Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Give us an item to change class once RB comes out

FutahFutah
MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
Posts: 8
Member
edited 7:26AM September 11, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
A lot of people bought Founder's pack specifically because they wanted to be the first to reserve their names.
With the release of Rune Blader, there's a lot of people that want to main that class, but their names are now stuck to another character, deleting and remaking said character isn't an option either because of the founder's pack rewards.

So, an easy solution would be giving a temporary item that lets people change their classes into RB once it comes out, so that they can keep their names and trophies that they got during munchkin... While also not losing their founder's rewards that they payed so much money for...

So, this is my plead, I hope I'm heard and that people agree with me, though I'm not too hopeful, I can at least voice my opinion.

EDIT: Like Pinch suggested below, a name change ticket would also kind of do the trick, except we'd still be kinda screwed on our munchkin progress in this pre-event, since it would be stuck to our alt character and not our new runeblade. Our Founders rewards would also be stuck in that character and not usable by our runeblader, not to mention we payed for a 9-day head start, but it's useless to play on that period since runeblader only comes out in the 10th. But yes, technically, a name change ticket would allow us to keep our stuff (in an alt character) then allow us to make a new runeblader with the name we want, but for these reasons, I still believe a chass change ticket specific to runeblade would be a better option.

EDIT2: Keep in mind that this is only being an issue because they're making things that people PAYED for completely useless, they're screwing up people that payed up to $100 for rewards that they cannot make use of. Were that not the case, this wouldn't be an issue and everyone would be fine with making this new character.
  1. Do you agree with my proposition?49 votes
    1. I agree
       63% (31 votes)
    2. I disagree
       33% (16 votes)
    3. I have a better idea (write below)
       4% (2 votes)

Comments

  • SixaxisSixaxis
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,795
    Posts: 207
    Member
    Sounds like a great idea, although it'd likely have to be a manually-done service since I doubt the Devs would stop the fine-tuning of the game with 3 weeks left until Founder's to code a free one-time service. Then later on, it should be thrown into the Cash Shop as a purchasable service.

    FutahMintyliciousDreaming
  • DanDKDanDK
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 33,535
    Posts: 2,569
    Member
    Sixaxis wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea, although it'd likely have to be a manually-done service

    I can only imagine how long it'd take for them to do this manually considering how slow they are at making automatic solutions in general.
  • PinchPinch
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,625
    Posts: 76
    Member
    edited 12:01PM September 7, 2018
    An easier solution would be to offer name changes, so once rune blader comes out on Oct 10th you could change your first character's name to something else, then your second character (rune blader) to the first character's old name > <;; something like this will probably cost merets though, Idk~

    Edit: Also, founder pack rewards can be transfered between characters by using account storage. Mushking can also be transferred, the only thing that wouldn't be transferable from mushking would be the emotes if you already used them.. And um.. trophies are character bound so you would have to redo those.
  • TamakiSakuraTamakiSakura
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 461
    Member
    Three words: Class Change Coupon.
    HekuFutahVerlobamsoul
  • FutahFutah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Posts: 8
    Member
    Pinch wrote: »
    Edit: Also, founder pack rewards can be transfered between characters by using account storage. Mushking can also be transferred, the only thing that wouldn't be transferable from mushking would be the emotes if you already used them.. And um.. trophies are character bound so you would have to redo those.
    I asked them and they couldn't confirm that all the founder's rewards are tradeable like that. Since they can't confirm, I'm guessing there's some that aren't
  • FutahFutah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Posts: 8
    Member
    Three words: Class Change Coupon.
    That's basically what I'm asking for, just gift one as part of the release event that only works to change to RB, shouldn't be much trouble... Except that coupon didn't exist in cbt as far as I can recall
  • OlujiwanOlujiwan
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 7,450
    Posts: 542
    Forum Moderator
    I highly doubt this will happen. Otherwise, they could have just released RB from day 1 of the headstart.

    In any case, it doesn't matter. The solution is fairly simple. On launch, create an alt character to play with and when RB comes out you can delete your 'name' character and remake it.
  • FutahFutah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Posts: 8
    Member
    Olujiwan wrote: »
    I highly doubt this will happen. Otherwise, they could have just released RB from day 1 of the headstart.

    In any case, it doesn't matter. The solution is fairly simple. On launch, create an alt character to play with and when RB comes out you can delete your 'name' character and remake it.

    The problem is that the founder's rewards go to the previously made character, and if there's rewards that aren't tradeable, we can't really delete that character like that... Plus all the progress we did in the mushking pre-event is wasted
    SubglaciousHekuEmynorSapphire9thTamakiSakura
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,450
    Posts: 220
    Member
    edited 6:22PM September 9, 2018
    I like these threads. Keep making them. This issue is far bigger than the little of what we see posted in the forum about it.

