Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Monopoly event major issue

KasorasKasoras
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
in General Chat
You basically get unlimited coins, you make alot more coins doing a lap than it takes. So far i've already done over 40 laps, and have gotten hundereds of potions.

Comments

• DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    edited 9:25AM October 10, 2018
    I think that may be the point. In the announcement for the Maple Spin event, the first line is:

"Got more Maple Coins than you know what to do with? Have some fun with the Mapleopoly next-door neighbor, the Maple Spin!"

But yeah, I got the first ten from logging in and immediately got enough trips around the board to get one top prize, and then enough coins left over to spin my way to the other top prize. Part of the reason it isn't totally broken is the amount of time it takes to actually roll and move on the board, considering all the prize animations you have to watch. Fifty trips around the board takes almost an hour.
    Mintylicious
  • KasorasKasoras
    edited 9:52AM October 10, 2018
    No, that is definitely not intended. They wouldn't be giving them out daily if it was. I think you were meant to have a decent amount of coins towards the end of the event.
  • FriagneFriagne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    I hear they already patched it to be less. I guess people who got on there early got lucky.
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    edited 10:04AM October 10, 2018
    They already hotfixed it, if you weren't here for it rip.
  • KasorasKasoras
    Got 400 maple coins before they fixed it xD
  • ShimoyakiShimoyaki
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    edited 10:23AM October 10, 2018
    roll back incoming????
    i made it around one time
    and got sent back like 3 times in a row because i rolled 5 back to back

didnt get to play before patch so i didnt get all the extra auto vouchers that all the others prepatch did
  • AshleyTheNekoAshleyTheNeko
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,385
    I doubt there will be a rollback, none of the rewards are gamebreaking, I'm simply stocked up on potions for a good while. I do feel kinda bad for abusing it like I did, but I figured it had to be intentional given how obvious it was you weren't going to run out of coins, and the wording in the blog post.
    idontreallyknowmanRyia_Archer
  • FriagneFriagne
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,070
    Im going to stay subbed so it doesnt matter to me, but free rotors is a major reason to sub so I imagine a lot of people getting hundreds of them might feel unfair to those who missed out.
  • ShimoyakiShimoyaki
    game breaking or not .. if you wanted a specific item off there going at current post patch rates theres a good chance you wont get it
    while others got it all instanlty
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    I'm surprise no roll back. People who abuse this basically never have to spend money on pots again.
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,000
    Nexon being lazy, as usual.
  • KasorasKasoras
    HoIy wrote: »
    I'm surprise no roll back. People who abuse this basically never have to spend money on pots again.

Doing a roll back on a game launch is literally the worst thing you can do
    idontreallyknowman
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    Reminds me of Bless Online honestly with their terrible launch adding things to the game when nothing was tested. At least things are translated somewhat correctly.
  • ShimoyakiShimoyaki
    Kasoras wrote: »

if no roll back might as well give ppl enough coins to make up for it liek 200+ coins to every player
    how they handle this will set the future for this game for many so will be interesting to see what they do
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Shimoyaki wrote: »

if no roll back might as well give ppl enough coins to make up for it liek 200+ coins to every player
    how they handle this will set the future for this game for many so will be interesting to see what they do

It's far too late to rollback, and you likely won't get compensation for not being there.
  • ShimoyakiShimoyaki
    edited 7:22PM October 10, 2018
    Shimoyaki wrote: »

It's far too late to rollback, and you likely won't get compensation for not being there.

its not too late ... remove any items obtained reissue intended amount of coins
    and possible some extras to compensate for the error

edit just signed in and had 150 coins in mail
    edit2 after using the free 150 coins i made it to roud 23...
    nowhere near the completed set that others were able to do before the hotfix but its a good step in the right direction
    if we truly are able to complete both during the intended time then all is good .. only time will tell

am really impressed with the fast action to address the issue though and wanted to saw that much.. under the mtn of salt i layed out