Learn everything about the latest update in-game from the May 30 expansion patch notes!

>> http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/48341/awakening-patch-notes
Did your "Striker Daily Wonders" somehow disappear even though you thought you claimed it? Read here first:

>> http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/45521/notice-regarding-striker-daily-wonders
Closed

[Feedback] Overall Impressions

Comments

• ChristaliniaChristalinia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 430
    I hope that you can change your perspective so that you can see the back of your character instead of just running around on most maps with the camera just showing one perspective. It's REALLY difficult when you have that one quest where you have to go into this cave and you have no idea where you're in it basically blind because all you can see is the rock on the outside.

There is an issue with the character selection where if you arrange a character to a different spot and then you switch servers and get back to that one server your characters are rearranged back the way it was based on oldest to newest character.

I didn't like how the cutscenes were a bit too fast at some parts so it would be awesome if there was an option to pause it.

It would be nice if the bosses that only appear at certain times were a bit easier to beat because they take WAY TOO long to kill if there are only a few people there, so maybe make a function where the bosses die depending on how much people are there to attack it? Example: if there are 2 people, make it easier and faster to kill, but if there are more people, like 5 or more, make it it a tad bit more challenging so that it would be fun to take it down.

Overall, I absolutely enjoyed playing the game and I'm super hyped for the actual release!
    DanDKManoIink
  • DoomsdaysiDoomsdaysi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    Character customization is realy great in the beginning. With that being said I hope that doesn’t mean cash/Meret ship will be limited on faces and gear and whatnot. I love love love the idea of arcades, mini games. Takes time away from grinding those epic quests. Gives the brain a break from reading and focusing on that. Only thing is on the XO (true or false) mini game some of those questions are super hard. I’m not a very bright person lol, and many kids will play for sure so I feel like the questions can be more ideal. Atleast a tad bit.

After a certain level I noticed the weapons went back to default look. And I feel maybe because the second beta I played a different character I saw a big difference in detail rather than on the assasin throwing stars. But I’m hoping for those amazing weapons that will cost millions of meals to get. Like in maplestory 1 crystal ilbis were amazing, z-helm, 10%, 30%, and 70% scrolls! That kind of jazz. I did not have the pleasure of playing pvp but am most looking forward to it.

I don’t like that every world is in one map. I LOVED The idea of being able to travel by boat to get to ludibrium, also disliked that Ludi wasn’t an actual town as I was looking forward to building a home there. It is/was my favorite place in maplestory 1. Also didn’t like that the tower wasn’t like in the original with 100 floors and portals. Everything is just put in the open.... :(

I want PARTY QUESTS!!! I want to team up with some friends and run some pqs. So much fun!

I feel like epic quests are tooo much to just focus on to get to max level when there are other things we can do. Everyone can level their own way. Also!!!! During the first and second beta I did not notice promotion at 15/30. Skills are kind of just there in one huge page and you decide what you want as oppose to following the guide per promotion.

I don’t like the idea of a house but there are many many people who enjoy that. I didn’t participate much in it but maybe will soften up to the idea in the future.

And finally I would love to see a black market and free market soon. With an option to sell items and buy items while online or afk.

Overall look and gameplay is amazing. I did not once see lag or lack or display or glitch or anything running on high settings. The game is flawless. I did enjoy the old school keyboard gaming I’m glad you kept that because it’s easiest for me.

Thank you for the opportunity to play this game!! I started maplestory in high school 2004 maplesea! To see it come this far is awesome.
    NOOBYIAMDanDKNimio
  • tangerinestangerines
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 530
    I sincerely hope Nexon America takes the initiative to either remove or change the dungeon limit system.

Many players, myself included, have felt a serious deal of frustration concerning the limitations that the game places on us. While I understand that Maplestory 2 was developed in South Korea, a country where there have been several incidences of gamers dying due to marathoning games (namely MMOs) and in general a much more harmful version of gaming addiction than that which is seen in the U.S. or other western countries, there should really be no reason why us non-Korean players should be limited by a system that is designed to prevent players to, well, play. Western gaming culture is vastly different from that of Korea, so why should western gamers be held to the same standards and be treated like Korean gamers?

The truth is that we shouldn't. Nexon America needs to realize that as gamers, us westerners feel rather entitled to our admittedly poor decision making in pouring ungodly amounts of time into our favorite games and we expect our decisions, no matter how harmful they may be, to be respected.

Here are some changes that could be made, and why I personally think they should be made.