    It's quite the trouble to release a new class day one of launch. Only to seperate the launch date between paying members (founders) and non paying members, and then force the founders to play the game twice because unconveniently the new class wasn't present on their day one launch.

    Moreover, we even lose our nontradeable founder benefits to remake our characters, and it's a complete waste of time and resources for us to participate in mushking royale if we want to play this class as we keep almost nothing in terms of progress on a new character.

    It's so antithetical to the concept of pay to play, one actually feels screwed for spending their money in the first place.

    It would have been okay if Runeblader was never announced or if it was announced when the founders packs started to sale. However, since the announcement was after the majority of would be players bought founder packs, it's very not okay.
    EmynorFutah
  • EmynorEmynor
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,465
    Posts: 18
    Member
    I've been debating whether or not I wanted to switch to playing Runeblader or not because of the date of release on it, and I'm beginning to lean more towards the side of not switching.

    I'd absolutely hate to have to start over, nullifying all the progress I made during Mushking Royale and the 9 day head start, and possibly lose out on my founders pack rewards. I understand that I could make an alt and play Runeblader on it, but since I planned on using it as my main class, I'd rather not lose the name I reserved, trophies, life skill experience, and other things I gained from playing before the full release.
  • StarkusStarkus
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,770
    Posts: 72
    Member
    The closest thing to "job change" would be how job changes are done in Maplestory.
    If you are a Thief, you could switch to Assassin. Only because they are of the Rogue selection
    or Knight to Berserker, and so on.
    I don't want to be crude, but I will be honest. I do hate how Rune Blader is not on head start.
    I dislike how I must force myself to play classes I either lost interest or are just "second" options, but it will be worth gaining the mesos and items.
    My point is, an idea like this may be nice, but only if you aren't REALLY willing to put in the effort to start all over again.
    What is the point of starting from the top, having no experience, and walking in blindly into the dark, when you can start at the bottom and
    grow with the class.
    I like to think of this class as one that would follow its own Bushido, a code of the samurai, but samurai with Blade and Spell,
    and If you can't start back in the bottom, then you aren't truly worthy of the name "Rune Blader".
    As master Ishura says: "Don't skip on your training."

    Blade and Spell, friend.

  • FutahFutah
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 765
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited 7:18AM September 11, 2018
    Starkus wrote: »
    The closest thing to "job change" would be how job changes are done in Maplestory.
    If you are a Thief, you could switch to Assassin. Only because they are of the Rogue selection
    or Knight to Berserker, and so on.
    I don't want to be crude, but I will be honest. I do hate how Rune Blader is not on head start.
    I dislike how I must force myself to play classes I either lost interest or are just "second" options, but it will be worth gaining the mesos and items.
    My point is, an idea like this may be nice, but only if you aren't REALLY willing to put in the effort to start all over again.
    What is the point of starting from the top, having no experience, and walking in blindly into the dark, when you can start at the bottom and
    grow with the class.
    I like to think of this class as one that would follow its own Bushido, a code of the samurai, but samurai with Blade and Spell,
    and If you can't start back in the bottom, then you aren't truly worthy of the name "Rune Blader".
    As master Ishura says: "Don't skip on your training."

    Blade and Spell, friend.

    You completely miss the point. The point is that people PAYED to reserve these names, they PAYED to get these rewards, and many of these people want their main to be runeblader, and if they just release it normally, that name they saved and rewards are pretty much useless, since it's going to be an alt character for them.

    Starting over isn't an issue, I can get levels and trophies back, it's not a huge deal, the problem is things that I should have because I PAYED for and I will not be able to because I'll have to delete my character in order to have a Runeblader with the name I want.
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    Posts: 529
    Member
    I think it's important to remember, in this situation, that when the Founder's Pack and name reservation was announced, Runeblades weren't even on the radar for players. People that bought Founder's Packs before that announcement did so without knowing whether Runeblades would be playable at launch, so I don't think they have any right to complain about the situation, unless their complaint is that they wouldn't have bought the Founder's Pack if they'd known Runeblades would be playable.

    Yes, it might suck for players that want to main a Runeblade that Runeblades aren't available until the first patch, but the same is true of players that want to main a Soul Binder or a Striker. When those classes are released, people will have to start over on a new character without all the MKR trophies and Founder's Pack rewards. I don't think anyone's going to be complaining, when the Soul Binder is released in December, that they weren't able to make their first character, back in August, a Soul Binder.

