Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Piece of Crap Dungeon drop rate

ShawnyyShawnyy
MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
Posts: 180
Member
edited 6:18PM October 4, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
so im not sure if they did this for just head start players or what but to me this drop rate seems like epic is GODLY unlikely to get unless ur lucky. Pretty much so far I can see the gear gap getting further and further from players with more time (and rng luck) vs the players that have jobs and things they need to do IRL through out the day. If you have time to make 6 chars all day long to farm all ur dungeons just to get half decent gear or farm only to feed ur main you will be good. if ur a 1 character progression type player you will surely fall extremely behind and not because you don't have the will or desire to grind, but the game forces you to play on like 10characters for crap frops in dungeons. ive been hearing people running 30dungeons a day and getting 0 epics... that's a little extreme tbh. at that rate u might as well take away the dungeon limit because it just forces those people that have a limited schedule to fall EXTREMELY far behind
RaphaelOnealMidbossVerloSubglaciousZoee

Comments

  • RandombigwordsRandombigwords
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 580
    Posts: 7
    Member
    The game has been out for less then 4 days and you're complaining it isn't ridiculously easy to get the current endgame gear? Time gating progression by RNG is certainly not fun, but with there only being 2 tiers of endgame gear progression, honestly there's not much else you can do to keep people playing for more then literally 3 days. Once you get 1-3 purples (1 weapon or 2-3 armors) you pretty much get much higher drop rate for purple/better gear (to the point it's basically guaranteed to be filling your slots each run) in the 2100 GS dungeon.

    Yeah, you have a job. You don't have time to play. But that's no reason to complain that you haven't finished your entire endgame set in half a single week. This game will be here for years, enjoy your self a little
    XtonyClassic_SteelJulyanna
  • shokiliciousshokilicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,400
    Posts: 88
    Member
    edited 3:37AM October 5, 2018
    Why do people who have no time to play evenwant to be at the top? Just enjoy the game in your way. No need to rush gear.
    Classic_Steel
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Posts: 128
    Member
    at 4 days, with a 10 dungeon cap per day and 30 dungeons per week and lets say you capped it before you hit 50 so you got a full reset and then did your 10 dungeons for day 4, that means in total you can only have done 40 dungeons, not all of which are at max level... I dont think a sample size of 40 is good enough to start complaining about drop rates less than a week in. Also I almost always assume drop rates were probably higher than they should have been during Beta so they could test if anything wacky happens during certain rare drop criteria... Just... Calm down man.
    Classic_SteelJulyanna
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    Posts: 180
    Member
    The drop rate is crap. It’s a fact. Not my opinion but fact. If you see the dungeon rewards having a possibility of 15+ items and u only get the same 3 items (weapon,hat,top) then there’s a real problem. Then on top of that I don’t even enjoy playing the dungeon because it’s literally 30minutes to run 10tronix runs then boom I can’t do anymore dungeons for the day because it’s an absolute waste of resources if u do..... just kinda dumb.

    If they want the drop rate this crappy at least significantly raise the dungeon limits daily and weekly to like 70 a week or something, make it a 10 reward run per dungeon, or remove the limits all together.
    MidbossFantasykittenNikynoonoo
  • ReignSilverReignSilver
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 320
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Getting 3/15 drops from a pool isn't even bad. Just looking at WoW, people run 4 hour raids for like a 5% chance at getting a single upgrade.
    Classic_Steel
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    Posts: 297
    Member
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    If they want the drop rate this crappy at least significantly raise the dungeon limits daily and weekly to like 70 a week or something, make it a 10 reward run per dungeon, or remove the limits all together.

    Thats why you make alts. Make 5 alts and you can do 50 dungeons/day, 150 dungeons/week.

    Classic_Steel
  • DystopiqDystopiq
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 655
    Posts: 12
    Member
    Dungeon limits are there to force you to use alts which increases the chances of Nexon making money.
    Mvtsui
  • lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited 8:55AM October 5, 2018
    The game has been out for less then 4 days and you're complaining it isn't ridiculously easy to get the current endgame gear? Time gating progression by RNG is certainly not fun, but with there only being 2 tiers of endgame gear progression, honestly there's not much else you can do to keep people playing for more then literally 3 days. Once you get 1-3 purples (1 weapon or 2-3 armors) you pretty much get much higher drop rate for purple/better gear (to the point it's basically guaranteed to be filling your slots each run) in the 2100 GS dungeon.