Suggestion: Completely remove the dungeon limit system.
    Reasoning behind this: If we take a look at all of the popular online video games developed in America, next to zero of them feature a stamina system. Therefore, it makes absolutely no sense for ANY game in an American server to feature a stamina system. Now, you might be thinking that this argument is a bit silly because not ALL popular video games developed in America are MMORPGS, so allow me to bring up one that is: Elder Scrolls Online. As of December 2017, ESO had 2.5 million active players, so the game population is quite healthy and you could even consider the game to be popular. This game does not feature any sort of stamina system or a feature that limits the amount of time players can put into the game each day. Stamina systems are not only new to most prospective players, but they're also maddening enough to cause players to not want to play anymore.
    TL;DR: Americans don't like stamina systems and this could kill the game.

Suggestion: Remove the dungeon limit system... on the weekends.
    Reasoning behind this: This is probably the best option Nexon America can go with if they still want to keep the game true to its Korean roots. A lot of Korean MMORPGs actually feature no stam weekends where players can grind as much and as long as they so desire. This solution wouldn't remove a core part of the game while also pleasing the majority of players. Minors and adults alike often have weekends off (if you don't, god help you), so giving players unlimited dungeon runs on weekends would work out quite well. This could also serve as a way for Nexon to make some extra money, because more dungeons run usually implies more resurrections needed if you catch my drift.
    TL;DR: Most Americans would only be able to grind so much on the weekends anyway, plus Nexon could make some money off of this.

Suggestion: Increase the daily and weekly dungeon limits.
    Reasoning behind this: This is the easiest thing for Nexon America to implement into the game as I'm assuming it just requires a few number changes in the code. Increasing the daily and weekly dungeon limits by a sufficient amount would allow players to play more. However, this is probably the least desirable option for players as it still hinders us and the reality is that some serious players might never be pleased no matter how much Nexon changes the numbers. Nevertheless, this is a simple solution and it could at least pacify the majority of the playerbase.
    TL;DR: This option is fairly meh, but it gets the job done.

At the end of the day, I will definitely be playing Maplestory 2 no matter if the aforementioned changes are implemented or not, but I'm probably not going to be spending as much money on the game as Nexon America would hope. After all, why would I spend money on a game that barely even allows me to play it? A lot of other players likely echo this sentiment, and the lot of us will probably be spending our money elsewhere, and on companies that allow us to enjoy their product as much as we'd like to and to our hearts content.
    ClintJrSnackCakes
  • AlzackAlzack
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 3,745
    Overall enjoyment for CBT 2 is slightly better only because I met wonderful people and joined their guild to experience some adventures together. I'm disappointed that there was not a single section fully dedicated to PVP, guild system and life skills (especially gathering and crafting) in the survey, also some general questions were created in the ambiguous, suggestive way (ie. #21) that I didn't know how to react with feedback. Lvl 50 content ported from KMS 2 and advertised as "new" by Nexon NA branch wasn't as bad as I thought. I had some fun, otherwise my score for this beta testing stage would be definitely worse.

In regards to CBT 1, I had a feeling that nothing significant or worth mentioning was done to improve flawed game design with bad gear scaling, linear gear progression and leveling curve so far. Bugs present in the previous testing period remained in CBT 2, network infrastructure and mediocre game / code optimisation prevents you from performing any massive events like Monster Invasion, LIT Harbour efficiently due to huge amounts of in-game effects and name tags of other players. It results rather with frustration than enjoyment, I think that providing community with option to hide effects generated by other Maplers and ability to hide their name tags would be a good start. I believe that game crashes, memory leaks visible during crafting massive amounts of items, poor game optimisation, stuttering with cutscenes, huge FPS drops from 60 to unstable 0.7-12 in towns and dungeons, latency drops from 50ms to 490ms during events should be treated as top priority for now to provide the best quality of service as soon as possible. Then I would suggest development team to concentrate more on long-term features as the side activities are developed well already.

Experience rate was lowered a bit during CBT 2 and it didn't help much due to huge impact of Main Storyline, rendering other in-game aspects of gameplay either obsolete or underwhelming in the sense of very fast experience gain. I really appreciate that game provides different methods to get exp points but at the same time I'm concerned that there won't be any significant progress if ALL features (that provide any benefit for leveling) aren't adjusted to the same ratio. Variety of such features is a nice solution for someone who doesn't want to repeat the same road to the current end-game content on every alt character, just consider making all aspects of game meaningful and reasonable to explore. It might be a crazy idea but think about implementing Experience Badge for people who deem leveling curve too fast (I am one of those Maplers). It might work in the similar manner as Transparency Badge, but could offer the following options: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. Player would be able to set any of given options anytime in order to lower the amount of gained experience and control his/her own leveling ratio. In example, you don't want to get EXP from mini-games -> you check 0% option with Experience Badge and enter MC Kay's arena, have some fun and then you leave with 0 additional exp points. If you'd like to receive experience points with standard ratio, you set 100% option with Experience Badge. That way players could control at least some aspects of gameplay and their way of level progression.

