Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

So I Found A Leveling Exploit - Name: FFMaplehype

FFMaplehypeFFMaplehype
MapleStory 2 Rep: 310
edited 2:29PM October 8, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
While some may already know this, it came to me as a huge shock that once reaching level 11 or so, you don't have to slay a single monster if you want an early level 50.
(Or so I assume)

*Disclaimer* - I haven't done more than 3 whole levels myself to confirm that, YES, indeed -> The House-Designing tutorial gives off a percentage amount XP every time you place an object.

Dephending on how fast you tap *Space* (to place an object) and *E* (to then remove the object) it can feel like you just popped the juiciest coupon, to then find yourself on top of a big monster hoard with cute little noises from their slain bodies deafening you as the XP bar goes from left, all the way to his buddy right. *Level Up*

I want this gone.

Reason is simple, it ruins the fun of progression in my honest opinion - and you know you wanna try it out if you've played through the game a trillion times, but it's an exploit - And that just isn't right. Also for the sake of newer players finding out. Let them have the experience of playing the game properly.

(I see my own hypocrisy, basically making a tutorial here - I didn't find the ''Report-Bug-Buttom'' in-game)

Even if it's just for the early levels, I still think it should be removed.

Thank you.

Comments

• FFMaplehypeFFMaplehype
    If anyone has a different opinion than I do, I want to hear it! Really, I need some perspective here. I do think my decision of calling it out is fair to anyone who loves and adores the grind-fest that is Maplestory, as a whole.

Do be respectful, tho. - And Maple On! :)
  • SnoogemSnoogem
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,990
    While you can spam it everyday, reaching level 50 is still relatively quick when doing epic quests.
    Not to mention it gets boring real quick, for the fun of it I think most players would rather do other things.
    Once you hit prestige, that furniture spam becomes much slower and insignificant and there are more fun and faster methods to gain xp from either dailies, life skills and dungeon clearing.
    FFMaplehype
  • MoonlighIMoonlighI
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 695
    There's a limit to how much exp you get for decorating, it's not infinite.
    FFMaplehypeAbsolutelyNot
  • UsedBodypillowUsedBodypillow
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 835
    As Moonlight said you can only get I think 3 levels from doing this a day, and even then it's not worth doing it in the early levels. It saves time when you're level 47 though.
    FFMaplehype
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,180
    This came up during the CBT and Nexon addressed it at that time. The feature is currently working as intended. Be aware that there is a daily limit on how many times it rewards experience.
    FFMaplehype
  • FFMaplehypeFFMaplehype
    Thank you all for informing me. I was sitting there late at night feeling like writing a post, so when I found this thing I thought might aswell throw it out there.

You guys are well informned and very helpful.

Thank you and have a nice day :D
    ShadowsBenea
  • ShadowsBeneaShadowsBenea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,880
    edited 3:30AM October 12, 2018
    It's basically the same experience from doing music. it's just bonus exp basically it's nice and can work but it's just meh I suppose. My house is personally full of every single skill item so I'm in there spamming F anyways so I might as well get a little exp on my alts. lol