Check out the v16 1st Anniversary Update patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45834

Where are the assistants who cost meso gone??

PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,690
edited 9:55AM October 4, 2018 in General Chat
I'm not happy that the assistants that were available for meso's during both cbt's are now gone from the assistants tab in our homes.
I was really looking forward to having Kay and that sailor boy again in my home.
TamakiSakuracatkinRalleYTNRezimewberi

Comments

• TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,995
    I want meso assistants back too. F2P people shouldn't have to do without assistants.
    DanDKFantasykittenkitcalie
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Yeah, they shouldnt have been removed.
    DanDKFantasykitten
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Still no word on this?
  • AieAie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,310
    wait there was meso ones in closed beta?
    im hoping they will be add once the game officially launches
    Fantasykitten
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Aie wrote: »
    wait there was meso ones in closed beta?
    im hoping they will be add once the game officially launches

Yes there were.
    They were the same as the ones that costs merets when it comes to crafting.
    Its a shame they removed them and barred f2p players from using them.
    Fantasykittenkitcalie
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    I assusme they were free in cb to test them.
    Aynix wrote: »

They weren't free in CBT. They were the bottom tier of assistants and cost mesos rather than merets.
    SubglaciousDanDK
  • ShineMagicalShineMagical
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 780
    Crying about prior P2W aspects would obviously get some new ones like this added.
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Aynix wrote: »

They weren't free in CBT. They were the bottom tier of assistants and cost mesos rather than merets.

By free I mean you could use mesos instead cash shop currency
  • DahliaSenpaiDahliaSenpai
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 735
    Still no news about this? KMS2 has assistants for mesos!!! This is extremely disappointing! :(
    ReziDanDKmewberi
  • NaishoDayoNaishoDayo
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,000
    Still no news about this? KMS2 has assistants for mesos!!! This is extremely disappointing! :(

Yea, not sure why they decided to gate assistants behind a paywall. Considering Nexon trying to make GMS2 not p2w as compared to the other versions... This makes no sense to me, at all.
    It's like they tried to fix what wasn't broken. Or maybe it was to intentionally break it so that they can make up for some of (if any) the revenue loss from lack of p2w?
    They would probably just sweep this 'minor' problem under the rug and ignore it. My opinion: At the very least, they should make salary for assistants cost meso after the initial merit purchase... so I don't need to commit merit to them consistently (especially when they max and I just want them around the house).
    DahliaSenpaiDanDKSibyllkitcalie
  • DahliaSenpaiDahliaSenpai
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 735
    Totally agree! I'll keep hoping they come back. Because 4 diff crafts on 3 chars is starting to drive me a lil coocoo!!! :(
  • DiaganoDiagano
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 520
    You have to think from their point of view.. how are they making money? Cosmetics only? Premium content and assistants are convenience. Not required. You get pots everyday from premium, I don’t see anyone complaining about that. But you do for assistants?

They need to make money to keep the game and servers up to par. Assistants and premium can eat 120 dollars a year from me and I’ll still employ them so I can play the game for fun and not worry about it converting back to p2w.

My point is assistants generate monthly revenue for Nexon, who btw completely changed my view of them after having played their games in the past. Take my money, Nexon. You are doing amazing work for many kids. I wish this happened when I was a kid playing with my 14 str wizard to kill snails in Victoria island.
    AnOldGeezer
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,725
    Dont you get free red merits?
  • FeifeiDuFeifeiDu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,060
    It’s 5 dollar... quit complaining... everything is already very cheap and they made the game not p2w what more do you want....
  • ReziRezi
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    FeifeiDu wrote: »
    It’s 5 dollar... quit complaining... everything is already very cheap and they made the game not p2w what more do you want....

Water blocks are 5 merits each. Warp blocks are free. Assistants require lots of merits. There's a severe limit to how much we can expand homes, and there's no roof transparency. We can't even do some functions from the main game in homes, and vice versa.

Tell me where the logic is in any of this. Heck, at least in Mabinogi assistants actually did something.
  • DreamerZDreamerZ
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,340
    Why is there always somebody defending asinine cash tactics...

cause thats what this is. A cash tactic.
  • DragonicWolfDragonicWolf
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,320
    edited 9:58PM November 7, 2018

Lots of stuff in global MS2 has become free though. Home expansion is free. Tons of objects are free. I havent had to pay a single cent to play and enjoy the game. Not hard to spend a few dollars if you REALLY REALLY want something in the game. That five dollars spent on an assistant if you must have it could be the price you paid for the game.

Heck, go to a arcade game place and you spend a few dollars just to play a game temporarily.
    Why is there always somebody defending asinine cash tactics...

cause thats what this is. A cash tactic.
    it is basic capitalism. Produce a product, and people who want the product can buy the product.
    edited 11:35AM November 8, 2018
    That five dollars spent on an assistant if you must have it could be the price you paid for the game.

Five dollars, plus two dollars every month after. For the cheapest assistants.

• ToolsTools
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 805
    5,000,000 mesos per assistant/30 days would be nice tbh. removing it is totally some daylight robbery just to use the assistant.

sorry but this is true, having assistants trophy "YET" Free to play players aren't able to use the assistant and they have to pay for it to use it just for 30 days? pls. some improvement is needed here.

if they are really taking feedbacks from players they should start by looking at their forum for furnishing before discussing with their own development studio without accounting players feedback on furnishing related.

Housing improvements in review: We are reviewing a few improvements for housing. Once we have more details, will share them with you.
    source: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/38614/producer-blog-state-of-the-game-week-5
    kitcalie