Events weren't as much engaging and pleasant as the ones provided during CBT 1 mainly because of poor advertisement as well as missing or misleading information that was changed too often and spread on different sources instead of one coherent place. Messed schedule for LIT Harbour livestream, lack of consideration about Season 1's Mushking Royale champions the next week after issue and GM actions in raid environment during "Play with GMs" event left a bad taste, it also undermined credibility of staff's professional behavior. I think it's something to consider and improve in the future. Raising Rainbow Slime was rather simple but enjoyable, I liked the concept idea of "Race Against Time" but whole event had some design flaws (especially tasks from day 5 and onwards), making it underwhelming. Event with exploration goals was rather a filler, I only did it as something additional to exploration and because of reward carrying over to official release. Monster Invasion event was a big lagfest and that hasn't changed since CBT 1 despite me having a well-built PC with good connection to cater to the most new games.

Features which I found enjoyable during CBT 2:
    • Maple Arcade & MC Kay's mini games
    • MML System & Music performance
    • Raising Rainbow Slime event
    • Dark Descent Wave Dungeon
    • Abandoned Mines Labyrinth
    • User-Generated Content
    • The Fire Dragon Raid
    • Guild environment
    • Mushking Royale
    • Game aesthetics
    • Housing system
    • World Quests
    • Soundtrack
    • Exploration
    • Pet Taming

Features which I would like to enjoy but I found poorly executed till now:
    • experience rate adjusted accordingly, deeming all aspects of game meaningful and reasonable to explore
    • interesting, immersive, memorable storyline and tidbits of lore filled within Maple World (optional for every character, not a mandatory sad chore like what we're served with Epic Storyline)
    • engaging, challenging, meaningful low-level content, exploration and teamplay enforced environment
    • appropriate gear scaling and gear progression not only through dungeon crawling
    • dungeons with patterns different than mindless killing
    • more emphasis on active gameplay than AFK-leveling
    • feasible, entertaining as well as interesting gathering and crafting
    • PvP system

Some suggestions to consider:
    • Cutscenes - I'd like to read them at my own pace and control their transition with specific hotkey (ie. Space bar), also I don't want other party members have a possibility to skip them against my own will.
    • Word filter - it would be great to have an option to tick all censorship on or off, censoring words that are in no way harmful looks awkward.
    • Voice's spam level - make it that each player is able to choose via options if character wishes to talk more casually or not.
    • Voice acting - let each player choose language of voice acting (English, Korean) from options.
    • Map coherence - adding 1 extra map that looks like a transition between the zones would be a great idea, it wouldn't give a feeling that you're in Perion among lava for a moment and then you land in a lush green forest out of nowhere 1 minute later.
    • Soundtrack variety for themed maps - compared to the many tracks that original MS 1 had, we just seem to recycle ca. 10 music motives.
    • Bring back Maple Island and let us start adventure as Beginner.
    • Adding Main-Hand and Off-Hand Weapon as separate options to hide for Transparency Badge in order to avoid cape clipping.
    • More variety for UGC templates, more music instruments, some themed performance stages for each town.
    • Setting one specific color for transparency - that would allow creating other shapes from cube possible (ie. sphere by filling cube's corners with color assigned to transparency).
    • "Click to Move" option for controls turned off as default.
    • More true hair colors, color wheel and skin tones, faceset with nose patterns, earrings template for one ear.
    • Day and night cycle, weather effects.
    • Advanced sort option for quests in journal.
    • Swimming mounts - let some mounts dive underwater.
    • Flying mounts - let players descend to the ground from air instead of making them fall.
    • Option to customize color of font for each chat - it would be a huge bow towards color blind people, I had problems while reading pink and purple font.
    • Game optimisation and fixing memory leaks - I noted very serious FPS decrease and overall stuttering within game during long-session play, world invasion event caused lags with mass of effects and players around.
    • Text length limit - increase it for guild names, guild ranks, macro tab's label, skill tab's label, chatbox character limit, music score's title, chat tab's label.
    • "New mail has arrived" sound upon every single map change - make it appear once when receiving mail in-game and then upon login.
    • Condignation level for housing to let players place camera view on structure assigned to appropriate height and switch transparency on other floors of house's interior.
    ClintJrDanDKNOOBYIAMLa3elleSnackCakesBakaAnikiSnuggelinaStalePopTartsVerloFantasykittenand 1 other.
  • DanDKDanDK
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 33,515
    edited 5:28AM August 11, 2018
    Alzack wrote: »
    It might be a crazy idea but think about implementing Experience Badge for people who deem leveling curve too fast (I am one of those Maplers). It might work in the similar manner as Transparency Badge, but could offer the following options: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. Player would be able to set any of given options anytime in order to lower the amount of gained experience and control his/her own leveling ratio. In example, you don't want to get EXP from mini-games -> you check 0% option with Experience Badge and enter MC Kay's arena, have some fun and then you leave with 0 additional exp points. If you'd like to receive experience points with standard ratio, you set 100% option with Experience Badge. That way players could control at least some aspects of gameplay and their way of level progression.

