Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Constant disconnections, Error 10053

philosophenomphilosophenom
MapleStory 2 Rep: 820
edited 9:56PM October 5, 2018 in Tech Support
I keep getting this error and drop connection at least ten times a day. I literally can't stand it, I'm in dungeons and I'm getting dropped for no reason. My download is a constant 150 mb/s, and my ping never elevates past 85. I have no idea why this is happening. I tried repairing install, disabling firewall and even closing programs I thought might interfere with the game. Anybody have a solution to this or at least experiencing the same problem?
Poohsyoel44

Comments

• RaphaelOnealRaphaelOneal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    edited 10:59AM October 1, 2018
    Keep having disconnection issues every few mins at random intervals no matter what im doing or remaining idle. Tried disabling vsync and other settings and no luck. The error is connection has been aborted 10053
    yoel44
  • PotPot
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 650
    xIQypz0.png
    This is the best game ever.
    yoel44
  • StinkyFeetStinkyFeet
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 340
    edited 5:42AM October 3, 2018
    same issue here. eu player from germany. really annoying :(

EDIT: Okay found out that it has something to do with going on desktop. It disconnects after pretty sure if you go back to game. Another crazy bug is that youtube stops playing videos when going in-game and continues when goin back on desktop. Very weird. If someone knows why this is plz tell us.
    yoel44
  • MoQa_BianQaMoQa_BianQa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 975
    Keep having disconnection issues every few mins at random intervals no matter what im doing or remaining idle. Tried disabling vsync and other settings and no luck. The error is connection has been aborted 10053

I had the same issue in beta up till a few patches ago.
    Happened on both my laptop and desktop.
    Fix was to reinstall game on laptop, but had to completely reset my Windows settings to default on desktop through Windows recovery.
    Was not able to pinpoint the problem, but this was a last resort solution.
    Now I'm able to play lag free.

If you decide to try that route, also make sure to delete any residual files the uninstaller leaves:
    1. Uninstall Maplestory 2 via Nexon launcher
    2. Uninstall Nexon launcher
    3. Open my computer -> search -> "Maplestory 2", delete all residual files
    4. Re-download and install Maplestory 2.

Note: I have 5+ computers at home, I noticed MS2 runs better on computers with older specs / DX9
  • Ostrava808Ostrava808
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 305
    Had a bug when i had this same disconnection, I re-entered the game, I was a dungeon and it finishes the moment I enter. I tried to type in chat, then all of a sudden everything went haywire!! My volume kept muting unmuting, for some reason my keyboard kept typing 8888888, when i exit the game it carried on to my desktop and erased and kept opening files! haha it was crazy like my PC was possessed.
  • ingStefaningStefan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 595
    been getting DC's after last main. all was fine before. it seems like its a mistake @ server side. not ours

I had the same issue in beta up till a few patches ago.
    Happened on both my laptop and desktop.
    Fix was to reinstall game on laptop, but had to completely reset my Windows settings to default on desktop through Windows recovery.
    Was not able to pinpoint the problem, but this was a last resort solution.
    Now I'm able to play lag free.

If you decide to try that route, also make sure to delete any residual files the uninstaller leaves:
    1. Uninstall Maplestory 2 via Nexon launcher
    2. Uninstall Nexon launcher
    3. Open my computer -> search -> "Maplestory 2", delete all residual files
    4. Re-download and install Maplestory 2.

Note: I have 5+ computers at home, I noticed MS2 runs better on computers with older specs / DX9

Yea im not sure whats the main cause but I feel its mostly client sided. I have noticed disabling HDR and running as admin seemed to do the trick though i do crash occasionally but less now. Yet on my older pc it runs fine. it could be something to do with DX11 cause i have a 16gb ram with a amd radeon RX 480 graphics card alienware aurora R5 with an i7 as my main PC. Yet on my older rig it lags but doesnt have the disconnection issue lol.......
  • StinkyFeetStinkyFeet
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 340
    I followed the steps and still got the disconnects :(
    Is there a way to launch the game in older DirectX versions ?
  • DispelDispel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 350
    Same ;( Annoying.
  • DispelDispel
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 350
    A lot of people having this issue including me ;(
    philosophenompyrite321
  • JordanXcraftJordanXcraft
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 420
    Having the same issue here and my friend that im playing with as well, it became impossible to play
    philosophenompyrite321
  • SteezychanSteezychan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 550
    Yeah, join the club for now, heh. I've been dealing with this since early September. The amount of times I've had to redo a dungeon, or a quest, or some instance because of it...I've lost count. I've managed to play Head Start but I've disconnected well over 500+ times by now, I think.. every since the authentication error fix back during Mushking I believe is when this became a big thing again, I don't know how bad it was before that since I was never in beta.
    philosophenom
  • PoohsPoohs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 545
    It's weird, today I managed to play through 20 levels without anything, as soon as afternoon/ evening hit, I started getting it nonstop, I checked my internet and everything's working fine with other programs and games.

