Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

And so it begins, the coming of the style crate.

Comments

• AshleyTheNekoAshleyTheNeko
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,385
    Nexon has to make their money somehow. If this is what keeps this game from being P2W, I'm all for it. I wont be dumping my cash into it, but somebody will be, and that's what this game needs to survive. This is a far better alternative to having to spend that $110 on boosters to stay competitive, and it's not like there isn't a huge number of other cosmetic options for you. I spent like $8 on an entire outfit that I'm very happy with.
    MintyliciousCuts
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    You made the choice to try and get it, they have to make money somehow.
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,000
    edited 10:38AM October 10, 2018
    I'd rather pay $15 a month for a subscription than take my chances on gacha.
    RikkuleCariseiFantasykittenLuxxPrincessglitter
  • HoIyHoIy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,220
    edited 10:41AM October 10, 2018
    Nexon literally told you the exact percentage and the amount you had to spend on average to get it and you chose to go for it.

I personally spent 50$ got a few cute costumes I'm pretty satisfied. The normal rated fairy wings have full animation and everything pretty sick.

I think it's going to be a trend where people don't even bother with the full set anyway. 7 coins for the wing is good enough for me.
    Mintyliciouslillucario
  • AlfaniAlfani
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,775
    edited 10:42AM October 10, 2018
    Yaaap, spent $100 on the large headstart package for the meret to find that I need coins. It's kinda poop
    Blame all the people who forced the game to weed out any p2w, now all the glam is gonna cost stupid amounts of $. :/
  • MeiBaeMeiBae
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 430
    edited 10:47AM October 10, 2018
    Isn't the style coin shop a little overpriced? I spent 3,000 merets ($30) on the bundle for 10 style chests and badge, getting 8 Commons and 2 Exceptional outfits.
    When dismantled:
    1 Common = 1 Style Coin
    1 Rare = 2 Style Coin
    1 Exceptional = 3 Style Coin
    Total = 14 Style Coins
    Which leaves me enough to get the decent stuff from the shop, but doesn't allow me to get much. I am nowhere near the good stuff, IMO. I'm pretty much only halfway to getting some of the hats or chest outfits, which I don't find that appealing. The only thing left for me is pretty much the emotes (2 Style Coins) and instruments (7 Style Coins) which I can just go to the premium shop and purchase for cheaper. Honestly, I was expecting to get close enough to buy an outfit or mount, but not the cheap stuff.

I understand that they need to make money, but to the point that people need to cough up a liver to get the good looking cosmetics? I don't think so. I could have probably spent that $30 on an outfit in the premium shop and still have leftovers merets, though they aren't that great in the shop.
    Pineapple1124
  • CryoGXCryoGX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,210
    It was gonna come down to one evil or another; in the end I'd rather take the one that doesn't build a wall in front of my progression.
  • EnviiMiiEnviiMii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    Getting the full Halloween costume package in the price range of $130-200 is pretty damn expensive.
    I don't mind spending money and I have spent thousand on Nexon games but that's just too expensive. $50-80 average is pretty reasonable and you could still make good amount of sales cause more people might actually spend for that price.
  • KitsunemitsuKitsunemitsu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 710
    you expect them to keep the servers running on smiles and good wishes?

it was either p2w enhancement cashop or cosmetics. they made the right choice.
    Mintylicious
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
    This is pure gambling and not what we've been told when the style crates were coming out. I would urge everyone t o stay away from it and report Nexon to EU countries that banned loot boxes.
    Fantasykitten
  • Pineapple1124Pineapple1124
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,740
    edited 11:18AM October 10, 2018
    I was just about to ask this, but thanks. I won't buy!
  • CutsCuts
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 415
    this makes me happy when i see people complaining about spending money n not getting what they wanted on a non p2w item ;D pls guys, show nexon they can profit off non p2w b.s that destroy games!
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Style Boxes are making me wish the game was p2w. In MS1 I didn't care if I wasn't the strongest, since I just liked questing, PQs, collecting event stuff and outfits. People being stronger than me doesn't really affect me but the outfit I was really excited to get for Halloween being gated behind $125 (with avg luck) is super disappointing.

And that's not even the full story. All they're counting is the base outfit, which doesn't include the Weapon (which I'd say is part of the complete set). That's an extra 35 coins, nearly $60 more for that. So the full outfit is actually nearly $200.
    But say you're wanting to go all the way with the Halloween items. That'll include the Pumpkin Drums (7), Jack-o-Lantern Buddy Badge (7), Jack-o-Lantern Tombstone (4), Halloween Fishing Badge (4), and the Magic Broom Guitar (7). 29 more coins, or another ~$50. So a complete Halloween collection will run you a grand total of nearly $250, with under average luck (like OP).

As much as I /could/ afford to get the outfit, at that price you're either a mega-whale who's going to collect every single outfit in the game no matter the price, otherwise you have to be dedicated to wearing it as your main outfit forever and it's a bit gaudy for that. And then you can look forward to the $200 Santa outfit in a couple of months. I was elated with everything prior to this point but launch is a huge disappointment for me because of this.
    mirta000PrincessglitterLa3elle
  • VanBlazeVanBlaze
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 980
    I'm more peeved you can only spend coins on haloween and cowboy sets what if people wanna get the other sets...
    mirta000TamakiSakura
  • Alavien1Alavien1
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    LoliMiyu wrote: »
    And i didn't get enough coins to buy the Halloween outfit.
    Are people not upset with Nexon basically selling a costume for up-to $220?? Cheapest you can get it for is $80 and that is with insane INSANE luck!

I feel scammed. Cosmetics was the only thing i was excited about spending my merets on, and now i won't be able to because outfits will cost between $100-$200 or more. Thanks nexon.

i have same fellings.. cosmetics was only thing i wanted from this game now my hype from 100 goes down to like 1... and i cant even change my coins from UNWANTED eq to eq i wan\t! cuz only can change them to hallowen items .. WTF? i want neko suit and its almost impossible to get
    mirta000La3elle
  • InuNoTaishoInuNoTaisho
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    It would have been nice if they would just sell outfit bags for a straight up price like they do in mabinogi. Throwing gachapon in on the first day of release is just... ugh
    mirta000Alavien1PrincessglitterLa3elle
  • CutsCuts
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 415
    Shybz wrote: »
    Style Boxes are making me wish the game was p2w. .

are u high?

• Alavien1Alavien1
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 770
    ok but why i cant exhange coins for items i wanted? i dont want halloween outfit.. i want neko outfit :(
  • mirta000mirta000
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,275
  • ShybzShybz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,975
    Cuts wrote: »
    Shybz wrote: »
    Style Boxes are making me wish the game was p2w. .

are u high?

No, I'd just rather pay $20 for a Halloween outfit in a game where I can watch whales blow hundreds on hitting better numbers than pay $200 for a Halloween outfit. This precedent means that the Christmas outfit will be $200, the Valentines outfits will be $200, any other cool outfit will be $200.
    mirta000CariseiAlavien1PrincessglitterLa3elle