    Yeah, you have a job. You don't have time to play. But that's no reason to complain that you haven't finished your entire endgame set in half a single week. This game will be here for years, enjoy your self a little

    No one is saying we should be able to complete our entire set in half a week. A weekly limit tied in with very low drop rate does not mix well because you can very easily run 30 a week per character and get absolutely 0 drops or the wrong drops then what? You can't enter the hard dungeons without said gear. You then can't be competitive not because of lack of skill or time but because you got severely unlucky. I'm all for alts and the game is clearly alt friendly with how easy it is to level but it doesn't defend the low drop rates that's there as if people were able to grind the dungeon endlessly.
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    Posts: 180
    Member
    Ok to you guys comments 1 by 1. First this is not WoW this is maple story. It’s not a SOLELY raiding game in which that’s the only real thing to do. However I understand ur comparison however in WoW if my memory is correct I don’t believe you run all ur dungeons to a 10reward cap in 30minutes and sit around till tomorrow for the next dungeon reset.

    Second yes Players could make alts, and i day players because it’s not just about me. I simply use my own experience to explain and express how other players are feeling as they have said venting in the world chat. It’s not about making alts if I as a player only want to focus on that one character or one class. I should not be forced or be REQUIRED to make (let’s say) 10 characters to be able to continue character progression.

    Forced longevity by developers and producers is not the way to make the content last longer. That’s just a way to make players quit ur game faster. Creating longevity in dungeon with extreme crippling restrictions such as dungeon limits + crap drop rate + fair fight + limited revives = people will quit this game within a months time. And I simply say this because it’s what I see happening with new players already complaining they hate the dungeon limit restrictions.

    And to the last comment, the game should not be FORCING players to do anything. It’s a game in which they tout the endless possibilities of things to do. If that is the case we should not be REQUIRED to make more characters if we desired to just focus on 1.

    As I have said before this is not Korea, this is America / global server and the game needs to be Taylored to Americans and global players not South Korean players...
    lillucarioRaphaelOnealMiphaFantasykittenPixalateHinichii
  • RaphaelOnealRaphaelOneal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    Posts: 73
    Member
    edited 9:22AM October 5, 2018
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    so im not sure if they did this for just head start players or what but to me this drop rate seems like epic is GODLY unlikely to get unless ur lucky. Pretty much so far I can see the gear gap getting further and further from players with more time (and rng luck) vs the players that have jobs and things they need to do IRL through out the day. If you have time to make 6 chars all day long to farm all ur dungeons just to get half decent gear or farm only to feed ur main you will be good. if ur a 1 character progression type player you will surely fall extremely behind and not because you don't have the will or desire to grind, but the game forces you to play on like 10characters for crap frops in dungeons. ive been hearing people running 30dungeons a day and getting 0 epics... that's a little extreme tbh. at that rate u might as well take away the dungeon limit because it just forces those people that have a limited schedule to fall EXTREMELY far behind

    I agree with Shawnyy the drop rate is horrendous and needs re-adjustment. It doesnt have to drop crazily often just enough so that you get your fair share of worth. There will still be more dungeons to do after this one and gear will be needed to complete them. Especially with the level cap being raised to 60 on october 10th future dungeons will be added. It makes sense for current dungeons drop rates to be adjusted to allow current level 50 players to gain them faster so they can progress to higher end dungeons and enjoy the game for what it is.

    I also disagree with the statement "there's not much else you can do to keep people playing for more then literally 3 days". There is quite alot of side quests, increasing the stats of your new epic gears, dailies, handicrafts, guild related stuff, mini games, and possibility of PVP being added back into the game which will kill quite a bit of your daily time.

    Not to mention you can always make new characters and collect gear for those characters as well. Maplestory 1 has lasted me over 8 years due to the sheer amount of characters they introduced to the game every so often making me want to level them up and play them. Along with new dungeon releases, level cap increases, and gear progression.

    So the game still has alot of stuff to be added as months go by seeing as how far KMS2 currently is
    ShawnyyLouvainMiphaHinichii
  • KhalykKhalyk
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,400
    Posts: 128
    Member
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    The drop rate is crap. It’s a fact. Not my opinion but fact. If you see the dungeon rewards having a possibility of 15+ items and u only get the same 3 items (weapon,hat,top) then there’s a real problem. Then on top of that I don’t even enjoy playing the dungeon because it’s literally 30minutes to run 10tronix runs then boom I can’t do anymore dungeons for the day because it’s an absolute waste of resources if u do..... just kinda dumb.

    If they want the drop rate this crappy at least significantly raise the dungeon limits daily and weekly to like 70 a week or something, make it a 10 reward run per dungeon, or remove the limits all together.

