Let's enjoy the final days! Check out what changes and events started this March here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56485/sunset-in-maple-world
MapleStory 2's servers will be officially closing on May 27th: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/56486/service-discontinuation

Red Merets

MichaelMouseMichaelMouse
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,185
edited 11:50PM September 22, 2018 in General Chat
I'm not exactly understanding this decision of having two types of merets.

"Red Meret shop currently is composed of outfit items, emotes, mounts, etc. There's handful of items that are only in Blue Meret Shop which Style Crate will be one, super world chats, name change, gender change and more." - @NX_LAMBCOOK

So when someone buys mesos with blue merets, the merchant gets red merets. However, red meret stores have less items than the blue meret stores. I can't say much as we don't know all the limitations of red merets are. But it just doesn't make sense to me that there are different types of merets in the first place.

Next thing you know, yellow merets are a thing.
ExtentInstinct
  1. What's your favorite meret?33 votes
    1. Red Meret
       6% (2 votes)
    2. Orange Meret
       3% (1 vote)
    3. Yellow Meret
       6% (2 votes)
    4. Green Meret
       9% (3 votes)
    5. Blue Meret
       45% (15 votes)
    6. Purple Meret
       30% (10 votes)

Comments

• MarionetteMarionette
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,405
    GET YOUR HOCUS POCUS IMAGINARY MERETS OUTA MY WHOLESOME CHINESE MESO FARMING GAME
    DanDKLuniiFluffernutidontreallyknowmanGricely
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,645
    Red Merets cannot be resold as they cannot be used to gift items. This limits bots from converting mesos to real money through the trading system.
    LuniiPinchAlzackHairyHareidontreallyknowmanGricely
  • LuniiLunii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,010
    DanDK wrote: »
    Red Merets cannot be resold as they cannot be used to gift items. This limits bots from converting mesos to real money through the trading system.

I never thought of it that way. I suppose that's a good way to limit them.
  • ExtentInstinctExtentInstinct
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,280
    Dan made a great point, in addition, if you think of it in another way, let's say red merits has access of all THE THINGS blue merits does. That won't make any good out of it for Nexon because some people would be like "Oh, I can buy this too, sweet! I'll keep on saving mesos and trade them so I can buy this too". Most people would be like that way and Nexon would barely make any profit, even the merit exchange would be low in comparison to the demand.

Ha! Btw little mouse...I know why you want yellow merits.....cheese right? Ha! They won't have same taste. NO CHEESE 4 YUU
    GricelySoulXCloud