    It's helpful to not think of Runeblades as a release class, but to think of them as a new class coming in the first major content update. Because, let's be frank, the full game will have been playable for a week and a half before Runeblades are added.
    LastSaturdayKaiiea
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,535
    Posts: 299
    Member
    They should just offer a grace period after release where people can get their name changed for free, so people can get the names they reserved on the characters they want to play. We already know GMs can change names so I doubt it would be that difficult to do.
  • KaiieaKaiiea
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    Posts: 80
    Forum Moderator
    If they were going to implement anything, I think a name change voucher would be the most fair way to do so. I honestly don't like the idea of people being able to just change classes. Plus, it probably sounds easier in theory than in practicality... For example, how would it affect class-specific quest lines? Yikes!

    I don't think it's quite fair to say that what we purchased will be useless. We knew what type of items and access we were getting in our Founders Packs. Nexon never guaranteed anything about a runeblade during the Founders Packs promotion, yet we bought them anyway.

    One thing no one is really talking about in this argument is this... Perhaps it is intended that no one get to reserve a name on a runeblade? Also, if you are max level and you were to switch your class to a runeblade, then, bam...max level runeblade instantly...without having gone through any of the quests for it. It's really just not realistic.
  • XxPoseidonxXXxPoseidonxX
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,450
    Posts: 220
    Member
    edited 9:29PM September 11, 2018
    I think it's important to remember, in this situation, that when the Founder's Pack and name reservation was announced, Runeblades weren't even on the radar for players. People that bought Founder's Packs before that announcement did so without knowing whether Runeblades would be playable at launch, so I don't think they have any right to complain about the situation, unless their complaint is that they wouldn't have bought the Founder's Pack if they'd known Runeblades would be playable.

    Yes, it might suck for players that want to main a Runeblade that Runeblades aren't available until the first patch, but the same is true of players that want to main a Soul Binder or a Striker. When those classes are released, people will have to start over on a new character without all the MKR trophies and Founder's Pack rewards. I don't think anyone's going to be complaining, when the Soul Binder is released in December, that they weren't able to make their first character, back in August, a Soul Binder.

    It's helpful to not think of Runeblades as a release class, but to think of them as a new class coming in the first major content update. Because, let's be frank, the full game will have been playable for a week and a half before Runeblades are added.

    Well the thing is I wouldn't have bought my Founders Packs if I knew Runeblade would be playable only after headstart. I wouldn't have necessarily bought a Founders Pack if I knew Fair Fight would be enabled and lumistones among other items would be removed. It's even more certain that I would not have bought a Founders Pack if I knew non-founders would receive name reservation as well as the possibility of being able to farm premium items through Mushking Royale. And I most definitely wouldn't have bought a Founders Pack if I knew I would have to delete my character with the founders items, emotes, and other potentially untradeable rewards to make a Runeblader class merely 10 days after headstart.

    It's not just about what we paid for or what we didn't pay for. It's about the principle of things. It's about the fact that despite the several hundred thousand and more USD Nexon has made through the sale of Founders Packs before the game has even launched, they're still willing to let founding players suffer these issues and setbacks.

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    I feel Nexon didn't advertise to us correctly and exactly what we were purchasing with a Founders Pack. The rewards were left in ambiguity and the sales were continuously buffed through announcements on forums and social media. For example, by not announcing the specifics of name reservation until the last minute, and the technical issues that were present despite so many of us taking time off from work and school. There was no compensation for this, and eventually we learned non-founders were able to receive the same name reservation. Moreover, Nexon's choice of not clarifying the start and end dates of headstart until well after the sale of founders packs and beginning of name reservations only to later announce that players who will participate in the headstart will not be able to play the new class they will release at launch to all players. This is in addition to all the updates and changes to the game following the close of CBT2 that players who bought Founders Packs could have in no way, shape, or form anticipated.
  • NaraNara
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 675
    Posts: 26
    Member
    Name change probably won't be an issue, I'm sure devs have no problem with adding a cash shop item that'll fix that.

    Loss of progress for characters, and potentially the content from the Founder's Pack if it can't be transferred over... that really does blow for people wanting to make Runebladers.

    But I do agree with what @DrYoshiyahu said, the class itself wasn't a part of the pack nor the head start release. It was more of a "new patch" added later on. Can't complain about not being able to adjust the situation in our favors. It just appears to suck because it turned out Runebladers would release so close to the head start release. Would there be less complaints if the class was released much later? Probably not, since no one wants to wait even longer.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    edited 5:25AM September 12, 2018
    I think it's important to remember, in this situation, that when the Founder's Pack and name reservation was announced, Runeblades weren't even on the radar for players. People that bought Founder's Packs before that announcement did so without knowing whether Runeblades would be playable at launch, so I don't think they have any right to complain about the situation, unless their complaint is that they wouldn't have bought the Founder's Pack if they'd known Runeblades would be playable.

