Check out the patch notes for the v17 Precursor Update here: http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/53778/precursor-update-v17

HAVE MAPLESTORY 2 IN ASIA!

Imga2002Imga2002
MapleStory 2 Rep: 200
edited 8:11AM September 9, 2018 in General Chat
Hello! So i recently found out that my country is not in the list of where the game is available in, I saw countries in Asia mostly were not available to access the game! I was so hyped for it

Comments

• MoonlighIMoonlighI
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 695
    I doubt they i.p blocked people just use a vpn if they did lol
  • VixieVixie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,400
    Imga2002 wrote: »
    Hello! So i recently found out that my country is not in the list of where the game is available in, I saw countries in Asia mostly were not available to access the game! I was so hyped for it

There's Chinese MS2 and Korean MS2, came out years before our version will.
  • NumberNumber
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,605
    edited 3:47PM September 9, 2018
    Vixie wrote: »
    Imga2002 wrote: »

There's Chinese MS2 and Korean MS2, came out years before our version will.
    They probably don't understand Korean or Chinese language tho and prefer a language they can understand like English etc. They need to make some good game publishing companies for North and West Asia (aka Russia+ and Middle East Countries). They seem like an untapped market.

• HexabusaHexabusa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,105
    Number wrote: »
    They probably don't understand Korean or Chinese language tho and prefer a language they cant understand like English etc.

There are english patches available for those, I'm pretty sure.

I'm not sure if this discussion is allowed here, though. VPNs and getting a Korean/Chinese account are pretty involved and usually official sites are against this topic.

Vixie
  • MarkMMarkM
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 11,670
    I have no information regarding Nexon's plans to add more service regions in the future, but please do not consider using a VPN to bypass region blocks as this is a violation of the Terms of Service.
    Imga2002DanDK
  • Imga2002Imga2002
    Hexabusa wrote: »
    Number wrote: »
    They probably don't understand Korean or Chinese language tho and prefer a language they cant understand like English etc.

There are english patches available for those, I'm pretty sure.

I'm not sure if this discussion is allowed here, though. VPNs and getting a Korean/Chinese account are pretty involved and usually official sites are against this topic.

I won’t ise the VPN :D, I already tried the chinese version but when I put the english patch it worked but I could not play the game even the intro was not working
  • Imga2002Imga2002
    edited 10:05PM September 9, 2018
    MarkM wrote: »
    I have no information regarding Nexon's plans to add more service regions in the future, but please do not consider using a VPN to bypass region blocks as this is a violation of the Terms of Service.

Very disappointed to hear this I hope it comes here soon.. also trust me I won’t be using VPN haha
  • lolisymlolisym
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,830

I find this hilarious... what is Nexon going to do? Block them from the game if they find out? Lmao what a joke.
  • JointJoint
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,515
    edited 5:50PM September 10, 2018
    lolisym wrote: »

I find this hilarious... what is Nexon going to do? Block them from the game if they find out? Lmao what a joke.

It's considered tampering with the game. AKA hacking. Most games that are in certain regions only do not allow vpns. Another reason they do this is so they cater to the audiences they have selected to cater to. They are not meant to be played outside the area. Just like how NA played KMS2 it isn't allowed to be played there. The only ways to get inside where through ways that were against the rules. To answer your question though then yes they would just block them from the game from further playing it.
    HexabusaDanDK
  • HexabusaHexabusa
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,105
    It's considered a third party program, so yeah VFM are kind of obligated to advise against it.

From Maplestory Tech Q&A:

A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like WiFi Hotspots and the Internet.

VPN is considered a third party program, therefore, it is a violation of our Terms of Use. We suggest refraining from using VPN to play our games. Using a VPN may lead to the following consequences:

Permanent Ban
    Unable to assist with item recovery
    Unable to connect to our games

DanDK
  • lolisymlolisym
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,830
    Joint wrote: »
    To answer your question though

It was rhetorical, pointing out the alternative to maybe getting blocked is already being blocked.