As we discussed yesterday, this idea is a good solution if and only if the badge offers suitable rewards/compensation for willingly reducing your XP rate, which is up to Nexon to balance (*shudder*). Nobody will willingly shoot themselves in the foot and get absolutely nothing out of it while others rush to 50 in 10 hours and start grinding end game.
  • La3elleLa3elle
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,695
    edited 9:45AM August 17, 2018
    1. Do not add costume gems/stat attribute outfits. As others have mentioned we need some confirmation on whether or not these items will be implemented before launch. From what I hear Asia is fine with them but the West is extremely against games adding power behind a money wall. I will not spend my time playing a game for countless hours to better my character to only be passed by someone who was able to do so in seconds because they spent money on power that will give them a permanent advantage over anyone who does not buy it also. Not to mention you will run into the MS1 issue where CG will make players OP in dungeons which in turn will cause you to buff the bosses which in turn will make them unbeatable for non CG players.

2. Add a second red meret chat payment option. I don’t think charging people real life currency to use the 2 main chats is a good, or only solution, to spam. As someone said using WC alone will cost $0.30 a message. Chat is one of the biggest tools with interacting with the MS2 community therefor shouldn’t only be available for Meret buyers. Local chat is borderline useless unless is populated areas. Therefor my suggestion would be to add red merets as second payment option so that way makes it so that you would still have to spend money to use chat but you have the option to either use real life currency or in-game currency to do so. The mesos to blue meret exchange rate is a bit expensive so it'd be hard for bot accounts and other troll accounts to use them to spam chat. If needed the RM rate be raised higher than the BM rate to further discourage spammers.

Note: I wouldn't mind having chat tickets available for purchasing in shop for red merets either.

3. Change Priest’s dash, Heavenly Wings. This ability wouldn't be such an issue if it wasn't for the fact that Priest has AOE healing instead of far range. When doing dungeon/world bosses with multiple people I need to dash into the group and heal them all and get back out before the boss can attack me. The dashing in part is easy but when I go to dash out I realize that I'm in the middle of everyone with people on all sides so when the boss attacks instead of dashing out of that area I end up dashing to the person right next to me and taking full damage. This in turn gets me killed often (plus makes me waste dash charges) and I can't have that happening when I'm the healer of the group and especially when the dungeon has a revive limit. After playing CBT2 and leveling Priest to 50 I felt that this ability was a hindrance to the class, not to mention made me feel like I was playing the class wrong even though I wasn't due to how often I would almost die because of this skill, and discourages me from wanting to play it after launch despite the fact that I have played support/healer every game I've ever played. I don't have much experience with AOE healers, far range support is more my style, so playing Priest is odd for me because the main rule of playing healer has always been to stay away from monsters as much as you can due to how squishy you can be and because how valuable you are to your team. But I've learn that Priest is a type of healer that requires a lot of skill to play effectively and can be challenging in a fun way to do so. What's not fun or practical is when your main ability that allows you to be an AOE healer actually gets you killed because it doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

4. Rework the beginner’s tutorial. The current tutorial is too vague and random to be of actual help; not to mention it’ll appear randomly even when you’re higher level to show you things it already has, or you have figured out long ago, and won’t go away/stop making popping up noises until you complete it which can get annoying. What should be added in its place is a separate tutorial tab with different categories for each topic that you can come back to when you need help. Gifs/Videos included would be a big help too.

5. Allow players to view all Maple Guide missions. When I was trying to fish to complete explorer quests it wouldn’t allow me to and I didn’t know why. I ended up having to find out from other players that I needed to level up and complete a MGM to fish. The problem was they didn’t know what level it was exactly. I continued to level and check MG but kept finding it inaccessible. What started off being what should have been an easy task ended up being a stressful one because I didn’t know what level I had to be to unlock this mission or if I was even close to it. My suggestion would be to make all MGM view-able but keep them locked until players meet the requirements. That way they at least know what level they have to been to access them instead of winging it.

6. Add an in-game event page. When I was playing MS2 I would find myself doing so for hours on end. This is fine until you realize that while playing it you missed an MS2 event on social media. My suggestion would be to add an event page tab that will have a red notification mark on it when new events happen. That way you won’t miss any going on while playing the game and also know where to look when you log on.

7. Lower the extra build tab cost. 900+ Merets is way too expensive for something that just gives you a little bit convenience. Not to mention it still resets your skill slots.

8. Raise the exp gained for mobs/bosses. As others have mentioned the current exp rate gained from mobs makes leveling from them painstakingly long. I was completing the main quests and needed to be 24 to do the next one (was 90%) so I thought I could stay in the map and train on mobs so I wouldn't have to waste my time traveling to somewhere else just to find a side quest. Around 20+ minutes past and I still wasn't leveled.