I get massive lag spikes and packet loss in between disconnections too, something's definitely wrong on nexon's end.
    philosophenompyrite321
  • philosophenomphilosophenom
    This is actually getting extremely annoying, nexon needs to fix this immediately.
    pyrite321
  • PoohsPoohs
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 545
    I suggest all of you to submit tickets describing exactly what's happening, since they seem to have acknowledge its presence but need more info (at least that's what they say in the known issues thread).

I've already submitted a ticket and got to a "senior GM" who told me he forwarded this to the game team, I'm still bumping my ticket to see where this goes, and I'll try to keep you guys updated.
    philosophenom
    edited 1:18PM October 6, 2018
    It's real weird, Im no longer crashing like crazy but now my friend who never crashed before is now crashing constantly every time he tries to log in to the game. Making it impossible to pinpoint the reason as to why the issues are occurring.

One of my guesses is its related to how nexon is handling regions and the way the server is being handled per region or ip or internet provider. Something is being blocked just not sure what it is thats being blocked.

Some possibe things i've tried not sure if any of these somehow magically fixed my problem was

- Uninstall nexon launcher and Maplestory 2 client completely, Install the Nexon Client and maplestory 2 into C:/ProgramFilesx86/Nexon instead of just your local disk or program files folder

- Do a net reset via ip flush and ip renewel guide here : https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000065463

- Whitelist the nexon folder for any anti virus and windows defender

- Restart your router and try to relogin again

For those still crashing try sending these to nexon.
    Netalyzer Test
    https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000073903?flash_digest=33d6539571c2bab443b1ebf55c3b0808d9976d75

Getting a Traceroute
    https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000079146

Process List:
    https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000076666

The more tickets that are sent with all the information the easier it is for them to pinpoint it.

i am going to presume it is possibly server related or the way the client is handling incoming and outgoing connections. There could also be an issue with Nexon Gaurd that is causing the server or a persons internet provider to come out as false positive.

Hopefully a GM or a Moderator can make a sticky in regards to whats happening and can tell everyone to send the Netalyzer, Tracer Route, and Process List in tickets so its easier to identify a solution cause I am currently stumped as well on possible fixes.

Edit: It seems there is a thread my bad. http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/37886/feedback-game-crashes/p1
    I suggest a possible update on the thread by @NXACuddles if you can add more to the first post by asking for all the possible tests for people to send to the ticket and possible ways to resolve the fix.
    philosophenom
    edited 6:03PM October 6, 2018
    So just an update.
    We managed to figure out how to resolve the issue for my friend as well
    Step 1: Uninstall Maplestory 2 and the Nexon client completely and check for any extra nexon folders in your harddrive
    Step 2: install Maplestory 2 onto Program Filesx86 folder instead of your local hardisk C: folder (For Windows 10 users)
    Step 3: Do a IP Renew/ IP Flush https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000065463
    Step 4: Restart your pc relogin to the game go to your graphics tab and disable HDR and Keep Vsync Enabled
    Step 5: If none of the steps above dont work try disabling other things to reduce lag and latency in he maplestory 2 graphics tab
    Extra Step: Be sure to whitelist the Nexon Folder on your anti virus and your windows defender so that incoming/outgoing connections can go through to the servers and clients

Keep us updated on if any of these worked for you thanks
    philosophenom
  • philosophenomphilosophenom
    So just an update.
    Step 1: Uninstall Maplestory 2 and the Nexon client completely and check for any extra nexon folders in your harddrive
    Step 2: install Maplestory 2 onto Program Filesx86 folder instead of your local hardisk C: folder (For Windows 10 users)
    Step 3: Do a IP Renew/ IP Flush https://support.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000065463
    Step 4: Restart your pc relogin to the game go to your graphics tab and disable HDR and Keep Vsync Enabled
    Step 5: If none of the steps above dont work try disabling other things to reduce lag and latency in he maplestory 2 graphics tab
    Extra Step: Be sure to whitelist the Nexon Folder on your anti virus and your windows defender so that incoming/outgoing connections can go through to the servers and clients

I tried all of this and it seems to have been to no avail, still disconnected
  • VerloVerlo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,000
    edited 1:45AM October 7, 2018
    The game is literally unplayable for me between local peak hour times of 7pm to 11pm

I've tried contacting my ISP and making appropriate changes on my PC and everything on my end is fine.
    I did not have this problem previously during CBT1/CBT2 and MKR pre-season. It only started during head-start.

I dont know what to do :(

Vent over.

So just an update.

I tried all of this and it seems to have been to no avail, still disconnected

Darn that sucks ive gone and sent a report to nexon its hard to pinpoint what it is thats causing the crash unfortanetly as it seems to be mixed fixes for everyone.
    philosophenom