Learn everything about the Guilded Glory update this month from the patch notes!

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45646/

[Guide] Basic Gathering/Crafting Professions

Comments

  • JadeyJaneJadeyJane
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 100
    Posts: 4
    Member
    Hi Linderly,

    Thank you for the excellent info.
    Is there a correlation between how many Nodes you place and the max you'll obtain when Ranching/Farming?

    Say - If I play 2 nodes and they could both produce a max of 5 each - then I have 10 total available to harvest
    Being low level I can only harvest 5 - but later on I can harvest 20, will I need to place more nodes?

    Or could you place a single node and still harvest up to the max that your Life Skills respective level would permit?

    And i'll have to try the housing aspect where you can farm/ranch at another location! That's crazy.

    Thank you for the help.
  • LindelyLindely
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,010
    Posts: 258
    Forum Moderator
    edited 8:23AM October 6, 2018
    JadeyJane wrote: »
    Hi Linderly,

    Thank you for the excellent info.
    Is there a correlation between how many Nodes you place and the max you'll obtain when Ranching/Farming?

    Say - If I play 2 nodes and they could both produce a max of 5 each - then I have 10 total available to harvest
    Being low level I can only harvest 5 - but later on I can harvest 20, will I need to place more nodes?

    Or could you place a single node and still harvest up to the max that your Life Skills respective level would permit?

    Hey @JadeyJane !

    No, the amount of nodes placed will not affect the daily limit of items you can gather from them. The only reason to place more than 1 node of the type is to speed up the gathering of that particular material (normally you make a square out of 4 nodes of the same type for convenience). Glad the information helped!
    JadeyJane
  • JaqenJaqen
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 640
    Posts: 6
    Member
  • X9TurtleX9Turtle
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 300
    Posts: 8
    Member
    Are there any items in Smithing that increase Mining gains or Mining Mastery gains?
  • Kohaku15Kohaku15
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    Posts: 11
    Member
    How do you tell the difference between ranching and farming?
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,525
    Posts: 2,569
    Member
    X9Turtle wrote: »
    Are there any items in Smithing that increase Mining gains or Mining Mastery gains?

    The Pouches obtained from Ranching and used in Handicrafts boost your Mining gains. (I've been doing Life Skills too much to be able to remember this from the top of my head.) Unfortunately there is no way to boost Gathering Mastery gains.
    Kohaku15 wrote: »
    How do you tell the difference between ranching and farming?

    Ranching is the animal nodes you place in your house (or other people's houses). Farming is the plant nodes you place in your house (or other people's houses). When in Furnishing Mode -> Life Skills, they are sorted in order, so you should be able to tell which is which.