Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

This is not what we've been told about style crate

mirta000mirta000
MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
edited 1:34PM October 16, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
I thought that you could buy everything from coin shop, not only exclusive stuff? It is also more expensive to get the style coin shop things that previously discussed.

1. We were told that the most expensive outfit to buy would cost 125$. Well if you want the Witch outfit and get unlucky enough it's actually 76 coins X 3$ = 228$.

2. We were told that we could buy everything with style coins? Well we can't. I would love this outfit:
crate-2-v2.png
or this outfit:
crate-17-v2.png
I can get these by chance, or not at all. Meaning, in my case, not at all.

3. Style crate contents change every month. You must hurry to spend thousands of dollars if you want those items!

4. Bit off topic but I'm pretty sure that some complete "outfits" are not outfits at all and they just threw the remaining outfit pieces together to try and sell it as an "outfit". Does these look like complete outfits to you?:
crate-13.png
crate-14-v2.png

I do not think that this is what was disclosed when the items were coming out. I was under the impression that you could buy EVERYTHING with coins. I was also under the impression that SOME outfit packages would be available in the regular store as opposed to none. This is an awful business practice!

EDIT: thank you Nexon!

http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/37446/producer-blog-state-of-the-game-week-1
Alavien1DixiesporkKingKaeruLuxxLa3elleVanBlazeambrangelleTamakiSakuraPrincessglitterMaiyunand 17 others.

Comments

• ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    edited 11:27AM October 10, 2018
    Shoutout to Nexon for the Angel Wings featured with the Business Suit. $3 for literally the same item everyone gets within minutes of starting the tutorial.
    It was also super misleading for them to state that the Halloween outfit would cost $125 (on average) when they're not counting the additional 35 coins you'll need for the Halloween Weapon, which I'd consider part of the complete set. That's another $58.
    mirta000Alavien1VanBlazeLa3elleMorningRegretKnowledgeDarkpixie99HeartdonorXXPriestXX44Tseneand 4 others.
  • VanBlazeVanBlaze
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,080
    I'm 100% sure all prizes were promised to be in coin shop... So i'm a bit annoyed the lower ranked outfits arn't my gf wants the studded leather set minus the hat and she wants the swims and the kissy kitten shirt and the towel. She has zero interest in top prizes so it feels like huge waste of money for her. She kept getting dupes from 16 boxes.... That's ridiculous.
    mirta000Alavien1KnowledgeHeartdonorMS2IntroductionAbsolutelyNot
  • InuNoTaishoInuNoTaisho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    Shybz wrote: »
    Shoutout to Nexon for the Angel Wings featured with the Business Suit. $3 for literally the same item everyone gets within minutes of starting the tutorial.
    It was also super misleading for them to state that the Halloween outfit would cost $125 (on average) when they're not counting the additional 35 coins you'll need for the Halloween Weapon, which I'd consider part of the complete set. That's another $58.

The angel wings you receive from the tutorial expire in 30 days, they are not permanent
    Tsene
  • Alavien1Alavien1
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    same for me i thought that there will be a chance to bought ALL items with coins.. now im dissapointed.. cuz its almost impossible to get items i want >< nice NEXON ur so XXX and greedy company
    mirta000VanBlazeKnowledgeHeartdonorXXPriestXX44MS2IntroductionAbsolutelyNot
  • VanBlazeVanBlaze
    I just wish there was some way to explain this to them... Since let's be honest everyone has their own tastes. Also you can not trade the items which means the only way to obtain them is cold hard cash. So when you make it impossible to use our trash to buy the items we want. It's disappointing to say the least.
    mirta000Specks
  • VanBlazeVanBlaze
    I also reported it as a bug that all prizes were not in the coin shop.
    mirta000Always_HidSpecksXXPriestXX44MS2IntroductionAbsolutelyNot
  • KingKaeruKingKaeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,175
    Honestly these style crates are ridiculous. On average you get 1.3 coins a crate. So with completely average luck, you need to open 59 style crates and dismantle every item before you'll have enough for the witch outfit (without the weapon). That's 17,700 merets, which works out to 170 US dollars. If you want the weapon too, you're looking at another 8,100 merets (81 USD) for a grand total of 251 US dollars. For a SEASONAL outfit.

Knowing Nexon, there will probably be outfits for every season.. are you supposed to drop 250 dollars a month if you want them all? And even if you do, you can pretty much kiss all other style items goodbye. Why would you even buy a style box with a random item in it if all you're paying for is the coins anyway?

What I find even more disturbing is the fact that they claimed these prices were 30% lower than original prices. That means it was originally 325 US dollars for the whole set, and they dropped it down to 250.

Thanks, Nexon.
    mirta000BebopAlways_HidVanBlazeLSPKhrisisLa3elleMorningRegretXXPriestXX44Raevira
  • Always_HidAlways_Hid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,905
    i was hoping the style crates would have random items at a slightly discounted rate that could be purchased as an alternative from buying things for full price through the premium shop, but of course, i was wrong to hope at something somewhat reasonable like that. the fact that all the interesting/fun items are only in the style crates and the meret shop is PRACTICALLY EMPTY TOTALLY SUCKS. PLEASE put outfits and items back into the premium shop for purchase!
    nEwBVnH.gif
    mirta000TamakiSakuraMiyuanGreenSoup2HoTKnowledge
  • VanBlazeVanBlaze
    edited 1:37PM October 10, 2018
    I'm really hoping Nexon reads these... Since honestly it feel like were being betrayed. I mean they made sure that founders like me forked over $!00 in begining and had 10 days online to spend the 9k merets on any old crap. Knowing full well these crates would come out in 10 days. Not many people are interested in the main prizes. From style crates either. It honestly feels like they should have just put all these items in permenant packages and seasonal packages I mean not one person enjoys spending money on RNG we only do it because we have to.
    mirta000PrincessglittertinklekinsKnowledgeXXPriestXX44
  • VanBlazeVanBlaze
    Speaking of hoping for nexon to see this is there any way to contact them directly?
  • MaiyunMaiyun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    I don't really post much so this is pretty sad it's the first post I make voicing my opinion on this...

