Check out the patch notes for the v18 Kritias Expansion here: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45974

Ping Post CBT 2

GunPowderGunPowder
MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,875
edited 12:29PM August 23, 2018 in General Chat
Was there an improvemnt in ping for you since CBT2?
What's your ping at the moment?
Was server optimization discussed during the Premiere event?

For those who don't know how to check for ping: Under graphics, tick the "Display FPS" box. Your ping will be displayed in brackets next to your FPS.

Poll is intended for players who play on the server closest to them.
  1. What's your ping?61 votes
    1. 0-50
       25% (15 votes)
    2. 51-80
       25% (15 votes)
    3. 81-120
       16% (10 votes)
    4. 120-150
       7% (4 votes)
    5. 150-200
       11% (7 votes)
    6. 200+
       16% (10 votes)

Comments

• StrawberryPanicStrawberryPanic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,685
    edited 1:02PM August 23, 2018
    Jumps from 50-100, but usually stays around 80. That explains my stutters in Mushking. :(

Edit: BTW, does anyone knows where are the EU servers? That's actually quite a lot.
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Jumps from 50-100, but usually stays around 80. That explains my stutters in Mushking. :(

Edit: BTW, does anyone knows where are the EU servers? That's actually quite a lot.

They're located somewhere in Germany.

I get less than half the ping I get in MS2 in games like Fortnite, that host servers in Germany as well.
    DanDK
  • StrawberryPanicStrawberryPanic
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,685
    My country is next to the Germany so the ping should be way lower. Weird.
    SisterFister
  • AnOldGeezerAnOldGeezer
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,740
    Are they definitely in Germany?
    Usually my lowest in places like GER/FRA is about 24, but here its about 15 as if its in ENG
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Are they definitely in Germany?
    Usually my lowest in places like GER/FRA is about 24, but here its about 15 as if its in ENG

It was confirmed by a GM, yes.
  • BeezeeBeezee
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,320
    The ping you see ingame, i dont think its correct, when i tried the ping the ms2 EU server on the CMD, it showed 40ms so im not sure wich one is correct
    if you wanna check it for yourself, go on your windows menu and type CMD, then type ping 188.166.70.113 only works for EU
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Beezee wrote: »
    The ping you see ingame, i dont think its correct, when i tried the ping the ms2 EU server on the CMD, it showed 40ms so im not sure wich one is correct
    if you wanna check it for yourself, go on your windows menu and type CMD, then type ping 188.166.70.113 only works for EU

That IP is located in Amsterdam, NL.
    Doesn't add up with what we've been told by the GMs about the servers being in Germany.
    Gricely
  • AlzackAlzack
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,745
    I'd say my ping got worse after "invalid authentication session" message started popping up every 2 or 3 battles in Mushtopia as well as even appearing randomly in Royale Park without a good reason. I didn't have any issues with network latency during CBT 1 outside Monster Invasion event and my ping oscilliated around 50-80ms. Slight problems occured in CBT 2 but the gaming experience was quite smooth under normal circumstances, FPS drops were noted due to memory leaks and long-play sessions around large amount of Maplers. In the current state, Mushking Royale game seems very annoying and every fluctuation of ping creates a delay during battle which is throwing me off to even try getting any higher rank in leaderboards. I'm able to execute 1 skill every 2-3 seconds while the other players hit me with at least 3 abilities in 3 seconds (I'm not stunned by Fireblast). What's your secret, experienced Mushknights? :)

YhjBy4H.jpg

Latency issues reached high amount of ping, to the point that the game felt unresponsive and unplayable. MS2 has been the only product that I experienced giant lag spikes, it's actually the first time in my long gaming history to see such big numbers on my side of internet cable. I wouldn't exclude a possibility of DDoS attacks if more people reported similar behavior. Game optimisation and network infrastructure with routing path leave a lot to be desired, I suppose.

Ping fluctuations in the last week before maintenance: 830ms, 1340ms, 4395ms, 4916ms, 8800ms, 25946ms, 61940ms.
    I shouldn't have such issues if I live in Poland and EU servers are located in Germany.
    Kind regards!
    GunPowderDanDKLa3elleLunii
  • MochaLatteMochaLatte
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,475
    My ping has gone way way up, even though it's the same server. CBT2 NA East was ~40-80 solid depending on the map. Mushking sometimes sits at 70, but more often than not shoots way up to 150-400. It might just be because we can only be in the mushking park on one of the few channels, but it seems so inconsistent and jumpy even with the same amount of players near by, and I often get rubber banding and skill delays out of nowhere.
    GunPowder
  • AskaLanglyAskaLangly
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,085
    I'm usually sitting pretty between 130 and 200ms, playing NAWest from New York. During battle, it sometimes goes to 250.
    GunPowderMintylicious
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,490
    Relevant:
    20180830_224413_03.jpg

My ping is never in the good side, but having connection issues too I can't really tell how bad it is... I know that the best I had as ping was 120 (so good connection in that moment)
    GunPowderSisterFister
  • VixieVixie
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,400
    77-300+ ping for me. I'm from EU and playing on EU. For some reason sometimes it jumps and I have terrible latency issues.
    GunPowder
  • NominosNominos
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 1,180
    edited 9:04AM September 23, 2018
    Just a quick poll to see who is and is not experiencing issues
  • LuniiLunii
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 5,010
    I've only gotten the error once in the 3-4 days I've been playing MKR
    Nominos
  • ExigaExiga
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    Something is clearly wrong with the in-game ping. When I type "ping 188.166.70.113" in CMD, I get a result of 65 (Israel to EU), but in-game says 250-350 most of the time after the 12/9 maintenance. Before 12/9 and during CBT1 and CBT2 it was 100-130. So either the ping is worse when I'm logged into the game than when I CMD it, or the ping meter in game is wrong.
  • idontreallyknowmanidontreallyknowman
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 3,060
    Mine goes from high 30's to 150+ usually around the 40-50 range but very VERY jumpy.
  • MintyliciousMintylicious
    MapleStory 2 Rep: 2,065
    edited 6:47PM September 24, 2018
    I'm typically around 140 to 200ms on NA West but can spike 600+; I live in the midwest, and ping is similar on NA East when I test.