    I like how I stated statistics, and you responded with the evidence of "Nuh uh cuz I said so." Solid argument there bud. The game isnt designed to be completed in a day.
    Julyanna
  • MONSTRMONSTR
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,240
    Posts: 33
    Member
    The betas had way better drop rates. You guys are forgetting you need several of the same pieces of equipment for higher level enhancements. These Dungeons need to be more rewardable especially with the limitations.
  • lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    Posts: 102
    Member
    Khalyk wrote: »
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    The drop rate is crap. It’s a fact. Not my opinion but fact. If you see the dungeon rewards having a possibility of 15+ items and u only get the same 3 items (weapon,hat,top) then there’s a real problem. Then on top of that I don’t even enjoy playing the dungeon because it’s literally 30minutes to run 10tronix runs then boom I can’t do anymore dungeons for the day because it’s an absolute waste of resources if u do..... just kinda dumb.

    If they want the drop rate this crappy at least significantly raise the dungeon limits daily and weekly to like 70 a week or something, make it a 10 reward run per dungeon, or remove the limits all together.

    I like how I stated statistics, and you responded with the evidence of "Nuh uh cuz I said so." Solid argument there bud. The game isnt designed to be completed in a day.

    No one saying they want to complete the game in one day. The drop rates potentially being higher in the beta doesn't mean anything cause even in there they were abysmally low. The only reason it wasn't as bad then was cause Nexon had GM events to give people mesos to actually buy gear so they can get to the content in a reasonable time.
    ShawnyyRaphaelOneal
  • AdeleciaAdelecia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    Posts: 41
    Member
    I think the real question should be: Are the drop rates are lower or the same as the Korean version?
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    Posts: 297
    Member
    If you came to Maplestory 2 just to focus on dungeons and cry how you need to make alts to drop gear faster, then its not right game for you. Maplestory 2 isnt your typical MMORPG. Its a game in which you focus on social stuff. You want gear ASAP? Make alts and spam dungeons or make money other ways on your main and buy gear from market (guess what, dungeons are not the only way to make money)
  • lillucariolillucario
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,895
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited 11:12AM October 5, 2018
    Aynix wrote: »
    If you came to Maplestory 2 just to focus on dungeons and cry how you need to make alts to drop gear faster, then its not right game for you. Maplestory 2 isnt your typical MMORPG. Its a game in which you focus on social stuff. You want gear ASAP? Make alts and spam dungeons or make money other ways on your main and buy gear from market (guess what, dungeons are not the only way to make money)

    Sure dungeons aren't the only way to make money but they are the best way to make money. Daily missions give an okay amount of mesos but the bulk of potential money comes from running dungeons. You dismantle all the blue gear and you can sell onyx crystals. Assuming you don't need them yourself that is. And if you get an epic drop that isn't for your job then you can sell or trade that item right there. The other alternative is to level multiple alts and use the money you gain from epic quest. Which goes back to what Shawnyy said, alts shouldn't be required as bad as they are right now. I'm all for leveling alts but it doesn't defend the poor drop rates that these dungeons have with such a low weekly limit. But unfortunately it's all we can do right now.
    ShawnyyRaphaelOneal
  • ImsyuImsyu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 795
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited 11:52AM October 5, 2018
    Being a social type MMORPG is fine but you are also capped at daily things for life skills as well so it leaves little things to do once you cap your daily tasks like dungeons, life skills and your daily missions/guild missions.

    I don't think the issue is that people want full epics etc is that normal dungeons should not be capped cause they are that, normal dungeons. I can see hard dungeons and raids being capped cause that makes sense but going by other MMOs usually normal dungeons are there for leveling/basic gearing and are normally not capped.

    Exploration/Trophy hunting are finite cause once you are able to do all of them it becomes a daily lul cause you do your dailies then that is it cause you are done doing the other social aspects that people are preaching about and i am not counting producing ugc/housing cause those two are technically infinite.

    And people will say make alts to by pass the cap which i understand is a thing but it should not be required at all but should just be a benefit/surplus of things you get per week and also making mesos outside of dungeons if you cant get into the hard dungeons then your money making is limited and granted casuals who are also buying stuff like pots/music/fishing stuff it gets pricey as a wizard doing dungeons without a priest a stack of 100 pots can go for 400k like really that is half my wallet at times.
    ShawnyyFantasykitten
  • AynixAynix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,095
    Posts: 297
    Member
    edited 12:11PM October 5, 2018
    "Imsyu wrote: »
    but going by other MMOs usually normal dungeons are there for leveling/basic gearing and are normally not capped.