9. Add more social events/features. I understand that this is the beta but one thing I noticed lacking was the interaction with the community. The only time MS2 opened up the opportunity to really socialize/interact with others was in mini games and dungeon. Other than that MS2 felt a bit lonely unless playing with friends. Partying with people is somewhat non-existing and the mini games are the most socializing but they're random and few. So my suggestion is to add more events that you can do with others (such as the time race etc), give people more reasons to party, add more mini games, add social hangout areas such as cafes etc, and add mini game features such as swimming races/road races/etc into the maps.

10. Remove hair RG. If you can buy every other cosmetic item without RG then hair should be the same. My friend spent 900 merets just to get the same hairstyle 3x in a row. I think if you're spending almost $5 for hair you should be able to do so without it being RG. 300 merets is almost the same as permanent accessories.

11. Add more outfits in the character customization. Considering the fact that almost all fashion cosmetics cost merets I think the beginners selection should be bigger + more diverse to give the players a wider range to choose from, especially with dresses/tops. I would like to see some more feminine clothes be added too.

12. Change whisper chat/guild chat colors. At the moment both are very similar and at a glance it's easy to confuse the two. Changing one of the two would help prevent this confusion.

13. Add an in-game guide for making music. Being new to such a feature it was really confusing on how to go about making my own music and I couldn't find the information anywhere. Perhaps adding this maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news/article/32329/guide-music-score-creation guide in-game would help others in the same situation.

14. Make space between action items for quests. I noticed during the main storyline the quest people and portals were very close together and sometimes it was hard to enter the portal because you would keep accidentally talking to the person instead.

Things I did enjoy:

☆ Pet taming system. I thought this was a really fun idea!
    ☆ Musicial Instruments. I loved the fact that I can relax in town and playing music for others.
    ☆ Time Race Event. This was probably one of the funniest parts of CBT2. I loved completing all the missions with friends to get prizes!
    ☆ Earning mounts from quests. This was a big help in getting places while leveling.
    ☆ Using emotes. They're adorable.
    ☆ Guild House. Nice feature to have.
    ☆ Special Dungeons. These were so fun!
    ☆ Fishing for pets. I didn't have any luck but it was definitely an exciting part of fishing knowing you can get one.
    ☆ Slime Pet Event. It was fun leveling up the pets and getting different prizes when you reached a certain amount.
    ☆ Unlocking cosmetics through completing tasks.
    ☆ TBA
    SnackCakesBakaAnikiSnuggelinaStalePopTartsVerlo
  • StalePopTartsStalePopTarts
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 250
    Background
    Having played ms1 way back in pre BB and a little after, the maple world certainly has a special place in my heart. My first experience with ms2 was in 2015 when I played on the Korean servers. I did not get the chance to play during cbt1 but having played during the second round I got a good taste of what gms2 is currently like. I’ll cover a few topics and give MY OPINION about the current state of gms2. Overall, I had fun during the beta, however I felt there are far too many issues that need to be addressed before this game should officially release.

In no order of importance:

Maple Island? No more Perma Beginner?
    Like I said, I originally played ms2 back in 2015 when it first launched in Korea. I purchased a Korean account and google translated on my phone just so I wasn’t totally lost in playing the game. I remember starting as a beginner, where maple island was the tutorial. GOD DAM is miss throwing snail shells! Then you’d arrive at Lith harbor, WALK and EXPLORE your way to Tria and by the time you got there you were ready pick your class job, if you wanted to, and that first job advancement felt rewarding to earn. Respect for those crazy enough to stay perma beginners tho. Not sure why they eventually got rid of that in the restart patch, but I personally for nostalgic and personal choice reasons, wish they would add that feature back.

Leveling and progression:
    I understand that for the cbt2, the concept of accelerated exp gain was necessary for character progression to reach “end game” content within such a short time period (two weeks). This is obviously to test out what else the game has to offer once level cap is reached. However, when official launch does come out, I personally hope Nexon slows down the pace of the game dramatically. Some people will disagree and want level 50 handed to them on a silver platter with the main story quest, but I and many others will disagree.
    Personally speaking, I managed to level six classes all to lvl 50 during the cbt2: HG>Ranger>Wizard>Knight>Thief>Priest in that order. And roughly estimating that about 85% of that grind was achieved just from the main story questline alone, resulting in an incredibly boring CHORE, both the first run through on my HG and the 6th on priest. I quickly learned there was no real reason to grind mobs, explore the world, complete side missions, rerun lower level dungeons and content, or really any other options to gain exp. As others have stated in the forums already, the main story quest is bad in general and either needs to go completely or considerably redone. I personally wouldn’t mind it staying to add some sort of lore and depth to the game, however I should not level a couple of levels within the span of few minutes simply because I can take a taxi and be a “messenger” for the NPC’s talking back and forth without fighting mobs, really exploring new areas, or getting lost in the colorful rich world the DEVs worked so hard to create.

