its experience dramatically. You can receive bonus experience from the fusion bonus, which gives you bonus experience for the first 24 pets used to fuse with your pet and is shared across all pets. This bonus resets daily at Midnight (daily reset).
    If you do get a new pet that you would rather use instead of another, don't worry! You can fuse it with your old pet to make full use of the experience your old pet had."
    If u are going to own a good epic pet someday, my advice is pick out the best pet u have atm, feed ( fusion) it with atleast 24 other pets each day to take all the daily bonus . Ofc this thing is costly, but it will help u prepare a large amount of pet's experience when u got the pet u want in the future.
    Btw, I'm a pet tamer too, really love this function. I already caught an epic one in the past, and caught almost 1000 pets sofar. Tbh , i guess the chance of an epic pet appear ( in total) is less than 0.01%; maybe i will work for some data of it later this post.
    Hope this help.
  • MentalOmegaMentalOmega
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 685
    If you wana save money, just buy any white pet off the market under 12.000.

(candy costs 1000, one trap at least 8000 if crafted, but you can buy them of market much cheaper)

Also, dont feed white or green pets. Try to get at least blue one for a start. And if posible with good lvl up stats (like penetration).
    This may be a little expensive, but its gona be worth it at the end (also if you drop a blue pet in dungeon, check their stats as if you get good rolls you can sell it for more than normal price (200.000)).
  • FejtanFejtan
    If you wana save money, just buy any white pet off the market under 12.000.

(candy costs 1000, one trap at least 8000 if crafted, but you can buy them of market much cheaper)

Also, dont feed white or green pets. Try to get at least blue one for a start. And if posible with good lvl up stats (like penetration).
    This may be a little expensive, but its gona be worth it at the end (also if you drop a blue pet in dungeon, check their stats as if you get good rolls you can sell it for more than normal price (200.000)).

In fact, white pet in market worth only ~5k atm ( minimum i saw is 4k ). But the reason why i've caught a lot of pets is because I want to find an epic one by my own.
    Second, it's not a big problem when you start with a white or green pet instead of a blue one, because if you fuse your old pet with the new one, the exp will be broughten with 100%. Btw, with 2 bonus talents, i encourage everyone start with a blue one, as u said. Just want to prove that it's not a kind of waste if u did feed an green/white pet in the past.
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    Fejtan wrote: »
    According to the MS2 wiki:
    "While some pets are unable to level, the ones that can continue leveling until a max level of 50. Pets gain miniscule amounts of experience from the player killing monsters; however, the best way to level your pet is to use the pet fusion option, which allows you to "feed" other pets to your chosen pet to increase its experience dramatically. You can receive bonus experience from the fusion bonus, which gives you bonus experience for the first 24 pets used to fuse with your pet and is shared across all pets. This bonus resets daily at Midnight (daily reset).
    If you do get a new pet that you would rather use instead of another, don't worry! You can fuse it with your old pet to make full use of the experience your old pet had."
    If u are going to own a good epic pet someday, my advice is pick out the best pet u have atm, feed ( fusion) it with atleast 24 other pets each day to take all the daily bonus . Ofc this thing is costly, but it will help u prepare a large amount of pet's experience when u got the pet u want in the future.
    Btw, I'm a pet tamer too, really love this function. I already caught an epic one in the past, and caught almost 1000 pets sofar. Tbh , i guess the chance of an epic pet appear ( in total) is less than 0.01%; maybe i will work for some data of it later this post.
    Hope this help.

o wow neat i had no idea they will keep the lvl of a pet fed to them awsome! grats on getting an epic of your own im over 1200 g3 traps in and so far no epics QQ but hey iv made some good money off of blues.
  • Elsa_KanzakiElsa_Kanzaki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    Pets have some candy cycling through 5 different colors when their tame bar is full. I wonder if this does anything to the rarity chance when you time it on a specific color?
  • FejtanFejtan
    Pets have some candy cycling through 5 different colors when their tame bar is full. I wonder if this does anything to the rarity chance when you time it on a specific color?
    Really? I can only see 3 colors, they're: green/ yellow and red. And for your question, yes, the color does affect to the rarity, like "lofivibers" said above, the rarity come in an order: Red>Yellow>Green
  • FejtanFejtan
    edited 7:45AM November 23, 2018
    The sad part is i already sold it, and Im regret now. Trying to catch another
  • Elsa_KanzakiElsa_Kanzaki
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 1,190
    Im not talking about the color of the taming bar. I'm talking about the candy in the heart when the bar is full
  • LofiVibesLofiVibes
    Im not talking about the color of the taming bar. I'm talking about the candy in the heart when the bar is full

eh i think thats more of a random color thing different color candy just for the heck of it.
  • CodeLimeCodeLime
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 880

eh i think thats more of a random color thing different color candy just for the heck of it.

Its possible just like its possible that the more candies you use the higher your chance is. Unless nexon actually releases something we will never know.