Check out the patch notes for the v20 Lovely Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/55909/lovely-update-v20

Why Rush To Level 50?

NoppyNoppy
MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
edited 12:17PM October 4, 2018 in General Chat
I've seen some people say that I should get multiple characters to level 50 asap. Is there any specific reason?
robotman5

Comments

• lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    The reason being is that right now, the drop rate for Epics in the level 50 dungeons is extremely low (or if it isn't extremely low it surely feels like it). So when you reach your daily/weekly limit for one character, you can try again on another character and see if you get lucky on them for potentially more loot.
    Noppy
  • NoppyNoppy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,450
    edited 2:29PM October 4, 2018
    Like what Illucario said, it's directly related to your in-game progress. Without them, you won't necessarily perform as well as those with them.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Competition I think is the gist of it.
    Subglacious
  • KingKaeruKingKaeru
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,175
    It's efficient because of the following reasons:

- Epic prices are dropping fast but its a gamble to try to get them yourself and you'll eventually run out of dungeon attempts. Solution? Make new characters and level them to 50. You'll get to do more dungeons.

- Even if you don't happen to exceed your weekly dungeon limit, you can do daily quests on every character. They give decent rewards for the time it takes to complete them, so you'll be able to get your gear faster.

- Lastly, the level cap is at 50, so you're not missing out on any potential EXP by not playing your main character. In other words, raids are giving you less rewards because you're not getting EXP. This is a good reason to focus on making new characters ahead of time.

• PoppyBrosJrPoppyBrosJr
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 510
    Its not really a rush, I would say getting to lv 50 is barely an investment compared to how MS1 is (or was, I have no clue how it currently is)
  • FalzFalz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 870
    Its not really a rush, I would say getting to lv 50 is barely an investment compared to how MS1 is (or was, I have no clue how it currently is)

In Ms1 people looked at levels like an achievement as not a soul was level 200 and everyone looked at the top few as either no lives or cheats using multiple people on a single account to grind. Even then levels would stay the same for days or even weeks at a time for someone to grind out a level up.

In MS2 each story instance gives exp and some gear and each one gives you enough to access the next story segment and in such a way that at the conclusion you'll be lvl 50. If your invested in the story then you'd get to lvl 50 in a day. You won't have all the achievement points and whatnot since some are tied to achievement but you'll be 50 and decently enough geared in addition the acheives will be easier since you've been around the map and have the added power.
    DefraglifeXXPriestXX44
  • DefraglifeDefraglife
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,715
    Wow level 50 in a day. Sounds like they made it a bit too easy. They should lower the exp slightly.
    XXPriestXX44robotman5
  • GarlicBreadGarlicBread
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,035
    Defraglife wrote: »
    Wow level 50 in a day. Sounds like they made it a bit too easy. They should lower the exp slightly.

the 1 day lv50 only applies to people that overplay. everyone else it takes 3-5days. it don't matter how hard they make it..thoses that want cap level badly will reach it fast that also applies to the gears.
  • DystopiqDystopiq
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    To be fair leveling now in MS2 is ridiculously easy. They practically hand it to you. In the Korean Version it took a lot longer when I played a while back and you had to grind on mobs. Personally they need to reduce the exp gain from quests to foster some kind of grinding out in the maps.
    XXPriestXX44robotman5WaterFilter
  • lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    If 5 hours in one day is overplay then idk what to say. Like Dystopiq said leveling is too easy. Why spend an hour grinding mobs in a map when you can spend literally 10 seconds teleporting across the world to an npc and gain that exact same exp. They said they buffed dungeon/mob exp but it doesn't really feel like it.
    XXPriestXX44
  • KaezoxKaezox
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 325
    You guys do understand that from lvl 50-60 is about going from lvl 1-50 twice. From lvl 70-71 takes a few weeks. 71-72 takes longer. Then eventually lvl 80-99 5-10 years...
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    edited 4:35AM October 8, 2018
    Just by doing your weekly 30 dungeons you should be lvl 56. Considering you unlock everything at lvl 60 lvling in this game is very easy.
  • RurumoRurumo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,960
    Not sure if anyone said this, but it's only worth leveling more than one char to 50 if you intend to do more than 30 dungeons per week. There is no benefit that I'm aware of if you play the game more casually than that.
  • MetaRaidMetaRaid
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    Cause Level 50+ is where the endgame starts. If you don't have a lot of free time, just make a secondary character at least to farm dailies/weeklies.
  • BeariieBeariie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,815
    I noticed that optional quest are completely pointless. You hit 50 before your even done with the main story and thats when you only do main story events. I rushed multiple to 50 just because I dont want to do it later and want to gear up for runeblader. And if I dont like RB il have many other options already ready. Also for the free design templates <3
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Because with being 50 for all my dungeon runs so far I haven't seen a single purple
  • HarrmsHarrms
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,695
    People want the best GEARS, lol.
  • SoulXCloudSoulXCloud
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,295
    Dystopiq wrote: »
    To be fair leveling now in MS2 is ridiculously easy. They practically hand it to you. In the Korean Version it took a lot longer when I played a while back and you had to grind on mobs. Personally they need to reduce the exp gain from quests to foster some kind of grinding out in the maps.

You can level up in Korean Maplestory 2 now to 50 in 3-4 hours at a good pace. 60 cap could take 24 hours for the most hardcore players nonstop grinding but generally it will take a casual player at least 3-5 days. That is if they keep exp values the same
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    Reasons to rush to 50?

1. Having a level 50 in each available character slot gives you the ability to do x amount of daily quests to potentially get epic pets / meso / etc.
    2. Having a level 50 in each available character slot gives you the ability to maximize your ability at getting epics from dungeons due to the 10 per day / 30 per week cap.
    3. By reaching level 50 you gain the ability to maximize your potential ahead of those who start on the 10th and potentially make tons of $$$ in the process.

Time it currently takes from 1-50?

1. If you have 4 people doing the storyline with you a little under 5 hrs.
    2. If you are going solo you can expect to spend about 6-7hrs of straight storyline / waiting for dungeon ques to hit 50.