Check out the patch notes for the v19 Winter Mischief update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55464/winter-mischief-v19

Limited Availability Emotes Should be Account Wide

KizojaKizoja
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,525
edited 4:21AM October 2, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
I have both the CBT Celebration Emote and the Orange Mushroom Emote sitting in my level 50 Archer's inventory right now because I'm waiting to claim it until I play some other characters.

Everything else in the Founder's Pack and from the CBTs except for emotes are seemingly transferable to or unlocked for all of your characters. It would be great to be able to use these emotes without wondering if they will go to waste on a character I may decide I don't want to play.

I know emotes are consumed when you use them, but so is the Founder title and insignia while still unlocking for all characters as far as I've read. It would be great if there could be some way to make these emotes like this as well.

I see no reason to make these emotes I cannot repurchase or re-obtain, even if I wanted to, locked to one character.

I want to be able to swap characters without feeling like I'm leaving something I can't re-obtain behind.
Always_HidLutiasMysteliMagicMuppetKingKaeruAieMarchinBunnyVixieMiyuanTwixMonsterand 52 others.

Comments

• Always_HidAlways_Hid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,905
    tbh i think all emotes should be account wide (expect for maybe the trophy related ones, since those trophies are currently character specific). i agree, it sucks having to pick and choose what character gets what. hope they change this
    nEwBVnH.gif
    MiyuanTwixMonsterboogercatkinKnowledgeZatchArdawnTalnovaKhrisisArtMattersand 13 others.
  • LutiasLutias
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,880
    I'm all for this. Especially since this game encourages investing in multiple characters, having rare and cool emotes that can only be obtained once locked to 1 character is a bummer.
    MiyuanKizojaTwixMonstercatkinKnowledgeZatchSeasiderProiaSnackCakesDanDKand 2 others.
  • KingKaeruKingKaeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,175
    I thought titles were character bound and not emotes, so I used all my emotes on my first character. I'm really disappointed, as this turns out to be a character I don't even feel like playing and I feel somewhat cheated as the orange mushroom emote was one of the best things in the legendary pack.

I really, really hope they can fix this issue or at least provide a way to transfer the emote to another character. Has anyone contacted support about it?
    TwixMonsterKnowledgeDanDK
  • tinklekinstinklekins
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    I thought we'd be getting the items on every character we made. It says "bound to account" not to a character, you know? I really want to play/main soulbinder when it comes out! I upgraded to the special one just for the emote because I was jealous of my friend. But now I won't be able to use it on my preferred class. Even if they don't make it account wide, if they let founders pack owners purchase extras for their other characters I honestly would take that over having it locked to a class I don't want to play!
    Knowledge
  • AjaeAjae
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,745
    KingKaeru wrote: »
    I thought titles were character bound and not emotes, so I used all my emotes on my first character. I'm really disappointed, as this turns out to be a character I don't even feel like playing and I feel somewhat cheated as the orange mushroom emote was one of the best things in the legendary pack.

I really, really hope they can fix this issue or at least provide a way to transfer the emote to another character. Has anyone contacted support about it?

^ same as above, i was actually in the process of deleting it, until i realized i bought the 40$ package of emotes, and used all the titles, and my mushroom emote on him. i do think or should try and have a class change purchasable premium shop item, this way trophies, emotes, titles, name, can all be transferred on to the class you want to play. although i agree they should be account and not character.
    Knowledge
  • TwixMonsterTwixMonster
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 620
    Im in the same trouble at the moment, I am sitting with cbt emote and the mushroom founder emote on a character that im not interested in playing, made a new assassin and no emotes there even from the pack thats like 4k merits or whatever. this is very disapointing aswell as discouraging.
    Knowledge
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    edited 8:12AM October 7, 2018
    Same for me. I made Priest while doing Mushking but decided to play HG in normal game. RIP Mushking exlusive.
    Knowledge
  • boogerbooger
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 905
    Yeah, PLEASE Nexon make emotes account wide!! You could even increase the cost of emotes in the meret store, I wouldn't mind if they were account-wide. The orange mushroom emote in particular needs to be account-wide as we paid heaps for that :(
    Knowledge
  • TalnovaTalnova
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    Agree with this 100%, or if not account wide, why not make the founders items purchasable from an NPC for people with founders accounts, so we can pay meso or some kind of currency to buy them on alts.
    Knowledge
  • Dasky14Dasky14
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 445
    This has to be a thing, otherwise I will never change to any other class than priest, because I want to have my biggest founder item on my main.
    TalnovaKnowledge
  • KnowledgeKnowledge
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
    It seems quite ridiculous to have emotes character bound. Not to mention the gender bind of the gear too. Very un-friendly towards their customers in these respects.
  • SproutSprout
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    Please please please.
    TalnovaKnowledge
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,475
    It's a real shame. I called this and many other things out months ago, and they don't seem to have done much. The game has huge issues with character-locking all sorts of things, in many cases where two identical items have one locked and the other not... And for hairs/skins/faces/cosmetics, not only are they character locked, but you can't even effectively save them, so any time you buy a new one it deletes what you had before permanently, making creating multiple looks for one character impossible if you aren't willing to pay >$20 rebuying things every time you swap to another style and back to what you had.
    Knowledge
  • NeihelNeihel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 960
    edited 6:47PM October 11, 2018
    I want a feature like this because then I won't have to contact support everytime this game gets a new class to transfer the emotes

especially since the game doesn't let you change classes the way final fantasy 14 does it
  • ASDWManASDWMan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 515
    All of the emotes and pets should be account wide, it's piss poor that they limit you to a single character.
    Kittyy
  • SpiralofvertigoSpiralofvertigo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,150
    I support this wholeheartedly I would love to use the Mushroom on all of my characters along with the other premium emotes.
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    A game that promotes playing multiple characters shouldn't have emotes locked to a single character. Account-bound should really be the case here.
    NeihelDasky14
  • NeihelNeihel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 960
    Nexon should fix this, then maybe more people will buy emotes

otherwise we'll have to boycott emotes
  • JhuraJhura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 950
    THIS! So much this. Like, really that founders emote is only for one character? Really think that is pretty cheap. Please let these limited emotes be account wide!
  • EternalxEternalx
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,905