Also, what is with all the portals generated in the story line. For goodness sake we have legs, mounts, and taxi’s. Let us explore!

Pay to Win?:
    Finally! Gms2 is coming to the West! Now I won’t speak for our friends in EU, but here in America, the land of FREE,… cough* hint hint, wink wink ;) Pay to win isn’t something that tickles my pickle, if you know what I mean. There are some things that already feel slightly pay to win such as revive via merit, elixirs in cash shop, and some others that may seem small right now, but given time have potential to evolve into a wallet depleting, fun sucking trap. I won’t go into further detail as many others have already touched on the subject, both strongly against it and those who don’t mind and accept pay to win since nexon is… nexon after all.

Class Balancing:
    Overall, I had fun playing the different classes. All felt unique in play style and combat. I even tried Berserker and Assassin on my friend’s account to get a feel what they played like. I will say that some classes, innately did feel stronger due to: their kit, the current level cap, and mechanics to play them properly. I understand that in any MMO some classes are simply stronger then other in different stages or patches of the game. For example, back in the “old days” of ms1. A cleric would basically be a lil B!&CH until they hit 120 bishops and became KSing Gods with genesis late game. I soon learned it’s no surprise that Zerker and Sin were… let’s just say REALLY GOOD… while playing the thief class felt more like a super high risk for little to mediocre reward, depsite how fun it was to play. I personally don’t understand how a game has a class balance team where I can either spin to win or macro what I need on 1 button and pack a punch vs let me play this more complicated class to the max potential, and maybe, just maybe I won’t feel gimped. Yeah,… I personally will main either knight or wizard on release, but seriously throw weaker classes like thief some love.
    Side rant on classes:
    HG: Was fun but felt rather clunky after playing others. The long animations and wind up times felt sluggish at best compared to the more instant fire and forget spells of other classes.
    Knight: Would it be possible to have the shield stance actually block a portion of damage for team mates standing behind the knight? Obviously not like the pally bubble but still, something to give more that guardian feel. Also, no taunt or aggro pull mechanic felt weird to not have on what’s considered the “tank” of the game.
    Priest: As mentioned about pay to win for merit revives. Maybe give priest more value with a revive skill? Like knight bubble, super long cool down, but would give priest another job besides a heal/buff bot.
    Thief: super fun to play in term of play style and high intensity. However, without some love I see this class being left in the dust as shown in other regions.

Combat:
    Combat was fun at first, but quickly became repetitive. This has already been addressed in a video review within the forums, but I think adding a more unique combat system would greatly improve the factor of fun. Adding more modern combat features like a stagger effect or something, would feel much better to play. I mean seriously if I’m going to swing my big heavy great sword or blast a mob with a charged shot or explosion. I want that monster to feel the impact, not just receive a damage number and carry on.
    Another hot topic that has been already discussed in detail is the fair fight system. NO! Just no. Don’t penalize players who put the time in to progress and make their characters stronger only to severely cripple their damage. I’m not saying completely remove the mechanic all together as I can see value in keeping super haxed out players from one shotting everything later in the game, which would prevent low level or new players a fair chance to experience the game or complete quests. But the current state of this mechanic is just ridiculously not fair to the players that worked hard on their upgraded character.

Casual Social Game?
    For this game to be advertised as a casual and social focused game, it could be better. I must say the mini games were on point. So fun to play and meet people while giving a refreshing break. Though while I do see value in the party finder mechanic. I think it also hurts the game. Why would I want to travel to the entrance of PQ’s(dungeons) and manually assemble a party up when I can simply click a few check boxes, hit search, and auto match with randoms. This time saver is indeed nice and all, but I don’t make any friends along the journey, engage with my party really, and when we are done we all go our separate ways. One of the most fun parts of old ms1 pre BB was exactly that, trying to find and assemble a party. That’s where some of the greatest maple friendships were formed. Granted I know not everyone wants to walk across the world just for a specific dungeon, but I think there should be some incentive to actually travel to the entrance locations. Whether its slightly better drop rates or… something, because afking in town fishing or playing music isn’t exactly that social imo, nor that fun tbh.

Conclusion
    Overall, I had a fun experience with the beta, which I’m very grateful to have played. I am looking forward to official release. I do feel though; this game needs more work to not only be successful but suit the needs of the western market. Nexon please, I beg of you, actually listen to the feed back we, the community post. If this is some lame excuse to salvage the failure of the guinea pig Korea server, and slowly dying p2w Chinese server, then go ahead and greed it out with gms2 and make your quick buck. But if you want to successfully create a long lasting product to its predecessor ms1,… LISTEN! I guarantee I’d personally blow more money on pointless but cute AF aesthetics then p2w. Look at Fornite as an example. NO p2w mechanics, only cosmetics and its freaking killing it in todays market! Learn from the best and tend to your community. You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours. You stab my back, I’ll happily take my money elsewhere.