    Yes, it might suck for players that want to main a Runeblade that Runeblades aren't available until the first patch, but the same is true of players that want to main a Soul Binder or a Striker. When those classes are released, people will have to start over on a new character without all the MKR trophies and Founder's Pack rewards. I don't think anyone's going to be complaining, when the Soul Binder is released in December, that they weren't able to make their first character, back in August, a Soul Binder.

    It's helpful to not think of Runeblades as a release class, but to think of them as a new class coming in the first major content update. Because, let's be frank, the full game will have been playable for a week and a half before Runeblades are added.

    Actually, it most certainly is a reason to complain. A class being released later on is fine because it means you are able to just play the game and not really worry about it till it's release. Just play another class until then. But we are talking about 9 days here. Runeblader wasn't even on the table before, so it wasn't a problem. But now that it is on the table it IS a problem. People who want to have it as their main class means those 9 days head start is worthless to them unless they plan to continue to play the class they created during those 9 days.

    I am sorry, but we have every reason to complain because it's stupid. Even if you tell us to not think of it as a release class, it doesn't change the fact that it IS a release class nor does it change the fact that it ruins the head start for paying customers who want to main that class.
    Nara wrote: »
    Would there be less complaints if the class was released much later? Probably not, since no one wants to wait even longer.

    Actually, I would argue there would absolutely be fewer complaints, as I explained above. It creates more problems for head start players. Waiting for a class a bit into the future is one thing. You can still play another class till then. But having it so close means anything you play first is pretty much wasted time. In other words, it creates more negative situations to complain about.

    As I said in a previous thread on this subject. It's clear Nexon didn't think this through before deciding to do this. They are screwing over paying players who want to main a runeblader. Again, it's one thing to play another class for a month or so, at least it means it's a character you will be playing for some time. But making a character just to play it for 9 days and then have to restart is stupid.

    Edit: BTW, I don't even plan to play a Runeblader, so it's not like I am saying these things from a place of bias. Just from my perspective, I can understand why people would be irritated by it. If I had a head start only to find out the class I wanted to play is being released in just a week or so after the head start, I would be pissed. I would probably not even start the game till then because why play those 9 days at all?

    However, worse than that .. it created a situation where paying players have to work around trying to get their items from their founders to transfer over.

    It's even more certain that I would not have bought a Founders Pack if I knew non-founders would receive name reservation as well

    Not a very good reason if you ask me. A name reservation is so you can get a name early. Giving name reservations later on to non-paying players didn't hinder your ability to still get names in earlier than they did, which is literally the point of name reservations. If anything, I don't even know if I would call what the free players have as name reservations, to begin with, because everyone can do it. It's literally no different than if they just released the game.

    Paying players still got to reserve early, is my point. With that said, some people may have assumed the name reservations were going to continue until essentially head start and end at release. But I have to ask, why would anyone need such a long name reservation period?

    BTW, I agree with everything else you said.
  • DrYoshiyahuDrYoshiyahu
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 9,195
    Posts: 529
    Member
    @MarchinBunny: that's such a blurry line. At what point does the time between the game being released and a new class being added not result in complaints? 15 days? 20 days? 30 days? The only difference between the Runeblade and the Soul Binder is an arbitrary amount of time. If the only reason people are complaining is because of the proximity to launch, maybe it would be better if Nexon just delayed releasing the class for a few more weeks.

    I disagree that Runeblades being added after the game is released means they can't be a player's main class. Just because they're not the first character a player makes, doesn't mean they can't be the player's main. I'll have three, maybe even four characters at level 50 by the time Runeblades come out, and once they do, I could choose to play my Runeblade exclusively from then on.
  • MarchinBunnyMarchinBunny
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 8,245
    Posts: 545
    Member
    edited 8:59AM September 12, 2018
    that's such a blurry line. At what point does the time between the game being released and a new class being added not result in complaints? 15 days? 20 days? 30 days? The only difference between the Runeblade and the Soul Binder is an arbitrary amount of time. If the only reason people are complaining is because of the proximity to launch, maybe it would be better if Nexon just delayed releasing the class for a few more weeks.

    @DrYoshiyahu
    You are right, it is a blurry line, but it does make a pretty big difference because it ruins the headstart. You may disagree with me, but take a look at all the complaints and you will see that it DOES matter even if that line is blurry. 9 days is a very short amount of time to switch classes. You cannot argue against that. Especially when that time happens to coincide with head start and release.
    I disagree that Runeblades being added after the game is released means they can't be a player's main class.
    I never said that.
    Just because they're not the first character a player makes, doesn't mean they can't be the player's main.
    I never said that. Please read my comment again. I said their character they start with during the head start will be wasted. The head start itself will be wasted.
    I'll have three, maybe even four characters at level 50 by the time Runeblades come out, and once they do, I could choose to play my Runeblade exclusively from then on.
    Good for you. Not everyone plays in the same manner you do. Many will only have a single main character.