Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Can't login to launcher - google account issues

Comments

• PebblyPebbly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    All I would like to do is play with my friends, I'm willing to wait. But I'm really hoping this gets fixed soon. Been waiting since 2.
    Kaaarn
  • EiseiEisei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
    TeeChainz wrote: »
    Don't want to get everyone's hopes up.. but coming from Maplestory M, every time there is a hiccup like this, Nexon has been great with compensating those affected.

Hope the do again this time. As of now it may appears to be more of Google's fault, but ultimately it's Nexon's inconsideration for not letting Google/Facebook users to log in directly via their Nexon accounts. This could have been avoided.
    PebblySlyencerxSwirlyKaaarnkitomisaitichi
  • QuilQuil
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380
    edited 3:29PM October 8, 2018
    Pebbly wrote: »
    All I would like to do is play with my friends, I'm willing to wait. But I'm really hoping this gets fixed soon. Been waiting since 2.

I've been waiting since 11:30am. :(
  • PebblyPebbly
    Quil wrote: »

That's terrible... T^T
  • QuilQuil
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 380

That's terrible... T^T

My boyfriend has been playing all day cause he didn't use Google for his account.. it's torture seeing him play and I'm sitting here not able to. x.x
    I'm never using Google for any other game log in again. lol
    KazeshiroSlyencerPebblyVanillasushi
  • CyiCyi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    This is google sided people quit getting mad at nexon. You should have made a nexon account in the first place instead of using google. :$

If Nexon is offering the service, then why would people not use it. Blaming people for a company's choice in IT is foolish at best.
    Kaaarn
  • iHealUiHealU
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    I don't even want to play on a Nexon account because that means starting all over. The average time to lvl from 1-50 is 4-8 hours depending on playstyle. I averaged around 5-6. I have 3 lvl 50's so that's 15-18 hours already that I don't feel like doing again :/
    QuilPebbly
  • PebblyPebbly

That's terrible... T^T

My boyfriend has been playing all day cause he didn't use Google for his account.. it's torture seeing him play and I'm sitting here not able to. x.x
    I'm never using Google for any other game log in again. lol

Truly is hecka sucky, I feel the same way. I just have problems remembering all the passwords. That's the whole reason I used the google account option. >.<
    Quil
  • tensaimagitensaimagi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 410
    I blame Google and myself. I still wish I could transfer to a full Nexon or even my Steam account. That in itself should be an option.
    QuilPebblyTheAddieiHealU
  • TheAddieTheAddie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 340
    tensaimagi wrote: »
    I blame Google and myself. I still wish I could transfer to a full Nexon or even my Steam account. That in itself should be an option.

I'm just sitting here. My power had went out today so I had to wait to play.Power came back on and now I can't play anyway haha I'm hella annoyed.Google did us dirty
    Quiltensaimagi
  • MythikmarkMythikmark
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 220
    I wish I'd done a little looking before I bought my pack with a google login today, but, at least I have it, I wanted to get to play but ah well. I can't complain about missing anything, I haven't even installed it
  • TheBoneZone66TheBoneZone66
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 585
    * bumping this for transparency. it's definitely google+ related. i too would like to forward the motion that we can convert our google accounts to nexon accounts if possible.
    iHealUQuilPebblyKimYousee
  • EiseiEisei
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 810
    I'm not sure if this will be resolved in 1 day, or 10 months, but at this, Nexon should allow people to transfer their google account info to a nexon based account.
    The issue with this might be, we can't use Nexon's account client, they'd have to send us an email or something for confirmation. Emails work, logging in via their client using an email does not.

We should opt to create Nexon accounts or have our account info transfered to Nexon. There's no reason why we should not be able to play when this is a google issue and not Nexons. Besides if Nexon server issues have a problem we wouldn't be able to play in the first place.

By logging in with a Google or Facebook account for the first time in MS2, we've already automatically generated "invisible" Nexon accounts that are linked to our Google/Facebook accounts. However the problem now is that we can't directly log into the game with those "invisible" Nexon accounts we've created because there's no passwords associated with them. Google/Facebook acts as gateway to log into our Nexon accounts. Our Nexon accounts are there, and all character info are saved on them. All Nexon has to do is to just give us the ability to log into our Nexon accounts with a password.

MythikmarkPebblySlyencer
  • iHealUiHealU
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 690
    Mythikmark wrote: »
    I wish I'd done a little looking before I bought my pack with a google login today, but, at least I have it, I wanted to get to play but ah well. I can't complain about missing anything, I haven't even installed it

That's horrible though. You payed money for a head start in a game that comes out in 2 days for free, and you can't even get your head start going. :c
    QuilDeathCat
  • MythikmarkMythikmark
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 220
    That's true but at least I secured the fact I bought one, it's the positive spin I can put on this. I want to play, I decided I'd make a Knight, and eventually I'll get to do that, just hope it is sooner than later.
  • TheAddieTheAddie
    Eisei wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this will be resolved in 1 day, or 10 months, but at this, Nexon should allow people to transfer their google account info to a nexon based account.
    The issue with this might be, we can't use Nexon's account client, they'd have to send us an email or something for confirmation. Emails work, logging in via their client using an email does not.

We should opt to create Nexon accounts or have our account info transfered to Nexon. There's no reason why we should not be able to play when this is a google issue and not Nexons. Besides if Nexon server issues have a problem we wouldn't be able to play in the first place.

By logging in with a Google or Facebook account for the first time in MS2, we've already automatically generated "invisible" Nexon accounts that are linked to our Google/Facebook accounts. However the problem now is that we can't directly log into the game with those "invisible" Nexon accounts we've created because there's no passwords associated with them. Google/Facebook acts as gateway to log into our Nexon accounts. Our Nexon accounts are there, and all character info are saved on them. All Nexon has to do is to just give us the ability to log into our Nexon accounts with a password.

^ this. I agree. All we can do now is wait. and complain a little.....Maybe after this nexon will let us make passwords
  • DeathCatDeathCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 995
    damn guess i wont be able to play today.... huge let down... i wanted to farm my dungeon runs....... guess ill go back to my xbox.................going to miss my dailies too... my mesos QwQ
    iHealUTheAddieQuilPebbly
  • VeamVeam
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 500
    I hope they can convince Google to allow us to convert our accounts to Nexon account...
    QuiliHealUPebblyShonanKnifeKaaarnkitomisaitichiBranchi
  • mkhazmkhaz
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 210
    I want my money back.
  • TheAddieTheAddie
    DeathCat wrote: »
    damn guess i wont be able to play today.... huge let down... i wanted to farm my dungeon runs....... guess ill go back to my xbox.................going to miss my dailies too... my mesos QwQ
    hope we don't have to wait for too long.I'm the leader of a guild :(

Quil