In the end, I wish you the best of luck for official launch and hope what you deliver is something that will entertain my free time, as well as want me to keep coming back.
    BakaAnikiChillBearDanDKAlzackVerloLdySnowBunny
  • DanDKDanDK

I understand that for the cbt2, the concept of accelerated exp gain was necessary for character progression to reach “end game” content within such a short time period (two weeks). This is obviously to test out what else the game has to offer once level cap is reached.

There was no accelerated gain whatsoever, the rates were reduced compared to other regions' normal rates. This rate is representative of the final speed. This is how bad it's looking at the moment.
  • GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,875
    edited 4:45AM August 12, 2018
    DanDK wrote: »

I understand that for the cbt2, the concept of accelerated exp gain was necessary for character progression to reach “end game” content within such a short time period (two weeks). This is obviously to test out what else the game has to offer once level cap is reached.

There was no accelerated gain whatsoever, the rates were reduced compared to other regions' normal rates. This rate is representative of the final speed. This is how bad it's looking at the moment.

From what I've heard, the amount of EXP needed to level up after level 60 is increased significantly, which just gives a weird sense of progression.
    I would love it if leveling all together was a bit more time consuming (Not as slow as pre-BB MS1, but similar), but that requires more content to keep players engaged...
    DanDK
  • DanDKDanDK
    GunPowder wrote: »

From what I've heard, the amount of EXP needed to level up after level 60 is increased significantly, which just gives a weird sense of progression.
    I would love it if leveling all together was a bit more time consuming (Not as slow as pre-BB MS1, but similar), but that requires more content to keep players engaged...

Indeed. Also, it's somewhere around 70 or 75 to be exact, which is coincidentally the same place as all existing content stops. This effectively means that it's just a hard level cap that's put in place until they invent future content. Also, what do you think is going to happen then? Obviously they'd then be compelled to lower the cap again so everyone can access that content, meaning that all effort invested into this arbitrary hard cap is going to be rendered meaningless either way.

• GunPowderGunPowder
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 2,875
    DanDK wrote: »
    GunPowder wrote: »

Indeed. Also, it's somewhere around 70 or 75 to be exact, which is coincidentally the same place as all existing content stops. This effectively means that it's just a hard level cap that's put in place until they invent future content. Also, what do you think is going to happen then? Obviously they'd then be compelled to lower the cap again so everyone can access that content, meaning that all effort invested into this arbitrary hard cap is going to be rendered meaningless either way.

That's true. Hopefully, I won't find myself afking all day after a month of playing.
    Perhaps if the game did better when it was first released we would have seen more content for lower levels, but from what I remember, and correct my if I'm wrong, the Korean team had to overhaul the game a few months into release to re-create the intrest in the game. That fix might have set them off course.

Hoping to see GMS2 exclusive content further down the line, but I won't be holding my breath.
  • MekoiMekoi
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 990
    Heyos~ As I played I just jotted down on a note things that annoyed me or I found could be improved. A few of the things could be put into the other sections of the form but... I'm to lazy to make multiple threads :P. Some of the things might have a fix but as I only played a bit each day I never went too deep into the options and played very casually.

Major concerns
    - Chat continuously progressing forward.
    While it's nice that a action scene with characters talking can happen at the same time as they are moving... I find it annoying how I have to keep my eyes on the scene to not miss any dialog. An example where this becomes annoying is if you play videos in the background and you go to pause them for the cut scene just to have missed the first few lines since it's going on without you. Or if something suddenly comes up and you need to leave the computer.

- Controller Skill Display & Skill Binding
    It would be nice to have the option to display the keyboard hotbar even when a controller is connected and for the controller skills and keyboard skills to have separate key binds
    I like to play both with Keyboard and Controller but I find it extremely hard to switch between the two. For one, I like to be able to see the keyboard hotbar but can't as long as the controller is connected. The second issue is that I play differently from keyboard to controller. While I might like having some skills grouped together on the keyboard, if I switch to a controller they end up getting separated into having to press different buttons to get to it. Then lets say I fix that and add those skills to the LB+XAYB (or whatever controller you use) Then tab back to PC controls they are all messed up again.