I love mmorpg's, they were where I met my boyfriend of 10 years and where I met some friends that I've had almost as long if not longer. But I'm not rich, I can't shell out 50 dollars a month on digital items. It's just not doable. The fact there's no way to get them besides paying for them and the fact you can get so unlucky and potentially get NOTHING is really unfair.

Can I at LEAST be given the CHANCE to grind for it? Let those who have the disposable income spend their money, that's fine. Nothing wrong with that it's their money and so long as they aren't hurting themselves or others, it's fine. But to flaunt and gloat that to people who can just barely manage to get bills payed month to month, seems pretty cruel.

I couldn't care less about how much they cost, just let me be able to get them in game somehow. let me be able to buy it off those players who got 3 extra sets or pulled things they didn't really care about. I'd be happy to play your game and praise it for years to come just to be able to collect my cosmetics....This whole game felt like it was one big advertisement for the cosmetics. and that's fine, again, its fine. but it still feels so very unfair to not give poorer players the chance to get them too...
    XxPoseidonxXSpecksXXPriestXX44oMintTeao
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    this is a lot worse than i thought it was going to be...when i first heard of it i thought "oh ok well if we dont get dupes, ect. this doesnt sound TOO bad"
    maybe i shouldnt try to put my faith in nexon too often
    Toyboxmirta000XXPriestXX44Gricely
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Maiyun wrote: »
    I don't really post much so this is pretty sad it's the first post I make voicing my opinion on this...

I love mmorpg's, they were where I met my boyfriend of 10 years and where I met some friends that I've had almost as long if not longer. But I'm not rich, I can't shell out 50 dollars a month on digital items. It's just not doable. The fact there's no way to get them besides paying for them and the fact you can get so unlucky and potentially get NOTHING is really unfair.

Can I at LEAST be given the CHANCE to grind for it? Let those who have the disposable income spend their money, that's fine. Nothing wrong with that it's their money and so long as they aren't hurting themselves or others, it's fine. But to flaunt and gloat that to people who can just barely manage to get bills payed month to month, seems pretty cruel.

I couldn't care less about how much they cost, just let me be able to get them in game somehow. let me be able to buy it off those players who got 3 extra sets or pulled things they didn't really care about. I'd be happy to play your game and praise it for years to come just to be able to collect my cosmetics....This whole game felt like it was one big advertisement for the cosmetics. and that's fine, again, its fine. but it still feels so very unfair to not give poorer players the chance to get them too...

If players pulled things they didn't care about we'd disenchant them for coins? like what
  • KhrisisKhrisis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,270
    Wow! Here I thought black desert's 40 euro costumes were expensive but now we have 50-200+ euro costumes in MS2.

It was expectable they would put all the costumes into the style crates when they just poofed from the cash shop to be honest. I would've likely bought some costumes if they had been sold as packages but now they are just pure rip off. I believe all(?) other servers still sell their costumes in packages unless there's been a change and they've also switched to this trash system. Everything being untradeable only makes it worse.
    FantasykittenMaiyunLa3elleMorningRegretmirta000LSPKnowledgeTseneBebop
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905
    Agree. This is ridiculous. We have to spend WAY more than $125 to get the outfit WITHOUT a weapon.

Did they slide the 30% off the wrong way? This is so ridiculous. The community is outraged.
    mirta000Knowledge
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    edited 4:43PM October 10, 2018
    Instead of saying they lied, you could simply say that the costume and a few other things cost too much to get, and that they should add in an option to buy all the crate items for a few coins more than you get for disenchanting them.

They didn't like about anything tbh, they said 125$ average and they NEVER said all the items would be purchasable. They said you could buy Special items in the shop or something along those lines, they never said that you could buy the crate items.

PS Nexon is actually doing a great job on making this game not P2W so stop acting like it's the end of the world just because you chumps want a costume of all things, if you can't afford it get over it. You don't need it to play.
    Xtony
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    At the end of the day it is business. They have to get a return in before they make a profit. The costumes are not a necessity they are just an expensive extra thing if you want to look good while playing a game.

Lol at least Black Desert's costumes did give something in return ie movement speed / swim speed / etc for the price. At least the costumes don't have damaging stats like past games where you would get a set bonus to damage or spells of the sort.

You should expect to see more costly things happening in the 30-60-90 days out as well.
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905
    From P2W --> F2P --> PAY TO LOSE
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Shybz wrote: »

The angel wings you receive from the tutorial expire in 30 days, they are not permanent

True. But is it not a buzzkill for a lootcrate item to be the timerless version of wings every newbie will have, don't you think? Not like shoes are much more exciting I suppose, just a disappointment.
    Ullmirta000
  • NekibriNekibri
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,415
    Random loots are starting to be banned in Europe. Belgium forbids it for example.
    Ullmirta000SpecksAbsolutelyNotShushia