    Here is where you are wrong. in EVERY korean "dungeon crawler" we had dungeon cap or some type of energy/stamina you use to run dungeons that prevents you from spamming dungeons all day long.
    Imsyu wrote: »
    Exploration/Trophy hunting are finite cause once you are able to do all of them it becomes a daily lul cause you do your dailies then that is it cause you are done doing the other social aspects that people are preaching about and i am not counting producing ugc/housing cause those two are technically infinite.

    Exploration/Trophy are not things that people talk about when they say this game is "social MMORPG". They are talking about all those events you get everyday, like quiz, race etc.
  • RaphaelOnealRaphaelOneal
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,450
    Posts: 73
    Member
    edited 12:37PM October 5, 2018
    Khalyk wrote: »
    Shawnyy wrote: »
    The drop rate is crap. It’s a fact. Not my opinion but fact. If you see the dungeon rewards having a possibility of 15+ items and u only get the same 3 items (weapon,hat,top) then there’s a real problem. Then on top of that I don’t even enjoy playing the dungeon because it’s literally 30minutes to run 10tronix runs then boom I can’t do anymore dungeons for the day because it’s an absolute waste of resources if u do..... just kinda dumb.

    If they want the drop rate this crappy at least significantly raise the dungeon limits daily and weekly to like 70 a week or something, make it a 10 reward run per dungeon, or remove the limits all together.

    I like how I stated statistics, and you responded with the evidence of "Nuh uh cuz I said so." Solid argument there bud. The game isnt designed to be completed in a day.

    It wont be completed in a day since you'll be capped at 30 dungeon runs in a day with a chance of not getting a single epic gear lmaooo. Then gotta wait another week for epic which can fustrate a person pretty bad. Atleast if you can get an epic or two within the runs woulda been nice
    Shawnyy
  • ShawnyyShawnyy
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,120
    Posts: 180
    Member
    So I don’t know if you have been reading what I said or not @Aynix but I’ll say it once more for you to help you understand what myself and frankly a lot of the other players in here have been saying....

    This
    Is
    Not
    South Korea!

    This
    Is
    America / global server


    And being such the game should be taylored around American and global server style games not Korean dramas because we are not Korean.... I don’t speak Korean nor have I and most likely a lot of the players that play this game, have ever been to South Korea.

    That being said we are simply saying this. We don’t mind making alt characters. In fact I have an alt character... and it’s about to be 50 as well as a main with 2100+ GS however that doesn’t change the fact that the drop rate is not good. And when I say it’s not good I mean when you consider all things involved. People keep posting “oh it’s only day 3” and all this crap but frankly it’s only day 3 or 4 or whatever day and Yet you have people with 6 and 7 lv50s so I don’t think they really give 2 craps about the limits.

    Anyways when I comment on the drop rates I think of everything in consideration that goes into that. The fact that it takes like 30potions a run for some dungeons give or take and for some it takes well over that which costs a lot of mesos. I take the fact that u only get 10runs a day and 30a week into consideration. I take the fact that fair fight cripples your damage to the point where it doesn’t matter if ur gear is upgraded or not. And many other things but the fact is that with low drop rate like this, you basically are required to make alts if you want to continue to progress your character at any half decent rate.

    You take a look at some of the people that are near the top, they are only there because they have more characters and frankly a lot more time to play and level those characters. And I’m not saying that’s bad to make alts cuz I have alts but what I’m saying is that when you have these levels of restrictions on dungeons and anything dungeon related, AS WELL AS the drop rates this low, it makes a lot of players unhappy and some to the point that they might not play the game for very long.

    And if you want proof just take a look st the world chat of all the people complaining “I’ve dont 80runs and 0 epics” “I’ve done 100 runs and only 1 epic total”. To me that’s a little sad and if that’s the only way they know how to make the game last longer, for the sake longevity, I call that sadness and I call that absolute laziness because they don’t want to actually update or even give a crap about updating anything. They just wanna sit back and slow roll it and watch the money flow in but I will tell you right now that the money will slowly slow down from flowing in if this is how it’s gonna go.

    The dungeons feel like crap. They feel very unrewarding and I don’t feel like playing if I feel i rewarded every single dungeon run and then on top of that I only get 10 unrewarding runs of crap a day then I have to wait 24 hours for the next load of unrewarding dungeon crap.

    I wouldn’t mind if they removed the limit and made the boss take a whole lot longer to kill because then u have an actual fight with a nice team composition setup and when u get ur epics or whatever drops you feel a bit more rewarded and satisfied with ur time you put in.
    RaphaelOnealLouvainlillucarioImsyuRadiantRayMidbossFantasykittenPilikenAmericanWeebZintack