Minor Concerns
    -Map has a weird lag to it at times.
    -Thief daggers auto equip equips to first slot only.
    -Cut scene of Lennon coming in and seeing the dead boss. The dialog gets cutoff by a wall as the screen turns around and you can't see what he said.
    -Pressing T Opens a dialog box for going to house. if you press it multiple times another window will open without closing the last one.
    -"New" Items appearing in the bag that aren't new. The option to change what the game considers new would be nice.
    -MK2 Alpha's Lasor attacks can't hit a person directly in front of it. (might not be a bug doe if for balancing xD)
    -Slime event causes housing tutorial Yellow arrows to point at wrong sections and objects. Next time maybe have the Event tab appear last in the list?
    -Adjust Guild Leave button to be somewhere else. Might just be me but I constantly almost hit it by accident.
    -Frame drops when crafting large amounts of items.
    -Not being able to cancel mid craft unless you close the menu.
    -Add a warning box to item mall items if the item is already purchased or used on your character. [with a nice checkbox to not warn again ;) ]
    -Neeed Moar Slime items! Just a personal want ;) .

That's pretty much everything. Sorry for posting late as I sorta forgot I made this list and was busy with work >_>. Let's hope for having a better Maple experience with everyone's feedback <3 .
  • Flash33Flash33
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 955
    Since I missed the deadline to participate in the survey sent by email I figured I'd post my feedback here on the forums. This is going off of memory so apologies in advance if I mess some things up. Let's get started.

UI
    Let's address the elephant in the room. I noticed during my time that the UI is not as helpful as it could be. What do I mean? Well finding what you need in the different menus I feel isn't as smooth as it can be, and often times I found myself constantly searching through the different menus just to find the one I was looking for. I know eventually I was able to remember where things were at, and the keyboard shortcuts helped as well, but still I think it would be better if it was easier to tell which tab was in which section. This leads me into my next section.

Skill Points Section
    For the first couple of levels I found myself only using the basic starting abilities of the Mage class. While I never really had that much trouble or issue only using them it wasn't until much later on that I found you could gain even more abilities and even upgrade existing ones with Skill Points via a talent tree. How did I not know this? Because the game makes no mention of such a system at all, or if it did it does a poor enough job that I just completely missed it, and had I not stumbled upon it by chance I might not have ever realized it existed. This is a big problem and a huge oversight and I feel that it could easily be remedied by mentioning it in the Tutorial, letting players know "Hey, this nifty feature exists".

Voice-acting
    Maybe it's just me and my experience with Wizard101 and Pirate101, but I think it would be really neat if the game was fully voice acted like the 101 games are as opposed to just partial voice acting here and there. I know this would be a huge undertaking to pull off but I think it would add some much needed immersion into the games story and characters.

Combat
    Overall the real-time combat is pretty enjoyable, and the top-down view for an MMO is pretty neat. I will say that it does get a bit tedious at times, but that's just a nitpick since most games are like that.

Responsiveness to Controls
    Maybe it's because I use an older and slower laptop but I found the controls unresponsive and laggy at times. This was especially noticable during the obstacle course mini-games where you have to run, jump and climb your way to the top, where I'd clearly press the jump button but my character would wait a second or two before jumping, if at all. If this could be fixed to where it's more responsive and less laggy that would be great.

Final Thoughts
    Overall I enjoyed my experience with the Maple Story 2 Closed Beta, and if some of the more prominent issues I mentioned above were fixed it has the potential to be an enjoyable game.

Thanks for reading.
  • SymphobiaSymphobia
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 815
    edited 12:39PM August 19, 2018
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, it seems like cbt2's CPU optimization has gotten worse since cbt1. cbt1 was so smooth for me I was running other games while afk fishing. first 4 days of CBT2, it all seemed fine. I could play 5 hours straight without a fps drop. It inevitably comes, drops fps very slowly until flying through the map will skip frames. 2nd week of cbt2 it got progressively worse, from 3hours of active play without fps drop, to 1 hour at best. During last 3 days, raiders had to restart the game to reset this effect every hour to not let this get in the way of clearing raid.

I'm told cbt2 runs perfectly on a single core CPU, some people intentionally bought a new single core CPU just to play this game to prevent it from causing RAM numbers to go ape and have 10 fps for rest of the night. Restarting game SHOULD NOT be a requirement to play this game smoothly.

If anything, this could be the deal breaker that make me quit ms2

This problem was present during in both cbt1+2. There is a high chance it'll carry over to official release, I really hope to see this CPU optimization gets fixed before official release, ty for your time.
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Maplestory 2 Rep: 5,535
    I'm just going to be doing a link dump here, because I feel like I've said a lot of what I would say in an overall feedback post, across the multiple threads I've made in the suggestions forum. And a lot of what I said during the CBT 1 feedback threads still stand.
    Hopefully you guys read these threads:
    Class Roles and Gear Variety
    Improvements to Side Content
    World Questing and Monetisation
    Alternative End-Game Content: PvP and Guilds
    Progression, Reward Structure and Interactivity
This discussion has been closed.