Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

How many Level 50 epics have YOU gotten?

LouvainLouvain
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,660
edited 1:19PM October 5, 2018 in General Chat
Hi all,

As many players who have reached cap are aware, some are really struggling to get the epics they need to enter hard dungeons such as Pyrros and Balrog. What I'd like to know, however, is how bad (or good) that drop rate actually is.

If people could comment with how many runs they've done with how many epics they have (or have not) gotten that would be appreciated ~

Personally, I have done 40 runs and gotten a 0 : (
  1. How many Epics have YOU gotten?58 votes
    1. None :(
       43% (25 votes)
    2. 1
       19% (11 votes)
    3. 2
       16% (9 votes)
    4. 3+
       22% (13 votes)

Comments

• shokiliciousshokilicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,400
    Got 2, well actually 3 since one was a body/pants combo thingy.
  • Aviel27Aviel27
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,350
    edited 3:06PM October 5, 2018
    got 2 epic.. after 50 dungeons i think
    belt and sin weapon
    sold the sin weapon and bought the epic weapon of my class after adding 1 mil
  • PilikenPiliken
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,540
    I had 0 at 30 runs in and then got lucky with neck, helm and earring drops in the last 10 runs. The RNG is real.
  • MareSEphemeralMareSEphemeral
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,780
    Around 30 runs and got 2 tradeable purples. I got lucky with a MK52 overall within the first 10 runs, and just today got Balrog Wings.
  • OverlordYtOverlordYt
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    40 runs 0 purple ...... next day unistall the game .... >-<
  • EmynorEmynor
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    edited 1:13AM October 6, 2018
    I've done 200 170 runs without any epics.
  • shokiliciousshokilicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,400
    Emynor wrote: »
    I've done 200 runs without any epics.
    What you already have 6 lvl 50 chars?
  • JipowJipow
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 965
    0 because I didn't buy the headstart REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095

I doubt he done 200 runs and I doubt even more than he did not get single epic from 200 runs. Most likely he just riding on whining bandwagon.
    KhalykDanDK
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    0 about 90 runs later ><;
  • EmynorEmynor
    edited 1:13AM October 6, 2018
    Aynix wrote: »

I doubt he done 200 runs and I doubt even more than he did not get single epic from 200 runs. Most likely he just riding on whining bandwagon.

Sorry, I counted wrong. I only did 170.

The first reset of dungeons, I maxed out 30 runs on 2 characters and 20 on another (80 runs). The next reset, I am now 20 runs in on 4 of my level 50 characters, and 10 on another(90 runs). When I finish with my next level 50 character I'll be on 180. I can show screenshots if you really need to see proof of that.

Nowhere in my post did I whine. I only stated how many runs I've done without getting any epic equipment. Of course I'm not satisfied with my results, but I'm not whining or jumping on any bandwagon.
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    You could sell part of you Onyx Crystals (which you should have a ton of after so many runs) and buy weapon to enter hard dungeons a long time ago.
    Just saying.
  • EmynorEmynor
    You could sell part of you Onyx Crystals (which you should have a ton of after so many runs) and buy weapon to enter hard dungeons a long time ago.
    Just saying.

Of course, but I want to progress on my own for now, even if that means a bunch of getting pooped on by RNG. I could very much have entered into hard dungeons on the third day if I wanted to.
  • SrslyrlySrslyrly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,225
    edited 1:33AM October 6, 2018
    I got 2 epics and only ran 6 times in total so far. I like that they rarely drop, but that's unfortunate you haven't gotten any in 40 runs... that's terrible luck.

@Emynor wow that's crazy. 170 runs with none?!
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    Srslyrly wrote: »
    I got 2 epics and only ran 6 times in total so far. I like that they rarely drop, but that's unfortunate you haven't gotten any in 40 runs... that's terrible luck.

you have had the best luck ive seen so far...lol
  • LouvainLouvain
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,660
    edited 11:48AM October 6, 2018
    Srslyrly wrote: »

please, please share your luck D:
    I had a friend who got an epic in her very first ten runs as well. the RNG is really throwing me for a loop here.
    Edit: My BF and I did another ten dungeons today, totalling us up to 100 combined. WE still haven't seen an epic drop.
    But our friend got a second one today >_>
  • GrakyGraky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 460
    edited 11:39AM October 6, 2018
    2 on two chars. Kicker is they where both earring slot. Rip making an alt for EZ epic drops.
  • HashtagHealsHashtagHeals
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 925
    30 Runs and got 2 Epics 1 Helmet and 1 Suit.
  • koko8888koko8888
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    I hit lvl 50 day 2 of the headstart. So October 2nd to 6th (today) is 50 runs, single char, ZERO EPIC!!!!
  • RuskiiRuskii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 860
    edited 11:48PM October 6, 2018
    Just saying.

id only have 3.6mill -..-... thats nowhere near enough