Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17
Closed

One Character Headstart?

TopPriestTopPriest
MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,475
edited 9:41PM September 7, 2018 in General Chat
I've been hearing the rumors that headstart will only have one character. However, no one has confirmed that this information is 100% true. Supposedly, it was stated at the premiere event, but some people who went have said that this either did not happen or they did not hear it. Can we get an actual confirmation on if headstart will only allow one character? And if it is already stated somewhere, can someone post where?
Subglacious

Best Answer

• DubuDubu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    confirmed by cuddles today there will be 6 free slots available at headstart
    SoulXCloudRurumoAdeleciaSubglacious

Answers

• AlzackAlzack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,745
    It hasn't been confirmed officially anywhere yet as far as I remember. I really hope that Nexon doesn't keep us in suspense until headstart and will answer such a simple question. I think we'll start with the same case scenario like during CBTs if not stated otherwise. I'm looking forward to publisher's response in that matter shortly before October 1st, if we get any at all.
    Kind regards!
    DanDKSubglaciousHekuSisterFisteryukheii
  • hankiepixhankiepix
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,640
    Well that probably will be the case, since you can have up to 8 characters, and that would mean 6 extra names to reserve ahead of non founders players, its a shame really.
  • 3FeetOfFun3FeetOfFun
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,680
    hankiepix wrote: »
    Well that probably will be the case, since you can have up to 8 characters, and that would mean 6 extra names to reserve ahead of non founders players, its a shame really.

I think if you paid for a free game, you should get things like that.
    HekuiZallenDeathCatlolisymDrawVixieFluffernutyukheiiUnkownCat
  • KewkkyKewkky
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 6,235
    Well, people can reserve their names now even without having purchased a Founder's Pack, so I guess that argument is out the window.

I highly doubt we'll be able to play with only one character. I'm almost 100% confident that you'll be able to make alts.
    XtonyVixieDanDKRurumo
  • DeathCatDeathCat
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 995
    hope we can make ALTS on oct 1st... i want to reserve more names...
    Drawyukheii
  • DrawDraw
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 400
    DeathCat wrote: »

same but a lot are getting taken now lol
  • 2D2D
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,325

i mean if you really want to do that, make/use more accounts to hold names for you until launch. people are already doing this, and at launch you will probably have way less names for you to choose from
  • CylilCylil
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,670

i mean if you really want to do that, make/use more accounts to hold names for you until launch. people are already doing this, and at launch you will probably have way less names for you to choose from

You wanna disclose any names?
    I'm sure GM's would love to hear more. :p
    DanDK
  • JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    yea it's way too late now to reserve more names. All the top "godly" names are already taken by people who create bots in order to make multiple accounts at once. So if you didn't get the names within the first week then you're basically sol.
    DanDK
  • HexabusaHexabusa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,105
    edited 6:24PM September 10, 2018
    I'm curious to know the answer to this, too. I'm betting you can make alts during head start since non-founders made their characters already.
    Joint wrote: »
    yea it's way too late now to reserve more names. All the top "godly" names are already taken by people who create bots in order to make multiple accounts at once. So if you didn't get the names within the first week then you're basically sol.

You'd be surprised how many good names there are still, at least I think so. Before I made my Mushking character, I just tried a bunch of stuff to see what wasn't taken in NA East. The first name I wanted was taken but my second choice wasn't and I'm really happy I got it. Really, as long as you can live without being the Kirito, then there should be a lot of nice sounding/unique stuff during head start.

Btw, how do you know there were bots and not just people who reserved during the first wave?
    DanDK
  • JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    Hexabusa wrote: »
    I'm curious to know the answer to this, too. I'm betting you can make alts during head start since non-founders made their characters already.

You'd be surprised how many good names there are still, at least I think so. Before I made my Mushking character, I just tried a bunch of stuff to see what wasn't taken in NA East. The first name I wanted was taken but my second choice wasn't and I'm really happy I got it. Really, as long as you can live without being the Kirito, then there should be a lot of nice sounding/unique stuff during head start.

Btw, how do you know there were bots and not just people who reserved during the first wave?

Well I don't but seeing as it takes a good few mins to make a brand new account up (Nexon account+new email) it's unrealistic that a person would be able to make that many accounts up and nab majority of the good names up. Plus a lot of mmos people use these type of macros in order speed up the process, and lastly we already witness people hacking in other Nexon games and I believe there were some hacks already in Mushking royal( correct me if I am wrong here.) So to say that no one created bots to snag up names is silly imo.
    DanDKHexabusa
  • KaiieaKaiiea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Forum Moderator
    2D wrote: »

The maximum that you could make until release date is four more though. So, I could see how people are hoping for full access to reserve names on Oct 1st.

I doubt it. If Founders status applies to one character, why would the other X amount of characters with non founder status get a head start?

It makes more sense to me that they would allow those of us in head start to create multiple characters. The full game will be released at that point, so, I would think that the character select screen would be fully functional.
    Heku
  • HexabusaHexabusa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,105
    Well I don't but seeing as it takes a good few mins to make a brand new account up (Nexon account+new email) it's unrealistic that a person would be able to make that many accounts up and nab majority of the good names up. Plus a lot of mmos people use these type of macros in order speed up the process, and lastly we already witness people hacking in other Nexon games and I believe there were some hacks already in Mushking royal( correct me if I am wrong here.) So to say that no one created bots to snag up names is silly imo.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, then. Aren't people queue botting too? I always see like 10 players die instantly at the start when watching MKR matches. I know in other games, people sell igns and it's 100% scummy (I don't know who would be foolish enough to buy from there). Names mean nothing in the long run but people treat them like gold.

I never cared for igns much. The only thing I don't like is having my forum name (unexpectedly changed) and then get ignored. /jk I love you Daddy Nexon.
    yukheiiJoint
  • DubuDubu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,085
    SoulXCloudRurumoAdeleciaSubglacious
  • XphobiaXphobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,000
    edited 10:55AM September 23, 2018
    Part 2
  • SeekerScorpioSeekerScorpio
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,255
    edited 4:22PM September 17, 2018
    Xphobia wrote: »
    Dubu wrote: »

where

It was stated by Cuddles on Maplestory 2 Official Discord.
    Xphobia
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    It only takes about 6hours to reach lvl 50 on 1 character. If they give us a one character head start it will just be jacking off to the F2P community while ruining the experience of people who actually paid to support the game in its early launch. In this case, reserving names is an over hyped issue.
    XxPoseidonxX
  • BluclueBluclue
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,190
    If they are going to implement a 1 character headstart, i would prefer if i didnt have the headstart at all and have everything just be released on the 1st.
  • XphobiaXphobia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 4,000
    edited 10:54AM September 23, 2018
    Part 2
  • AdeleciaAdelecia
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,375
    Dubu wrote: »

You da real MVP
This discussion has been closed.